chris&lori

co sponsor problem

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everybody

we have following problem, my wife (us) and i (non us). we want to be together, but it seems the laws of the united states makes it difficult for us, maybe more impossible :( my wife is in her last year of school (nursing class) she has a lot degrees in other fields but since 2 years she is just in school and not working. she gets per year 10.000$ so not enough to sponsor me :( she has savings and i also could sell my life insurance and give it to her, but it wouldnt make a difference :( so we talked to an attorney which told us it would work if we would find a co sponsor. she asked her parents, but they refused this and now we r both heartbroken. we havent so much money to fly 2 or 3 times per year to visit each other, cause money would be saved during months and then we would spend it on our trips :( she wants to stay in the states cause her family is there and she would get better money. i accepted her wishes and i dont wanna destroy her dreams. but now we havent any idea what we should do :( we both love each other so bad and i see how terrible she feels. i have worries that she will be not focused on her school and wouldnt pass :( i guess to wait is the best solution, but it would bring us in horrible money issues and also we would have to wait till she earns money. i feel she needs me each day and it makes me sad not to be with her to help her to support her. i wouldnt need any money from the states, cause when i would get my visa i would enter the states when i have a job there and the first time i would live from our savings. we r so desperate. she always gets mad about the ppl which have nothing and come to the states and live on welfare there and she doesnt understand how they made it?!

i also tried to get a company to sponsor me for a work visa, but i havent any special skills. im just a worker.

my question is does anybody had or has the same problem? is there any hope for us? she is starting to say things like, we will never be together and our mariage doesnt make any sense :( i dont wanna lose her!

my wife gave up the hope but im not giving up. hope is the last one which dies

thank you for reading

christian

hi everybody

we have following problem, my wife (us) and i (non us). we want to be together, but it seems the laws of the united states makes it difficult for us, maybe more impossible :( my wife is in her last year of school (nursing class) she has a lot degrees in other fields but since 2 years she is just in school and not working. she gets per year 10.000$ so not enough to sponsor me :( she has savings and i also could sell my life insurance and give it to her, but it wouldnt make a difference :( so we talked to an attorney which told us it would work if we would find a co sponsor. she asked her parents, but they refused this and now we r both heartbroken. we havent so much money to fly 2 or 3 times per year to visit each other, cause money would be saved during months and then we would spend it on our trips :( she wants to stay in the states cause her family is there and she would get better money. i accepted her wishes and i dont wanna destroy her dreams. but now we havent any idea what we should do :( we both love each other so bad and i see how terrible she feels. i have worries that she will be not focused on her school and wouldnt pass :( i guess to wait is the best solution, but it would bring us in horrible money issues and also we would have to wait till she earns money. i feel she needs me each day and it makes me sad not to be with her to help her to support her. i wouldnt need any money from the states, cause when i would get my visa i would enter the states when i have a job there and the first time i would live from our savings. we r so desperate. she always gets mad about the ppl which have nothing and come to the states and live on welfare there and she doesnt understand how they made it?!

i also tried to get a company to sponsor me for a work visa, but i havent any special skills. im just a worker.

my question is does anybody had or has the same problem? is there any hope for us? she is starting to say things like, we will never be together and our mariage doesnt make any sense :( i dont wanna lose her!

my wife gave up the hope but im not giving up. hope is the last one which dies

thank you for reading

christian

I worked out you would need cash in your wife's account to the value of around $36,000 in order for your wife to be the sole sponsor. Failing that, the lawyer is correct, you will need a co-sponsor.

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

I worked out you would need cash in your wife's account to the value of around $36,000 in order for your wife to be the sole sponsor. Failing that, the lawyer is correct, you will need a co-sponsor.

Just $36k really?

We have the same concern. What about your wife's relatives or friends?

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

hi val and gary

where did u find that?

thank you

christian

There are practical aspects to marriage and immigration. If you're adult enough to make the commitment, be adult enough to deal with the practical aspects that go with it. Many folks simply wait until they have their financial lives in order before embarking on such a journey.

It takes three dollars in liquid assets to replace one dollar of income shortfall, so $36,000 would replace a $12,000 shortfall in income. You find this on the instructions for the I-864 form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.