martess

Fiancee wants to make sure what original papers need to send ? NOA2 received

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Happy holidays to all Visa journeyers.

I am bringing this topic here it's because my fiance wasn't sure on what particular documents he have to send me during my interview? Fortunately by God's help we had received the approved NOA2 hard copy only last November 30, 2010. We are now busy for the requirements while waiting for the appointment letter from USEM for medical and Interview. But my fiancee has some doubts if he need to include his original passport and Naturalized US Citizenship original papers? ( He is Canadian Citizen by blood ) as these papers are very important to him in his stay at the US.

It is stated here below ( inviting attention on the # 2 Paragraph ). Although he send copies of the above mentioned documents at the USCIS to supplement on our 1-129F. According to him, he might be accused for Jeopardy by the Us government is he will send those original papers to me ( original passport and Naturalized US Citizenship original papers ) besides, he is afraid that the papers might get lost in the mailing stage. Please help us on this matter and looking forward for you favorable attention on this regard.

"God bless and Good luck to all of us in our journey "

Sincerely,

tess129

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1.A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).2.Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.3.Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).4.I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.5.You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.6.A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.7.Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

" Call unto me and i will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not ". Jeremiah 33:3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Happy holidays to all Visa journeyers.

But my fiancee has some doubts if he need to include his original passport and Naturalized US Citizenship original papers? ( He is Canadian Citizen by blood ) as these papers are very important to him in his stay at the US.

tess129

They would not bring his citizenship status into question at the interview. That should have been handled by USCIS. I can think of no reason for him to send you his passport and original naturalization documents. Photocopies should suffice.

[/size][/color]

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

What original documents have to be sent to my fiance for her interview? Does she need the ACTUAL boarding passes from my visit to her, any cards we have sent to each other, etc? Or are copies of those alright as well?

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What original documents have to be sent to my fiance for her interview? Does she need the ACTUAL boarding passes from my visit to her, any cards we have sent to each other, etc? Or are copies of those alright as well?

John

COPIES of everything. Originals were not needed for the I-129f. COPIES were originally sent with the I-129f package. they want to see what was sent to USCIS.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The reason I ask is because the K-1 visa guide listed on this site are as follows:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

Aren't 1 and 2 the exact same thing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They *look* like they're the same but the vital difference is that the documents the beneficiary takes the interview are the originals! Original birth certificates, original police checks, original marriage/divorce certificates.

So the fiance brings a copy of everything that was sent to the USCIS and the consulate, and for support, any and all originals.

Edited by iampatricias

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

They *look* like they're the same but the vital difference is that the documents the beneficiary takes the interview are the originals! Original birth certificates, original police checks, original marriage/divorce certificates.

So the fiance brings a copy of everything that was sent to the USCIS and the consulate, and for support, any and all originals.

Kinda makes sense. The only thing original that she needs from me, the petitioner, is the supporting documentation. I am assuming I don't need to send her an original birth certificate for myself?

Thanks again,

John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.