Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi yenge my flight was oke there were two teacher sitting next to me i talked with them ...one of them opened a universty in antalya it is international university he was coming to USA to get teachers ...so me and him talked time passed realy fast from chigago to lax i slept when i wake up everybody was going donw to plane i got surprized becaause i thought plane didnt departure yet...anyway i will have chance to call kadir ok .u take care asweel ....

Hello bro!! thank you so much for best wishes..I just wonder about border of turkey bec i did not go to the military yet but i have a paper about it :) its gonna expire july 2012 thats why i worred i think i will be fine.

also thanks for sharing experience :D ohhh if i knew you landed in Chicago i would like to meet you in the airport even its a short time but of course if you are not running to catch the next flight

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

THANK YOU BARIS!!! 9 days 4 hours!!! Any advice on the interview would be awesome! I am so happy to have been with you all for the last year! Hope everything is great for you!!

Hey Michele haha omg!! i cant believe almost just a week left for interview..

Ok i can give you some advice.

He needs to be front of the embassy at least 45 or 30 mins bec there is might be a long line.

Before he gets in to the embassy he should prepare his passport,medical result,pics,and evidence.

If he can speak english very well i would suggest him to speak english during interview time.

when officer asks him a question he have to look at the eye of person and answer the question simple but certain

He really does not need to be nervous (PS; even i m telling this i was a shuch nervous)

but after the interview i felt so light before the interview i was feeling like somebody sittin on my should who is thousand pounds :D

Good luck

Hey guys--its Veronica again! We got our interview data for December 14! whoohoooo!!! Thanks for all of your support and positive energy!

Your pics look great Mari! Sooo cute! :)

Thanks Michele! :-D

Turkeyluvr,

Welcome to AmeriTurkFamily and congrats on ur interview date

Goodluck as well

ROC

Timeline

Baris,

I'm happy to see your post today! How was your flight back? I really like the direct flight from LAX - IST - Adana. It really makes a huge difference for me as I could sleep straight through from LAX on over.

And, if you get a chance still call Ky in Adana! He'd love to hear from you I'm sure as he asked about you and your father when I arrived. Now, he's got his tractor and loves it. Also, he's now planting on his tarla or did last week right after I left. If you don't have his number I will email it over to you. You remember how hot it was for you when you were there? Well when I went (the day you were flying out, I flew into Adana), it wasn't too bad. Ky insisted it was "cold weather" and anything cold like dondurma, ice or ice cay? He always says, "All Turkish love hot things... you eat cold things you get sick" LOL

AmeriTurks: Winter flights over are not so expensive -- I think it was United, but prices were $499 +taxes of course, RT ... for Dec. It seems that THY is the pricey one but I'm going to keep looking.

Anybody get a better price than this?

Mariye Yenge

Heyyy Mari i agree with you about winter flights over its gonna be more cheap and the price you you talked about i dont think there is more cheapest than this and the point is THY

Who says turkish does not like cold i dooo tell Ky if its summer in adana lets see if he can drinks a water without ice or not cold

ROC

Timeline

Hey AmeriTurkFamily wake up!!!

Nobody added yet ?

http://www.facebook....AmeriTurkFamily

Michele you will not receive a pay check this week ;)

I m just kidding

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Michele haha omg!! i cant believe almost just a week left for interview..

Ok i can give you some advice.

He needs to be front of the embassy at least 45 or 30 mins bec there is might be a long line.

Before he gets in to the embassy he should prepare his passport,medical result,pics,and evidence.

If he can speak english very well i would suggest him to speak english during interview time.

when officer asks him a question he have to look at the eye of person and answer the question simple but certain

He really does not need to be nervous (PS; even i m telling this i was a shuch nervous)

but after the interview i felt so light before the interview i was feeling like somebody sittin on my should who is thousand pounds :D

Good luck

THANK YOU! I know right its so close! Ok so Bahadir says he wants to answer questions perfect..he is perfectionist:) He wants to answer questions in english that he can answer perfect and some in turkish if he cant think of right words in English....Will this be ok? He is so much a perfectionist that he says "If i dont answer in right tense...." Was the interviewer someone who speaks turkish and English? Yes he got a room at the hotel across from the embassy! He is ready to arrive early. What questions did they ask you?

No check?? Oh I didnt knowa paycheck was involved :rofl: I have to get password again:)

Turkeyluvr,

Welcome to AmeriTurkFamily and congrats on ur interview date

Goodluck as well

Edited by MicheleandBahadir

Timeline

THANK YOU! I know right its so close! Ok so Bahadir says he wants to answer questions perfect..he is perfectionist:) He wants to answer questions in english that he can answer perfect and some in turkish if he cant think of right words in English....Will this be ok? He is so much a perfectionist that he says "If i dont answer in right tense...." Was the interviewer someone who speaks turkish and English? Yes he got a room at the hotel across from the embassy! He is ready to arrive early. What questions did they ask you?

No check?? Oh I didnt knowa paycheck was involved I have to get password again:)

Michele,

The officer in the embassy he is already asking to you before he starts to interview would you like to speak turkish or english they can speak both i think he will be fine if he cant answer in english then he can answer in turkish thats ok..

i think i was number in 3 who interviewed me he was a good and a nice man i was so freaking nervous when i was infront of the window but the office was keep calling me sir!! then that made me confortable anyways he asked would you like to speak english or turkish i said it does not matter then we continued speaking english..

Make sure you always looking at him and smile you know.then answer simple dont talk much as long as he did not ask anything do not give more information as long as he did not asked about

of course i brought bunch of evidence but thats for sure they cant check all of it even i said i have more pics he said oh oh thats all enough ( bec. we were already sent it when we were in NVC stage)

Here are questions what he asked me

when your wife visited you last time?

does she have a kid ?

how old is he or she ?

are your wife is working?

sometimes they are asking like where does this pic taken ?

then he said have a nice trip and gave me a white paper to pay for UPS

ROC

Timeline

No check?? Oh I didnt knowa paycheck was involved I have to get password again:)

Michele,

The officer in the embassy he is already asking to you before he starts to interview would you like to speak turkish or english they can speak both i think he will be fine if he cant answer in english then he can answer in turkish thats ok..

i think i was number in 3 who interviewed me he was a good and a nice man i was so freaking nervous when i was infront of the window but the office was keep calling me sir!! then that made me confortable anyways he asked would you like to speak english or turkish i said it does not matter then we continued speaking english..

Make sure you always looking at him and smile you know.then answer simple dont talk much as long as he did not ask anything do not give more information as long as he did not asked about

of course i brought bunch of evidence but thats for sure they cant check all of it even i said i have more pics he said oh oh thats all enough ( bec. we were already sent it when we were in NVC stage)

does she have a kid ?

how old is he or she ?

ROC

Timeline

Michele,

does she have a kid ?

how old is he or she ?

ROC

Timeline

Hey guys--its Veronica again! We got our interview data for December 14! whoohoooo!!! Thanks for all of your support and positive energy!

Your pics look great Mari! Sooo cute! :)

Thanks Michele! :-D

Veronica that's great news on the interview date! Congratulations!!

I had a lot of pics up the first night and then took off a whole bunch bc I realized that Ky hadn't seen them yet! LOLOLOL ... oops I got a little excited. Anyway, our professional pics... that's another story. Enuf said.

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

HEY AmeriTurks!

Has any of you had the experience of flying into SAW (Sabiha) airport on the Asian side of Istanbul??

I never tried or experienced of asian side airport of istanbul.

Its kinda far away from center of istanbul.

sometimes tickets might be cheap to go there but i think you cant find much flight to go there

bec. most of companies flying to Ataturk airport

ROC

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

THANK YOU BARIS!!! 9 days 4 hours!!! Any advice on the interview would be awesome! I am so happy to have been with you all for the last year! Hope everything is great for you!!

hello micheleandbahadir i am happy for you to have your interview realy soon.just be calm down.before you go interview just get a breakfast little bit it would help u.you...they will ask realy simple questions.you know the answers already...bring some pictures phone details letters.they will ask for them.

let me tell u about mine i hope it would help you.before my interview ...i had alot of evidence my one bag was full of evidence.i got them with me.my wife was also with me.we went inside the building...and gave them passport and mecial result ect..we were the first one there it was 8:30 we were in the building...then alot of people come in the building.everybody got interview done and gone .we were still there with my wife they didnt call us i got more nervous i think they wantted us to be nervous ... i got mad ...there was nobody in the building accept us...then they call us me and my wife went together to the window...the CO told my wife go back the there and sit...CO : where did you meet with your wife?.when did you meet?.wich ship ? what was the name of ship? howmany times you met in person ?did you make wedding? why your wife mom didnt come? what does your wife do?(she works for veterans hospital ) what is the name of the hospital? what does she do there?what kind patients does she has?where was the patients come from? ect she asked alot of questions. questions were realy fast.then called my wife...asked here the same questions they asked me..it was all the same answer aswell...and ask for picture just looked at one picture.then told us i have to go it was 12:30 she i dont have time gave us ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS PAPER. ask for evidence i was giving pictures letters plane tickets phone details she enoughf thats enoughf she didnt want to get all the evidence....then told us we will let you know...once i got home i call the embassy process might take 3 to 6 monts i am impatient i was keeping calling the almost everyday keeping calling the same asnwer to me....they knew me allready because i was callling everyday...and last call when i call they got my name and the number...i heard that they droped phone and another person answered. i knew it was the CO who intervied me the same in the phone but talking in the turkish realy good...asked me why are you calling everyday they said we will let you know by calling or or email....i told the them it s my wife birthday and our unniversary i want it to be a gift for my wife.and she said we dont have to buy gift for your wife.i said i didnt meant for u to buy gift for my wife to just give me my wisa its the best gift .... and then she laugh the same me it was funny she missunderstood...and she told me we will let you know.the next day early in the morning got a call aksed me to send the passport to embassy.i got surprized it cant be it was 3 weeks for me to be in AP it was done ....i sent my passport rightaway..after two days got my passport with visa i wasa realy happy.

thats it....

i wish the best for you and i will pray for u to have your visa right away there nothing there to be nervous realy easy take care goodluck on interview

Timeline

Hello bro!! thank you so much for best wishes..I just wonder about border of turkey bec i did not go to the military yet but i have a paper about it :) its gonna expire july 2012 thats why i worred i think i will be fine.

also thanks for sharing experience :D ohhh if i knew you landed in Chicago i would like to meet you in the airport even its a short time but of course if you are not running to catch the next flight

hello bro i was running to next flight i wish i could have see you there to...may be next time.and i havent been in army also...i think i am bakaya now but they didnt check in the airport polis doesnt care about that ...at the airport the problem is when you are in turkey if soldiers stop you and ask for huviyet that is bad they could have bring you just rightthere to army...still make sure get tescil from embassy before you go turkey you neverknow..i trusted to my school thats why i didnt scare of amry ....i

Timeline

HEY AmeriTurks!

Has any of you had the experience of flying into SAW (Sabiha) airport on the Asian side of Istanbul??

it is more expensive...check the tickets and not realy easy to find ticket to adana

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

hello micheleandbahadir i am happy for you to have your interview realy soon.just be calm down.before you go interview just get a breakfast little bit it would help u.you...they will ask realy simple questions.you know the answers already...bring some pictures phone details letters.they will ask for them.

let me tell u about mine i hope it would help you.before my interview ...i had alot of evidence my one bag was full of evidence.i got them with me.my wife was also with me.we went inside the building...and gave them passport and mecial result ect..we were the first one there it was 8:30 we were in the building...then alot of people come in the building.everybody got interview done and gone .we were still there with my wife they didnt call us i got more nervous i think they wantted us to be nervous ... i got mad ...there was nobody in the building accept us...then they call us me and my wife went together to the window...the CO told my wife go back the there and sit...CO : where did you meet with your wife?.when did you meet?.wich ship ? what was the name of ship? howmany times you met in person ?did you make wedding? why your wife mom didnt come? what does your wife do?(she works for veterans hospital ) what is the name of the hospital? what does she do there?what kind patients does she has?where was the patients come from? ect she asked alot of questions. questions were realy fast.then called my wife...asked here the same questions they asked me..it was all the same answer aswell...and ask for picture just looked at one picture.then told us i have to go it was 12:30 she i dont have time gave us ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS PAPER. ask for evidence i was giving pictures letters plane tickets phone details she enoughf thats enoughf she didnt want to get all the evidence....then told us we will let you know...once i got home i call the embassy process might take 3 to 6 monts i am impatient i was keeping calling the almost everyday keeping calling the same asnwer to me....they knew me allready because i was callling everyday...and last call when i call they got my name and the number...i heard that they droped phone and another person answered. i knew it was the CO who intervied me the same in the phone but talking in the turkish realy good...asked me why are you calling everyday they said we will let you know by calling or or email....i told the them it s my wife birthday and our unniversary i want it to be a gift for my wife.and she said we dont have to buy gift for your wife.i said i didnt meant for u to buy gift for my wife to just give me my wisa its the best gift .... and then she laugh the same me it was funny she missunderstood...and she told me we will let you know.the next day early in the morning got a call aksed me to send the passport to embassy.i got surprized it cant be it was 3 weeks for me to be in AP it was done ....i sent my passport rightaway..after two days got my passport with visa i wasa realy happy.

thats it....

i wish the best for you and i will pray for u to have your visa right away there nothing there to be nervous realy easy take care goodluck on interview

OMG Baris thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so ready and happy! We are so thankful for your help. I am not going to interview so i will be awake through night waiting to hear all the news!!!! So ready to know the results! I miss him so much!!! Thank you for your good wishes!!!!! I will hopefully have great news soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.