Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone.

My name is veronica and I've been on this board a tiny bit. Can (my fiance)and I were very thankful for your help throughout our petition filing. Now we are at the consulate stage waiting for an interview date. We sent our papers to the embassy in Ankara September 26. Is anyone at the same stage? I checked the timelines--I know not everyone is updating this, so it can't be totally reliable.

We are just trying to understand when our interview date might be---this is seriously killing us to wait. I've read on the k-1 progress folder that someone mentioned being able to call the ankara office and get the interview date over the phone before the e-mail is sent. I tried calling and got the same answer every time: "we are reviewing your case and we will send an e-mail when we have your interview date".

Time is ticking by--I would really hate to wait until next year for an interview date. Can some of you share your NVC filing dates and when you got your interviews? I'm looking for recent NVC filers--like between August and September...

Thanks!

Hey just a welcome to the Kavehsi!

So Packet # 3! Exciting as it's a very tedious file to work on and getting all the records is not always easy in Turkey.

Once your file has been received in Ankara (UPS confirmation-- and there's nothing missing they might need), the interview date happens pretty quick. Now the question is, is how far out that date might be. Some were 1 mo, some 2-3 mos out. In the spring & summer, the given interview dates were within a month of Ankara receiving the file. I think the interview date you're talking about "over the fone" might be speaking to a rescheduling of the original date should the beneficiary not be able to make it. (This is what happened to Ky and Me when Baba got sick and we had many many unexpected change of plans but everything always had to be in writing and verbal is never enough). I am not aware of anyone who could get an interview date on the fone before it was in writing (not in this AmeriTurk forum anyways). ** If there is anyone, please advise.

I think the best thing to do now is just relax and focus on your wedding plans (K-1 right?), and START working on your AOS because that entire packet is full and time consuming I can assure you. Seriously, get as much of that completed as possible, or at least start filling out the forms as drafts and gathering more info you'll need for this.

Best Wishes!

Mariye Yenge

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Hi veronica!

Welcome! Bahadir and I got our interview notice in august, our interview was set on october 27. We called and asked why so far away (85days) they informed us because of all the holidays in turkey the end of the year they have less staff. Our NOA2 expired on october 6th, but yet we got date of october 27. They said they would extend our priority date. If you look at the ankara embassy website and look at the interview schedule you will notice that there are weeks with no interviews:( you may get lucky and get towards the end of december (depends on your priority date), we waited 3 weeks for our date. You will get soon and I understand how it hurts to wait. Our interview takes place 1 year since we sent in our petition, understand how you guys feel. You will get soon!!! Best of luck!!!!

Michele& Bahadir

Thanks everyone for the positivity--We need it! Hopefully, we get a December date, but according to the schedule list--the last date posted was December 29 :( At any rate, ill keep you all posted on what happens.

Timeline

OK now that we're married....

Why do I feel overwhelmed again with new paperwork? LOL The reality check is that I have other things on my plate that has been eating up my time (deal with them one by one, right?) Anyways, I have been trying to put new pic but I can't bc VJ says pic too big. Anyone know how to load them on here?

@ KD and Rj: Did you say that you were going back to visit Izmir? Or, was I dreaming (I still have jet lag I think).

@ Baris: How's work going?! Ky still wants to hear from you so if you still have his number, give him a call. In fact, he asked about you (he thought you were still there in Karatas).

@ Bahachelle: Hey your days are numbered missy! Interview comin.... You two ready?

@ Jen (Tuana): When you get there would you be so divine and eat an simit for me? LOL!! You know I've been there twice and twice I have didn't get one? Instead, I prefer pide and those fresh big crusty loaves that are chewy on the inside. Oh, and Adana Belediye ... expect the official who has to stamp your final doc "to be having a sit down, come back in 3 hours"... only to find out when you do, they tell you come back tomorrow! We figured when they have a sit down, so do we and go have cay and food somewhere by the lake.

@ Kelly: Now things should move easily for you two! Very happy for you gurlfriend!!

@ Tolsab: Do you have jet lag too?

@ Anybody who is new to the Turkish Forum: Welcome to the Kahvesi Thread!!

Mariye Yenge

hahaha No Mari you were not dreaming i said i will but of course not soon yet bec first i need to put things here together about life then i will

You both are looking so cute together i wish it will last forever

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

hahaha No Mari you were not dreaming i said i will but of course not soon yet bec first i need to put things here together about life then i will

You both are looking so cute together i wish it will last forever

OK I don't know how to add a pic to this thread but you can see our pics from my profile and then "photos" I put some on of me making Ekmek in my Adana Salvars and scarf! lol

OK I don't know how to add a pic to this thread but you can see our pics from my profile and then "photos" I put some on of me making Ekmek in my Adana Salvars and scarf! lol

You two Love birds look so CUTE!!! You guys are the cutest couple (next to us of course) :luv: and so much in Love.... The pics are amazing! We are so happy for the two of you!!! I miss my Hubby so much and Darling if you are reading this... I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU! (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

And of course.... Hello to all of the AMERITURKS and hope all is well with everyone!

Fatih and Kelly

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the positivity--We need it! Hopefully, we get a December date, but according to the schedule list--the last date posted was December 29 :( At any rate, ill keep you all posted on what happens.

December still isnt full! YOu have a chance! They will add a lot more! So since your Package was received by the embassy i think you have a good chance in December! I will keep you in my thoughts!!!!! Think positive it will happen!!!

Michele

Timeline

You two Love birds look so CUTE!!! You guys are the cutest couple (next to us of course) :luv: and so much in Love.... The pics are amazing! We are so happy for the two of you!!! I miss my Hubby so much and Darling if you are reading this... I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU! (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

And of course.... Hello to all of the AMERITURKS and hope all is well with everyone!

Fatih and Kelly

Kelly Any news? No information on your AP? I am sending you positive thoughts!!!!!!

Michele

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello to all ameriturks and visajourney members .i wish the best for you all.since i came here the fisrt week i started working.i didnt go around i still didnt see alot of area...i will see them anyway .i am here in visajourney now anyone want to ask questions i will try my best and answer the questions ...

mari yenge i am happy for u... i wish i was there that time to eat wedding (kuru fasulye) i am sure kadir and his family made kuru fasulye for wedding...where is my cabayan i am looking forward to seeing him here in the state... when i was in turkey i was realy busy about exam...and my father didnt let me go anywhere...he needed me about tarla i got him (300 donum) tarla.there was to many paper works thanks allah everything went well with paper work...imight go turkey marc again... if my father need me...because that time we will plant corn and other things....anyway hope to see you and kadir here in state together...u take care say hi to my cabayan.

hi kadir bro.how are u?i hope you are doing well.i know you found a job i am happy for u...i wish the best for u bro.it was realy easy to go turkey .it was so quick didnt wait any line i was just waiting for bags bytheway i forgot my bags color it was passing passing i couldnt have..i took my bags at the ends because there was nobody.i thin it was because of plane it took me. and coming back to state also so quick i think it was my luck because i dint wait any line at custom i gave passport and green card the officer just aks how long have you been there i said to weeks and ask why to see my family.and he asked agin did you enjoy i said offcourse.and he said thats good and wellcome back.once u pass the border realy easy u are free... bro u take care if u have questions just post.see u ...

MicheleandBahadir i was reading your posts i wish the the best for u

luckywife how are u ? how is going on (ap) i saw you time line it shows that still in AP i wish the best for you...keep calling the everyweek.they have to finish (ap) it should not take taht long...i wish the for u again take care

Timeline

hello to all ameriturks and visajourney members .i wish the best for you all.since i came here the fisrt week i started working.i didnt go around i still didnt see alot of area...i will see them anyway .i am here in visajourney now anyone want to ask questions i will try my best and answer the questions ...

mari yenge i am happy for u... i wish i was there that time to eat wedding (kuru fasulye) i am sure kadir and his family made kuru fasulye for wedding...where is my cabayan i am looking forward to seeing him here in the state... when i was in turkey i was realy busy about exam...and my father didnt let me go anywhere...he needed me about tarla i got him (300 donum) tarla.there was to many paper works thanks allah everything went well with paper work...imight go turkey marc again... if my father need me...because that time we will plant corn and other things....anyway hope to see you and kadir here in state together...u take care say hi to my cabayan.

Baris,

I'm happy to see your post today! How was your flight back? I really like the direct flight from LAX - IST - Adana. It really makes a huge difference for me as I could sleep straight through from LAX on over.

And, if you get a chance still call Ky in Adana! He'd love to hear from you I'm sure as he asked about you and your father when I arrived. Now, he's got his tractor and loves it. Also, he's now planting on his tarla or did last week right after I left. If you don't have his number I will email it over to you. You remember how hot it was for you when you were there? Well when I went (the day you were flying out, I flew into Adana), it wasn't too bad. Ky insisted it was "cold weather" and anything cold like dondurma, ice or ice cay? He always says, "All Turkish love hot things... you eat cold things you get sick" LOL

AmeriTurks: Winter flights over are not so expensive -- I think it was United, but prices were $499 +taxes of course, RT ... for Dec. It seems that THY is the pricey one but I'm going to keep looking.

Anybody get a better price than this?

Mariye Yenge

Timeline

AmeriTurks: Winter flights over are not so expensive -- I think it was United, but prices were $499 +taxes of course, RT ... for Dec. It seems that THY is the pricey one but I'm going to keep looking.

OK just after I made last post lookie what came in my email!!! Starting at $335 and up! THY is now $499 RT Good!

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?retrieveParams=true&z=64dd&r=1j&z=64df&r=1l&lastPage=interstitial

Mariye Yenge

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Baris,

I'm happy to see your post today! How was your flight back? I really like the direct flight from LAX - IST - Adana. It really makes a huge difference for me as I could sleep straight through from LAX on over.

And, if you get a chance still call Ky in Adana! He'd love to hear from you I'm sure as he asked about you and your father when I arrived. Now, he's got his tractor and loves it. Also, he's now planting on his tarla or did last week right after I left. If you don't have his number I will email it over to you. You remember how hot it was for you when you were there? Well when I went (the day you were flying out, I flew into Adana), it wasn't too bad. Ky insisted it was "cold weather" and anything cold like dondurma, ice or ice cay? He always says, "All Turkish love hot things... you eat cold things you get sick" LOL

Mariye Yenge

hi yenge my flight was oke there were two teacher sitting next to me i talked with them ...one of them opened a universty in antalya it is international university he was coming to USA to get teachers ...so me and him talked time passed realy fast from chigago to lax i slept when i wake up everybody was going donw to plane i got surprized becaause i thought plane didnt departure yet...anyway i will have chance to call kadir ok .u take care asweel ....

Timeline

Hey guys--its Veronica again! We got our interview data for December 14! whoohoooo!!! Thanks for all of your support and positive energy!

Your pics look great Mari! Sooo cute! :)

Thanks Michele! :-D

YES!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU VERONICA!!! now we can start your countdown!!! I know this excitement!!! ANd December 14th will be here before you know it!! If you are on facebook add me! MICHELE MEOW :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

hi kadir bro.how are u?i hope you are doing well.i know you found a job i am happy for u...i wish the best for u bro.it was realy easy to go turkey .it was so quick didnt wait any line i was just waiting for bags bytheway i forgot my bags color it was passing passing i couldnt have..i took my bags at the ends because there was nobody.i thin it was because of plane it took me. and coming back to state also so quick i think it was my luck because i dint wait any line at custom i gave passport and green card the officer just aks how long have you been there i said to weeks and ask why to see my family.and he asked agin did you enjoy i said offcourse.and he said thats good and wellcome back.once u pass the border realy easy u are free... bro u take care if u have questions just post.see u ...

MicheleandBahadir i was reading your posts i wish the the best for u

luckywife how are u ? how is going on (ap) i saw you time line it shows that still in AP i wish the best for you...keep calling the everyweek.they have to finish (ap) it should not take taht long...i wish the for u again take care

THANK YOU BARIS!!! 9 days 4 hours!!! Any advice on the interview would be awesome! I am so happy to have been with you all for the last year! Hope everything is great for you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.