11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Just wanting to know if there is any more from Albania out there:) My husband is from Albania and we have started the I-130 process in November..wanting to get some info if anyone has any experience with the consulate and interview process..

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just wanting to know if there is any more from Albania out there:) My husband is from Albania and we have started the I-130 process in November..wanting to get some info if anyone has any experience with the consulate and interview process..

Hi there! Welcome to VJ!! We are new too, but my fiance is from Turkey. You might want to look in the MENA forum and see if you can find more from Albania there. I think it stands for Middle East and North African Dec chat. Hope that helps! :star: Mari and Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Hi there! Welcome to VJ!! We are new too, but my fiance is from Turkey. You might want to look in the MENA forum and see if you can find more from Albania there. I think it stands for Middle East and North African Dec chat. Hope that helps! :star: Mari and Kadir

Albania is part of Europe so rightfully belongs in Europe and Eurasia forum and not MENA forum.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Albania is part of Europe so rightfully belongs in Europe and Eurasia forum and not MENA forum.

oops was thinking you were asking for Algeria! Sorry about that. Best to you both, Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

oops was thinking you were asking for Algeria! Sorry about that. Best to you both, Mari

best to you also:) and thanks..no problem about the mix up:D

:thumbs:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

I have no info about the interview but i can show u my steps i have taken till now .

I am from Albania and my husb is in Alb , i started I-130 on 3Aug , one month letter i received a letter they received my paper and in Oct i got another letter saying they accepted my case, after that in one month i Had to choose a communcation agent, and 88$ to pay per person and fill out DS2030 and then got another package i had to pay 404$ per person and send them the i-864 afidavit of support , i had some mistake , they send me back the papers and email and i refile again the i864 . plus i send them ds 230 with the photos , when i talked to them they told me from the day they receive my package it will take 20 days to process it and send it to Albania Embassy, from that it takes one month there and then it is the interview , i will keep u posted for all the info i have .

Timeline

I have no info about the interview but i can show u my steps i have taken till now .

I am from Albania and my husb is in Alb , i started I-130 on 3Aug , one month letter i received a letter they received my paper and in Oct i got another letter saying they accepted my case, after that in one month i Had to choose a communcation agent, and 88$ to pay per person and fill out DS2030 and then got another package i had to pay 404$ per person and send them the i-864 afidavit of support , i had some mistake , they send me back the papers and email and i refile again the i864 . plus i send them ds 230 with the photos , when i talked to them they told me from the day they receive my package it will take 20 days to process it and send it to Albania Embassy, from that it takes one month there and then it is the interview , i will keep u posted for all the info i have .

okay thanks very much..:) I didnt know if it was a easy embassy to interview at or not..i have only heard of one person being denied atleast from what i seen on here ..and it was a interracial marriage and she was older..

im american my husband is albanian(obviously..lol)..I stayed with him for 3 months..loved it:)

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

okay thanks very much..:) I didnt know if it was a easy embassy to interview at or not..i have only heard of one person being denied atleast from what i seen on here ..and it was a interracial marriage and she was older..

im american my husband is albanian(obviously..lol)..I stayed with him for 3 months..loved it:)

In the Bosnia thread (last page) I posted a link to a website where a former consular officer shared his thoughts on family immigration visas - he did serve in Macedonia and not Albania but he mentioned a case of an Albanian man. The whole thing was an interesting read as we don't know what consular officers can decide in any case.

best of luck to you two on this long journey!

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

In the Bosnia thread (last page) I posted a link to a website where a former consular officer shared his thoughts on family immigration visas - he did serve in Macedonia and not Albania but he mentioned a case of an Albanian man. The whole thing was an interesting read as we don't know what consular officers can decide in any case.

best of luck to you two on this long journey!

thank you very much..im interested to know any consulars opinion:D ...Best of luck to you also:)

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

• 1 month later...

My husband is from Albania and he did his visa interview in Tirana. They asked a good deal of questions but I wouldn't say that it was super hard. I have a detailed review in the embassy reviews section (I think I am listed as Susie on there). Just be prepared and study all of the information you have submitted to them, because they will most likely question you on it. Good luck!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline

My husband is from Albania and he did his visa interview in Tirana. They asked a good deal of questions but I wouldn't say that it was super hard. I have a detailed review in the embassy reviews section (I think I am listed as Susie on there). Just be prepared and study all of the information you have submitted to them, because they will most likely question you on it. Good luck!

thank you very much for your response:) we are trying to get prepared we are still waiting for the noa 2 but better safe than sorry and he got his paperwork around for me for the NVC stage...

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.