pookaphilus

DECEMBER 2010 AOS Filers

589 posts in this topic

Any update on the RFE?

Yep, it arrived today...and true to form was not what I was expecting. Lesson here: give up on trying to second guess USCIS ;)

The first part was that I'd forgotten to sign my G-325A (not embarrassing at all...but shouldn't they have caught that in Missouri?). Second part really confused me: I came to the US on a J-1 twice and they wanted evidence I had fulfilled the two year foreign residence requirement. Now personally, I think this is BS, since as i understand it, the UK is exempt from this requirement (or was when I participated). I did 2 J-1 programs within 15 months of each other, plus got my K1, and nobody seemed to care at any of these junctures. The gent I spoke to at USCIS earlier (who was v nice, btw), seemed v surprised this was being brought up now since I already had my K1!

However, I fortunately had lots of evidence (lots of payslips!) that I was in the uk for 2 years, so was easier to just give them that than argue. Got the RFE at 3.30 and was back in the mail at 4.45, which I reckon must be close to a record ;)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Hooray, congrats!! You must be chuffed. What's the job?

Got a bit down this weekend, as I got rejected for a third job and the call-back I got last week has failed to convert into an interview. This is a going to be a tough slog, no doubt about it. Taking a bit of time off from applications for the moment though - don't want to be worrying about it when I'm at home and should be enjoying my time with friends and family :)

Thanks a lot, very happy. Lots of additional organising & figuring stuff out as they want me to start real soon. Will be working on & designing new turbine control systems.

Thankfully will be bringing in money now.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

ps: To anyone in Orlando (preferably UCF area), I am looking at needing to either rent a room or sublet a room as I will be working in the UCF area but still living over here in Tampa until we get through the wedding. Will be staying Monday thru Thursday each week & if anyone wants to make some money, I want to pay $100 a week.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Yep, it arrived today...and true to form was not what I was expecting. Lesson here: give up on trying to second guess USCIS ;)

The first part was that I'd forgotten to sign my G-325A (not embarrassing at all...but shouldn't they have caught that in Missouri?). Second part really confused me: I came to the US on a J-1 twice and they wanted evidence I had fulfilled the two year foreign residence requirement. Now personally, I think this is BS, since as i understand it, the UK is exempt from this requirement (or was when I participated). I did 2 J-1 programs within 15 months of each other, plus got my K1, and nobody seemed to care at any of these junctures. The gent I spoke to at USCIS earlier (who was v nice, btw), seemed v surprised this was being brought up now since I already had my K1!

However, I fortunately had lots of evidence (lots of payslips!) that I was in the uk for 2 years, so was easier to just give them that than argue. Got the RFE at 3.30 and was back in the mail at 4.45, which I reckon must be close to a record ;)

Glad to hear you got it turned round in under two hours.

Enjoy your trip back to the UK and no doubt when you get back your greencard will have been approved and in the mail

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

I went to the SS office yesterday to have work with DHS permission removed. I had to apply for a new SS card and they told me it will be up to 4 weeks so that they can verify my greencard. Is this normal?

Did the dude behind the counter get it wrong?

What are other peoples experiences?

Dave Allen.

I went to the SS office yesterday to have work with DHS permission removed. I had to apply for a new SS card and they told me it will be up to 4 weeks so that they can verify my greencard. Is this normal?

Did the dude behind the counter get it wrong?

What are other peoples experiences?

This sounds about right from what I understand. Classic American bureaucracy (and I thought France was the only place that was this awful!)

I had a moment of horror at the doc's today getting a prescription as my UK ones were running out...the £7.20 inhaler costs FIFTY-FIVE DOLLARS here and that is after my insurance (without insurance, it is a whopping $205...). I appreciate that the NHS at home subsidises (and it does show why it is in so much debt), but the pharmacy were able to give me the prescription for only $5 because they had a coupon from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is providing coupons to pharmacies for 90% of cost, WHY don't they just charge 5 bucks?!

As the prescription is only for a month's supply, no idea what I'm gonna do when my pharmacy runs out of coupons...cos I'm not paying $55!

Anyway, rant over. Off to the motherland tomorrow kicking.gif see you in 10 days!

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to everyone..we are praying and hoping that our AOS interview next week will be alright..got all the things they needed..so we are on the go!!!...hopefully, we get approval as well..I got my EAD card last February, and waiting for my greencard so that I can enroll for school this coming Summer..ahhh..Lord, please guide us....God bless everyone!!..

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Hello to everyone..we are praying and hoping that our AOS interview next week will be alright..got all the things they needed..so we are on the go!!!...hopefully, we get approval as well..I got my EAD card last February, and waiting for my greencard so that I can enroll for school this coming Summer..ahhh..Lord, please guide us....God bless everyone!!..

I am sure everything will go great for you guys as long as you're prepared and confident! Good luck :)

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

This sounds about right from what I understand. Classic American bureaucracy (and I thought France was the only place that was this awful!)

I had a moment of horror at the doc's today getting a prescription as my UK ones were running out...the £7.20 inhaler costs FIFTY-FIVE DOLLARS here and that is after my insurance (without insurance, it is a whopping $205...). I appreciate that the NHS at home subsidises (and it does show why it is in so much debt), but the pharmacy were able to give me the prescription for only $5 because they had a coupon from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is providing coupons to pharmacies for 90% of cost, WHY don't they just charge 5 bucks?!

As the prescription is only for a month's supply, no idea what I'm gonna do when my pharmacy runs out of coupons...cos I'm not paying $55!

Anyway, rant over. Off to the motherland tomorrow kicking.gif see you in 10 days!

Thought you were heading back to the UK for a Holidays. Go see doc there and get new prescription there.

I still got my medical card and I think Im still registere with a doctor at my parents house.

Edited by 2ndMessiah

Dave Allen.

Hello lovelies

Just wanted to drop in from Mighty Blighty to say I just got the ultimate email - card production ordered, the Green Card is on its way!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. Having a big glass of wine with my mum and going out to celebrate with my friends in London at the weekend :) Bloody marvellous!!

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Hello lovelies

Just wanted to drop in from Mighty Blighty to say I just got the ultimate email - card production ordered, the Green Card is on its way!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. Having a big glass of wine with my mum and going out to celebrate with my friends in London at the weekend :) Bloody marvellous!!

Wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember to apply for your removal of conditions December 2012 (90days before your 2 year card expires)

Dave Allen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sure everything will go great for you guys as long as you're prepared and confident! Good luck :)

Thanks alot!!..God is so great!!..Yehey...everything went well with our AOS interview yesterday...I checked our status at the USCIS website this morning and it says "Card/Document Production"...thank you for all the wonderful blessings...thanks everyone..God bless us all!!.. :dance::dance::dance:

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Got back to Orlando last night to be greeted by my lovely husband - and my GC and welcome letter waiting for me in my glove compartment :)

Had no problems using my AP, was put to secondary but was only waiting about 5 mins. Quite glad I got to use it though if only for the amazing blue PAROLED stamp I now have in my passport that makes me look like a criminal out on good behaviour ;)

Oh, and 2 job interviews on Wednesday!! Life is good, even if I have a stinking cold :)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Filed: Timeline

We had our interview last week. Our interviewer was very unfriendly to the point of being rude, which made for quite an unpleasant experience.

I had the same interviewer a few years ago when I applied for US citizenship and she was just as rude then... it seems like she hates her job, or maybe just all the people she interviews.

She asked questions about how we met, how many times I had visited my wife before filing the fiance petition, why I filed the petition, where we got married, where we went for our honeymoon etc. She asked for joint financial documents so we gave her joint bank account statements, utility bills in both our names, insurance showing my wife as beneficiary, etc. She wasn't interested in letters addressed to the two of us, or other documents that showed my wife's married name. She asked if we had any photos of the wedding, so we gave her around 40 photos of the wedding and honeymoon.

After about 20 minutes she just said "I'll need to look through this (the application), if I need anything else you'll hear from me. The exit is behind you".

Its been a week now. The interviewer's attitude aside, everything seemed to go smoothly so I have no idea what she/they are waiting for. Hopefully the limbo will not go on for too much longer.

It feels good to vent... thanks for reading :)

Applied for my ssn on March 1st. It was just verified today by dhs. I can get my number wednesday. Yay.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.