pookaphilus

DECEMBER 2010 AOS Filers

589 posts in this topic

Yay I got the AOS NOA1 in the mail today!

It said on the USCIS site that they attempt to send out your biometrics appointment 30 days after they receive your application!

Fingers crossed we all get it soon. I am so excited :dance:

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

@Miss Jess

Seems like very good advice.

Its pretty much the same her in VA, if it seems to good to be true etc etc.

So from your experiences and mine, the thinking is if you buy a car for $xxx.xx expect to pay $xxx.xx divided by two in repairs to make the car safe.

Yup I replaced the EGR sensor because of check engine light. It blew a gasket and cost $1200 fo repair. Replaced serpintine belt tie rod end another $450.00. Now the engine doesnt idle at a set speed it moves up and down by about 300 rpm. and it sutters when accelerating. I need to replace plugs leads, probaly the EGR value, oil and fluid change. soooooo its no fun and currently I dont work so no money.(damn AOS and EAD take to long).

Edited by 2ndMessiah

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Speaking for the folks who applied in Dec & messed up the fee, packet with everything returned yesterday (& they had even tidied up the filing as well).

New check for correct fee plus slipping in AP letter which was missed. Does anyone know what is best to put on the letter? Best to keep it formal or throw a bit of feelings into it? We have been invited to participate in my wife's close friend's wedding party in April next year, which is in Montreal. Do we need to say that or better to put more details in?

Merry Christmas to all with their newly transported spouses/other halves etc!! =)

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

An update already:

12/14/2010: I-130/I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox by USPS.

12/15/2010: Package signed for by L. BOX (made me laugh)!

12/20/2010: e-mail and text notifications of receipt for both forms.

12/21/2010: Cheques (sorry had to) cashed!

[12/21/2010: Cheques (sorry had to) cashed!]

Now that made me laugh, how many others have changed the way they write or speak so the forms are correct??

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Speaking for the folks who applied in Dec & messed up the fee, packet with everything returned yesterday (& they had even tidied up the filing as well).

New check for correct fee plus slipping in AP letter which was missed. Does anyone know what is best to put on the letter? Best to keep it formal or throw a bit of feelings into it? We have been invited to participate in my wife's close friend's wedding party in April next year, which is in Montreal. Do we need to say that or better to put more details in?

Merry Christmas to all with their newly transported spouses/other halves etc!! =)

I'm no expert, but I'd say keep it as business-like as possible. I can't imagine that 'feelings' of the IO come into it when adjudicating the application. I imagine, whist there is some room for interpretation, they are working to a set of guidelines. At least that is the way I hope USCIS works.

Thanks for that, its not the easiest of things to write. While its personal to us, it means absolutely nothing to the people who are processing the application.

Next question is, with the RFE for the wrong fee do I remove all of the I-797C rejection notices (including the one with the incorrect check on it) or do they have to stay with?

They say on it to save the notice for records & to provide a copy.

Also, for the RFE rejection notice on the I-765 & I-131, its for not filing the incorrect fee, this is not an issue as they are all being filed with the I-485 so are exempt from the fee right?

My head is hurting................ but the state of FL has given me a drivers licence today, easiest test in the world for practical (failed half of the written test first time)

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

An update already:

12/14/2010: I-130/I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox by USPS.

12/15/2010: Package signed for by L. BOX (made me laugh)!

12/20/2010: e-mail and text notifications of receipt for both forms.

12/21/2010: Cheques (sorry had to) cashed!

Grrrhh posted my AOS same day. I suppose yours arrived two days ahead of mine so maybe by Thursday I will get notification.

Dave Allen.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Grrrhh posted my AOS same day. I suppose yours arrived two days ahead of mine so maybe by Thursday I will get notification.

i sent my package dec 10 and sign dec 12 but till now dont hear anything yet...im worried hope i get update today or b4 christmas,im nervous coz firstime we sent out package last nove 19,they rejected my whole package coz my I-485 form is not updated so we resend it last dec 10 with the updated forms and new fee,so stressing i really hope tht my green card will approve b4 my husband will deploy this coming march and need to get liscence

12/10/10-AOS/EAD/AP sent to chicago lockbox

12/24/10-AOS/EAD/AP NOA's hardcopy recieved

01/26/11-AOS transfered to CSC

01/26/11-recieved biometric appoinment notice dated.02/23/11

02/23/11-biometrics done

02/24/11-EAD card production

02/27/11-EAD approve

03/03/11-EAD/AP combo card recieved

03/04/11-AOS card production notice

03/08/11-AOS Approve

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

It's probably better to keep things as formal and business-like as possible. My guess is that many of the agents who handle the processing are not directly responsible for the changes that get made and I'm sure receiving a pleasant letter would help them get through their day.

We quietly just sent back the RFE'd documents with the proper amount on the check and thankfully received the NOA1 notice via text message today. It might be wise to mention about the AP letter that you added in. We noticed on our forms that they had printed some dates and numbers on it (probably to expedite the processing upon return). Best wishes to you! :thumbs:

31-Mar-2010 I-129F Sent (using USPS Express Mail)

01-Apr-2010 I-129F Received by Vermont USCIS

02-Apr-2010 NOA1 sent (USCIS website)

05-Apr-2010 Check cashed

06-Apr-2010 Touched

07-Apr-2010 Touched

10-Apr-2010 NOA1 Hard Copy Received

21-Jun-2010 NOA2 sent (USCIS website)

26-Jun-2010 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

03-Jul-2010 Packet 3 received

07-Sep-2010 K-1 Interview - Approved!

10-Sep-2010 Visa received

20-Oct-2010 Fiancée arrives in U.S.

13-Nov-2010 Wedding

01-Dec-2010 AOS Sent (using USPS Express Mail)

02-Dec-2010 AOS Received by Chicago USCIS

09-Dec-2010 AOS RFE - Incorrect amount on check (application fees increased)

14-Dec-2010 Received RFE from Chicago USCIS

15-Dec-2010 Resent RFE'd AOS (using USPS Express Mail)

16-Dec-2010 RFE'd AOS Received by Chicago USCIS

21-Dec-2010 NOA1 sent (USCIS mail notification)

23-Dec-2010 Notification for ASC Appointment

30-Dec-2010 NOA1 Hard Copy Received (was away on vacation)

18-Jan-2011 NOA for I485 transfer to California USCIS office

20-Jan-2011 ASC Appointment done

16-Feb-2011 NOA for AOS Approval

23-Feb-2011 NOA for AOS Approval Hard Copy Received

23-Feb-2011 Two-year green card received

19-Nov-2012 I-751 Sent (using USPS Express Mail)

20-Nov-2012 I-751 Received by Vermont USCIS

04-May-2013 NOA for Received Removal of Conditional Basis Received

Thanks for the kind words of support.

We plan to put the correct fee in this time, along with copies of the 3 rejection notices & the AP letter & get it back in the post this evening on fedex.

Fingers crossed the big bright green sheet they want us to put on the top gets it quickly in the system & we get an NOA1 soon.

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

I hope you get the notification before the holidays as an Xmas present! I was sweating it there for a while as I have travel plans for Dec 27, a few days back in the UK visiting family.

[12/21/2010: Cheques (sorry had to) cashed!]

Now that made me laugh, how many others have changed the way they write or speak so the forms are correct??

Right here! Not even just for the forms but just talking to people here in the states . My family and friends back home say I am starting to sound American lol

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Right here! Not even just for the forms but just talking to people here in the states . My family and friends back home say I am starting to sound American lol

I think the saying "When in Rome........" comes to mind.

I unfortunately will never loose this terrible Belfast accent of mine, and it only sounds worse when an American twang is added to it.

It does annoy me I have to dumb down my spelling and grammar but if I dont want to annoy the natives, I have to go with the flow.

Dave Allen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.