bonjur_mimi

Bringing a family member to the US

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So planning ahead you just got married and assuming you have just gotten your AOS. In 3 years you can get your citizenship. You can apply for your Mother/father then that should take about a year. When they arrive they will be able to get citizenship in 5 years , they can then apply for their sibling which will take about 10 years. The sibling can then bring the child ( your cousin) So 3 years plus 1 year plus 10 years , minus 9 months means you should conceive in 13.5 years if you want you cousin to baby sit. :wacko:

How do you know that it's gonna take that long? How are you so certain about it? where's the source?

I'm sure you will find a trustworthy babysitter among the 308,700,000 people in the United States.

No, you can't adopt your cousin, you can't marry him, and you can't claim he's your son or your brother either.

:bonk:

Be grateful that the fates have given you the opportunity to live in the United States and that your baby will be a US citizen and try to make the best of it.

Wish you well.

what do you mean that I should be happy that fates are given to me to be in the U.S.? I didn't come from a poor or bad life to survive here. I came to live with my love.The life is life everywhere in the world. if some works he or she will have a good life. I don't have to move to some other country for a better life. Why would you even talk like that? Next time can you please watch what are you saying here "Just Bob"

Thanks

Puh-lease! "No one else you can trust?" Baby-sitter for a baby that has not even been conceived yet?

I'm gonna have to go with JBob on this one. You have the privilege of living in the US, make the best of it instead of trying to bring over everybody and their brother. Or in this case, your cousin.

Did you have a baby yet? When you will have a baby then talk to me about trusting somebody issues.I can't just go online and be inviting a stranger to my house to babysit my child. Even if I still do I can't leave my child with the babysitter for more than couple hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How do you know that it's gonna take that long? How are you so certain about it? where's the source?

Cross reference between who can file an I130 and the current visa bulletin for each of the visa classes. It's called reading and math. Try it sometime.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Tired of people trying to bring their whole family tree into US. Then later become a dependent to the country. If you not come from a poor family or at least seeking an opportunity for a better life here, then why come here? You could ask your "love" or watever come and live with u in your own country which then u can feed your "love" without working? 90% out of people in this world want to come to US, i think your not exceptional or your "cousin". Stop talking like you got your own wealth back in the country that possibly dont need to come here. If you cant trust no one here then go back and give birth to the baby in your country.

Tired of people trying to bring their whole family tree into US. Then later become a dependent to the country. If you not come from a poor family or at least seeking an opportunity for a better life here, then why come here? You could ask your "love" or watever come and live with u in your own country which then u can feed your "love" without working? 90% out of people in this world want to come to US, i think your not exceptional or your "cousin". Stop talking like you got your own wealth back in the country that possibly dont need to come here. If you cant trust no one here then go back and give birth to the baby in your country.

Are you tired of people who bring their family over the US? how about you then? I think you filed for a visa where you come to the country with your spouse doesn't that mean it is your family? If you have kids then it is a family tree. you said people who brought their families to the US then become dependent to the country? Hm.. I thought they file for affidavit of support. If I'm right somebody is less dependent on the country because they have somebody to support in the country such as relatives or a family.

Are you tired of people who bring their family over the US? how about you then? I think you filed for a visa where you come to the country with your spouse doesn't that mean it is your family? If you have kids then it is a family tree. you said people who brought their families to the US then become dependent to the country? Hm.. I thought they file for affidavit of support. If I'm right somebody is less dependent on the country because they have somebody to support in the country such as relatives or a family.

Yes, i do have a child, and yes im bringing my wife and my child. Because that's the basic right for a US citizen, i did not had a chance to report birth abroad for my child since i had not enough time after she was born(had to go back US from expiring visa). What u trying to do is bringing cousin, not direct relative to you. Im not taking objection of u living or bringing ur family here, we all know whats best and better, but bringing your cousin...? come on...! At least think about bringing your immediate relatives first rather siblings. Oh, and im bringing my wife and daughter not the roots or branches from the tree. :whistle: One advice, there are 3 options for your cousin.

1: Student visa. Short stay not permanent and needs to have good grades to qualify

2: Fiancee visa. Currently not an option as he is not old enough to get married.

3: Tourist visa. Shorter stay than the student visa, and needs to have properties, something thats valuable like a house to report to US embassy, so they know thats he not running off and illegal stay in the US after the visa expired.

There are lots of topics on VJ about bringing MIL or other relative to help with a new baby. Generally a visitor visa is requested, and that can be a ####### shoot apparently.

Please tone down the hostility here. If the baiting/attacking gets worse there will be thread bans.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.