Obama 2012

Oh This is RICH... Obama "Blackmailed" Into Extended Tax Cuts For All..

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I like being independant too.

I am a gun club member and live in a solid Republican district

I make my crust by gambling on the stock market

BUT

I believe in universal health care and it is my number one issue...

People in my district can't get their heads round it because people drop coded words which let everyone else know which party they are for. Everyone subscribes to this block of 50 beliefs or that block of 50 beliefs and nobody does pick-and-mix

Regimented - like chocolate soldiers in a box

Like tom cats peeing on bushes they scatter their coded messages and claim their territory..

They hear me talk about the price of gold today and this is my new gun and my career in business - and they assume much too much about my beliefs as they pin up derogatory pictures of Muslim women with the US flag flying above the photos and distasteful epithets written underneath.

I know how the gay soldiers must live as I keep my trap zipped and smile thinly. It's always open season here on non extremos. If you ain't with us, you are against us.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like being independant too.

I am a gun club member and live in a solid Republican district

I make my crust by gambling on the stock market

BUT

I believe in universal health care and it is my number one issue...

People in my district can't get their heads round it because people drop coded words which let everyone else know which party they are for. Everyone subscribes to this block of 50 beliefs or that block of 50 beliefs and nobody does pick-and-mix

Regimented - like chocolate soldiers in a box

Like tom cats peeing on bushes they scatter their coded messages and claim their territory..

They hear me talk about the price of gold today and this is my new gun and my career in business - and they assume much too much about my beliefs as they pin up derogatory pictures of Muslim women with the US flag flying above the photos and distasteful epithets written underneath.

I know how the gay soldiers must live as I keep my trap zipped and smile thinly. It's always open season here on non extremos. If you ain't with us, you are against us.

Health care already is Universal.

What you mean is government controlled/bought & paid for slavery of the medical industry.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Health care already is Universal. No, it isn't

What you mean is government controlled/bought & paid for slavery of the medical industry. As opposed to being fleeced by the insurance companies whose primary purpose is not your health, but that of their shareholders' bank accounts

Just a few small repairs :)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I can't quite seem to figure out why we disagree in so many threads when it seems we agree on the major topics with the exception of gun control (I'm fine with fully automatic bans but thats about it) and the fact that you want a reduction in tax and spending while I want a flatline in domestic spending, mild tax increases with a dash of military cuts.

I don't want a reduction in tax, I want it left where it is. Now spending is a different matter entirely ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Just a few small repairs :)

which you're wrong on, but thanks for playing.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Timeline
I don't want a reduction in tax, I want it left where it is.

Remember that per the tax reduction legislation passed by a GOP Congress and signed by a GOP President in 2001 and 2003, taxes are now (and have been all along) scheduled to reset to 2000 rate levels on 01 Jan 2011. If you want to leave it where it is, then tax rates are going up in a little over three weeks. If, on the other hand, you want to keep the rates that are effective today, then that takes an act of Congress to reduce the rates effective 01 Jan 2011.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Health care already is Universal.

What you mean is government controlled/bought & paid for slavery of the medical industry.

Health care is universal ?

Private Jets are Universal if one has the dollars.

People die in the US every day because they can't afford expensive treatment and the insurance won't pay up or the insurance was too expensive. That is why my red passport might save my life one day.

One of my relatives works full time for an insurance company and his job is to pick holes in people's claims and deny cover. He is very good at digging into their medical history and sends people away to die.

Makes hookering look like a moral occupation by comparison

I say cut a couple of carrier groups (there are many more), and divert those funds to universal health care

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Health care is universal ?

Private Jets are Universal if one has the dollars.

People die in the US every day because they can't afford expensive treatment and the insurance won't pay up or the insurance was too expensive. That is why my red passport might save my life one day.

One of my relatives works full time for an insurance company and his job is to pick holes in people's claims and deny cover. He is very good at digging into their medical history and sends people away to die.

Makes hookering look like a moral occupation by comparison

I say cut a couple of carrier groups (there are many more), and divert those funds to universal health care

You don't have a right to health care. You have no rights to any services that another human being provides. If you do, then it's slavery. You have a right to purchase that from them at the price that they set/desire to set (unless the government puts in reasonable price controls mind you), but outside of that, you have no "right" to make anyone give you something that you are not willing to pay for.

Health care is universal in the sense that it is ready available to anyone who wishes to work to be able to have a doctor if they're willing to pay for those services.

I know it's hard to grasp, but it is a business, it is a service that is performed by other people just like you and me who have a right to make a living as they so choose.

Health care is expensive because of the BS that's involved in business regulations, malpractice insurance, cost of equipment (which ties in to the prior), lack of people who pay, Medicaid & Medicare, and availability of doctors in certain areas... If you could fix those things, then it would be alot cheaper. Insurance reforms do nothing to help the system itself other than to create headaches.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

You don't have a right to health care. You have no rights to any services that another human being provides. If you do, then it's slavery.

What a load of #######! According to your argument, the first responders in this and any other developed country on the planet are slaves. As are those in the court system since you are indeed entitled to their services as well. All regardless of your ability to pay for these services, that is. You're such a dickhead.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Timeline

What a load of #######! According to your argument, the first responders in this and any other developed country on the planet are slaves. As are those in the court system since you are indeed entitled to their services as well. All regardless of your ability to pay for these services, that is. You're such a dickhead.

You are entitled to a jury of your peers, yes and that's constitutional... However, no one is forced to be a juror either. There are plenty of 'outs' on that end of things.

You are entitled to no services that someone provides for you without paying for them. You may not like what I have to say, but it is what it is.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

You are entitled to no services that someone provides for you without paying for them. You may not like what I have to say, but it is what it is.

Of course I am. There's no insurance, no co-pay and no cash charge for the use of first responder services. It's a publicly funded service that's available to all regardless of whether they are part of the population that funds it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't have a right to health care. You have no rights to any services that another human being provides. If you do, then it's slavery.

So if a 9 yr. old child has a ruptured appendix and his parents don't the means to pay for it, you'd let him die if it were your decision, because providing him medical care would be akin to slavery?

You are entitled to a jury of your peers, yes and that's constitutional... However, no one is forced to be a juror either. There are plenty of 'outs' on that end of things.

There's more than that jury of the peers involved. You are also entitled to legal representation (which will be provided to you if you cannot afford it). And since there isn't any way to try a case without a judge to preside over the proceedings, I think the judges services are part of that entitlement as well. So judges and public defenders are then all slaves. I'm sure they'll be glad to know.

Timeline

So if a 9 yr. old child has a ruptured appendix and his parents don't the means to pay for it, you'd let him die if it were your decision, because providing him medical care would be akin to slavery?

I wouldn't force anyone to save the child, no.

Of course I am. There's no insurance, no co-pay and no cash charge for the use of first responder services. It's a publicly funded service that's available to all regardless of whether they are part of the population that funds it.

Just because it's publicly funded, doesn't mean you have a right to it.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's more than that jury of the peers involved. You are also entitled to legal representation (which will be provided to you if you cannot afford it). And since there isn't any way to try a case without a judge to preside over the proceedings, I think the judges services are part of that entitlement as well. So judges and public defenders are then all slaves. I'm sure they'll be glad to know.

There is legal precedence for why medical care is a basic human right. Access to medical care for prisoners is a constitutional right. Same with emergency and rescue services as well as law enforcement (public safety). Isn't it ironic that Paul will embrace the concept of a national defense, but rejects the idea of saving an individual's life as a basic human right?

Edited by 8TBVBN