^_^

Wearing a flag pin on your shirt to work

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone here wear a flag pin on their shirt to work?

I have noticed a recent trend at my workplace of some men doing that. Actually, I noticed recently after a conflict with a gentleman who I had to ask to be removed from a project I'm working on. I'm usually not very observant, but I was mildly irritated and happened to notice the flag pin. My curiosity having been piqued, I then began noticing it on a few others on this floor.

What do all the flag-pin-wearing people I've noticed so far have in common? They are all the angry type. Surly, uncooperative. No one wants them on their projects. Every workplace has them, so I assume you know the types. About half of them have facial hair, which is interesting given that overall I'd estimate less than one in ten of the workforce here has facial hair.

So - do you wear a flag pin to work? Do you fit the profile described above? Do you find yourself mysteriously moved from project to project without a convincing explanation?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm suddenly having flashbacks to the '08 elections....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

People you work with wore flag pins?

no, just the whole mass discussion on flag pins back then because Obama took his off for awhile....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Oh, that. Well what about at work? Do you see them?

Not at our home/corporate office here...

Though it wouldn't surprise me out at one of our remote/small town locations...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Timeline

You would think that someone would wear a flag with pride, not an attitude.

Well, it is possible that they're not wearing the pins with an attitude; it is possible they have bad attitudes to begin with. So the question becomes, what is it about this subsection of our workforce (bad attitudes) that makes them much more likely to don flag pins (at work)?

Edited by \

Well, it is possible that they're not wearing the pins with an attitude; it is possible they have bad attitudes to begin with. So the question becomes, what is it about this subsection of our workforce (bad attitudes) that makes them much more likely to don flag pins?

I'm sure they had an attitude to begin with, just wearing a pin wouldn't cause one. Perhaps they are trying to make a statement and are covering up their insecurities?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015