Luckywife2007

Federal Tax returns

7 posts in this topic

I have a question for form I-864.... I have filed Taxes each and every year except for 2009 as I wasn't required to do so for the amount that was earned for that particular year as I was in the USA for a short period of time. On the page that it asks for the three most recent tax years on form I-864, would I even list 2009's income as I said it wasn't enough to require a filing and therefore did not... (I have notarized a statement indicating why I didn't as per the instructions of INS). Would I list the most recent years that I DID indeed file taxes which would be 2008,2007,2006 etc? Which way would I proceed? :wacko:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If your worldwide income was below the amount for filing then you would attach a letter explaining that. It is not just US income but all income that is reported. You may not have to pay tax on the foreign income, but it does need to be reported.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

If your worldwide income was below the amount for filing then you would attach a letter explaining that. It is not just US income but all income that is reported. You may not have to pay tax on the foreign income, but it does need to be reported.

No income for me here in Turkey.... just last year while I was in the USA for a while.... so would I list it as I mentioned above?

Edited by Luckywife2007

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would think you'd list 2009 income still, as it is the most recent tax year, even if there is no tax.

You (or rather, the beneficiary) will bring along 2007 and 2008 filings, and then a letter explaining why there is no filing for 2009.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I would think you'd list 2009 income still, as it is the most recent tax year, even if there is no tax.

You (or rather, the beneficiary) will bring along 2007 and 2008 filings, and then a letter explaining why there is no filing for 2009.

I am a bit confused, why would the beneficiary bring 2007 or 2008 filings... wouldn't that be me... I have those as well as 2006,2005,2004 etc...and I have drafted a notarized letter stating why I didn't file for 2009 and the page from the IRS website that states "Who is required to file" I hope that is sufficient! and thank you bunches....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The tax filings would be yours (the petitioner), but in most embassies when doing DCF, it's the beneficiary who brings the I-864 and proof of tax filing etc to the interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

The tax filings would be yours (the petitioner), but in most embassies when doing DCF, it's the beneficiary who brings the I-864 and proof of tax filing etc to the interview.

In Ankara... or per their website and instructions......it states that we BOTH must be at the interview and since I have loved here and am still.... :wacko: then this isn't a problem....and yes he will be taking all of the required documentation/proofs etc.

Again,

Thank you so much and enjoy the Holidays! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.