CamIrwin

Russian out Ukrainian in

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:rofl:

Same here. Piles everything in there on top of each other until the door barely closes. She still hasn't figured out hw to make it wash and calls me to "make it work" (it is a machine...so "man's job") I usually have to remove and rearrange the dishes.

when washing dishes by hand she uses no "chemicals". Only bar soap or baking soda (also chemicals, but don't tell her that)Oh well, she does it so who am I to complain?

Actually knew several women in Ukraine that had the hand washing thing. The idea, I was told, is that outside is "dirty", especially in cities, and you ahev to wash your hands after being outside. :unsure:

Actually knew several women in Ukraine that had the hand washing thing. The idea, I was told, is that outside is "dirty", especially in cities, and you ahev to wash your hands after being outside.

Ha-ha-ha! That is me as well!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Funny but I am just the same way :You have mentioned that Vika gets "nervous" when she thinks you are "not doing anything" and Alla does that also. She thinks we should all work like bees or ants or something 22 hours per day. :lol: ; and this is the biggest issue i have with my Ukrainian fiance. Hi thinks that I am bossing him arround if I am asking about his plans for tomorrow!

Ukrainian women DO NOT ask the whereabouts of their men. They DO NOT want to know. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Ukrainian women DO NOT ask the whereabouts of their men. They DO NOT want to know. :lol:

Well, for being so far away from each other and talking on skype I want to know that he is doing something other than just watching movies on the computer.

Timeline

Well, for being so far away from each other and talking on skype I want to know that he is doing something other than just watching movies on the computer.

Um. No, I won't say it. :unsure: OK I will.

I lived in Ukraine and NEVER watched movies on the computer. :P

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

WOW a possessive supermodel, I guess I can live with that, YEEHAW!!!

And if your handy around the house, well hang on to yer socks laddie! It's gonna be a loooooooooooonngg night!

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Timeline

And if your handy around the house, well hang on to yer socks laddie! It's gonna be a loooooooooooonngg night!

:rofl:

Start watching "This Olde House"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife is also a fanatic about washing hands. I just don't understand how someone who washes hands so much can get sick so often.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mila - my Bride to be - is an absolute MANIAC for hand washing! She is always on my case about washing my hands when I get sick. She got a whopper of a cold a week ago and wasn't feeling too hot again over the weekend. "So Milochka, did you wash your hands?" "FOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ah, just 13 days til huggy kissy time again. Forget the socks. :help:

За Жезни С Смехом

Timeline

Ok, the ON TOPIC part is

Yes, WAY easier to go to Ukraine. Grab yer passport and head for the airport.

After having lived with a Russian woman for nearly two years and then spending all of 6 weeks with Mila, I can say that they actually are pretty similar in the house keeping dept. Neither keep a "Showroom", but they aren't freaks about clean floors and such. BOTH will leave the pans and dishes in the sink til I get tired of looking at em (or most likely NEED something) and me wash em myself. Course I was the one that greased em up anyway and neither like "pans with fat". :blush:

Now Irina (the Russian) was sweet and all, but she had the quicker trigger. My Bride to be is pretty laid back like me and I don't have to be "in motion" until she's ready to do something and that works for me. I get on the Honey do list while she's at work anyway. In a one room flat it's just easier that way. And my possessive Ukrainian hottie is by far the most appreciative of my DYI efforts of any woman I've ever known. :help:

За Жезни С Смехом

Timeline

Um. No, I won't say it. :unsure: OK I will.

I lived in Ukraine and NEVER watched movies on the computer. :P

Well, they do now! My honey is depressed and lonely without me. I am trying to help him any way i can but if you think that i shouldn't about his plans for the day, than tell me please what would be better to do

Timeline

Ok, the ON TOPIC part is

Yes, WAY easier to go to Ukraine. Grab yer passport and head for the airport.

After having lived with a Russian woman for nearly two years and then spending all of 6 weeks with Mila, I can say that they actually are pretty similar in the house keeping dept. Neither keep a "Showroom", but they aren't freaks about clean floors and such. BOTH will leave the pans and dishes in the sink til I get tired of looking at em (or most likely NEED something) and me wash em myself. Course I was the one that greased em up anyway and neither like "pans with fat". :blush:

Now Irina (the Russian) was sweet and all, but she had the quicker trigger. My Bride to be is pretty laid back like me and I don't have to be "in motion" until she's ready to do something and that works for me. I get on the Honey do list while she's at work anyway. In a one room flat it's just easier that way. And my possessive Ukrainian hottie is by far the most appreciative of my DYI efforts of any woman I've ever known. :help:

Well, I have news for all of you at this blog. Russian or Ukrainian - we all were made in the USSR.

Timeline

Well, I have news for all of you at this blog. Russian or Ukrainian - we all were made in the USSR.

BINGO!

I forgot to add that I think its an FSU thing rather than a Russian or Ukrainian, etc. thing, since both ladies are pretty similar. With one big difference. And I just thought of it. The cognac was clouding things a bit last night.

The Russian girl had very different personal hygiene standards from my Mila. For whatever reason she would not shampoo AND shower at the same time. She would stand outside the tub and shampoo 1-2 times a week and would only take a shower 1-2 times as well and never the 2 procedures on the same day. I never could get an explanation for that either. Her apartment in Russia had water (and hot) everyday all day.

Mila spends an hour every single morning in the loo and she never smells so whatever she's doing it's fine with me.

За Жезни С Смехом

My honey is depressed and lonely without me. I am trying to help him any way i can but if you think that i shouldn't about his plans for the day, than tell me please what would be better to do

Vika,

Just tell him to get the remaining paperwork prepared for his interview. That should keep him plenty busy until his appointment. It helps to pass the time and keeps him from just being lonely and depressed. He can get all other documents you might need in the future translated. It's probably a lot cheaper in Ukraine than here. :thumbs:

By your time line it looks like you should be getting the NOA2 anytime now. Good luck on the remaining preparation. :dance:

Edited by 1HappyGuy

Timeline

Heh... I was about to say, watching movies on the computer is pretty much the best-case scenario.

:innocent::whistle:

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.