one nation

i-751 visit at home by uscis

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi !!! I know there is a lot of people out there waiting for this roc thing and i have been going thru this for a year and so and me and my wife went to a second interview may 21 ,2010.So today 6 months after the last interview we got visitors that knock on the door !!!they were from uscis and they told my brothr that they r here to check my back round and i was at job interview after i got back from visiting my father in law he had hip replacement surgery an we were off and on chicago -boston last 2-3 months!!!my wife stay there this couple days and she was not at the house this morning so as me!!!!my brother was there raking leaves and they ask him to see the house and my brother call me and the guy from uscis spoke to me on the phone asking for my license number and 2-3 questions about me and my wife!!!we are still merried and we are doing fine as much as we can in this economy dificult times !!!and after 20 minutes they left. so im asking for any opinion or advise what gonna happen next!!!please help us!!thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi !!! I know there is a lot of people out there waiting for this roc thing and i have been going thru this for a year and so and me and my wife went to a second interview may 21 ,2010.So today 6 months after the last interview we got visitors that knock on the door !!!they were from uscis and they told my brothr that they r here to check my back round and i was at job interview after i got back from visiting my father in law he had hip replacement surgery an we were off and on chicago -boston last 2-3 months!!!my wife stay there this couple days and she was not at the house this morning so as me!!!!my brother was there raking leaves and they ask him to see the house and my brother call me and the guy from uscis spoke to me on the phone asking for my license number and 2-3 questions about me and my wife!!!we are still merried and we are doing fine as much as we can in this economy dificult times !!!and after 20 minutes they left. so im asking for any opinion or advise what gonna happen next!!!please help us!!thanks

Are they showed their USCIS ID or Batch to your brother? Sometime Fake officer comes to your house & demand money to approve your case. Or you may take a INFO pass and visit USCIS local office to check if any officer has been visit your house!

Thats my opinion..You could try..

B.B.

:ot2:

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Are they showed their USCIS ID or Batch to your brother? Sometime Fake officer comes to your house & demand money to approve your case. Or you may take a INFO pass and visit USCIS local office to check if any officer has been visit your house!

Thats my opinion..You could try..

B.B.

:ot2:

no they did show and my brother scare them while they knock on the door he is big and they almost brake the door and after that they apologize and show there id!!!but the guy was cool over the phone nothing crazy or attitude after he pull my wife drawer in the bathroom and he saw her o.b tampons always infinity he said ok its good enought!!!so miami boy what can we exp[ect from them now!!! my wife will be back in couple weeks or so !!!

no they did show and my brother scare them while they knock on the door he is big and they almost brake the door and after that they apologize and show there id!!!but the guy was cool over the phone nothing crazy or attitude after he pull my wife drawer in the bathroom and he saw her o.b tampons always infinity he said ok its good enought!!!so miami boy what can we exp[ect from them now!!! my wife will be back in couple weeks or so

Filed: Other Timeline

ICE doesn't come to check if you are doing fine; they only come to gather evidence supporting USCIS' s assumption that your marriage isn't real and that you don't live together.

So you and your spouse where out of town or even out of State for the past 2 to 3 months, while your brother opened the door at the address you are living at? Do you and your spouse live with your brother, or was he just there doing some yard work?

Depending on what impression ICE got after 2 interviews and a home visit where neither you nor your spouse where available or even in town, they make either approve or deny your R.O.C. I doubt that they will call you in for a third interview.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

yea but we r still merried and everything is normal just that we have to go back an for to help her parents ,im looking for a new job after my leg surgery!!!so how they gonna proceed now what u think!!!

it looks like a red flag came up about your bona fide marriage living togather thay came to investgate,,

what is ur best advice for us

ICE doesn't come to check if you are doing fine; they only come to gather evidence supporting USCIS' s assumption that your marriage isn't real and that you don't live together.

So you and your spouse where out of town or even out of State for the past 2 to 3 months, while your brother opened the door at the address you are living at? Do you and your spouse live with your brother, or was he just there doing some yard work?

Depending on what impression ICE got after 2 interviews and a home visit where neither you nor your spouse where available or even in town, they make either approve or deny your R.O.C. I doubt that they will call you in for a third interview.

ok bob!!yea my brother live with us we have huge apartment and when it comes to a family member we ll do everything you know!!!i had a surgery end of june and i was not able to do anything for 4 months and her father just had a hip replacement so we decide to be all there at her parents home just me and my wife!!!and it was not ice it says on there jacket just immigr,officer!!!no police nothing!!!i think its normal for people to be away from home for a while especially in our case!!we had some very baaad luck last 2 years!!2 surgeries just for me !!!what do u think bob!!those guys were polite and no agressive!!!thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the fact that they found obvious evidence that a man and a woman (you and your wife) were living together in the same place and had your personal belongings scattered around through out the house during a surprise and unexpected visit is a good thing. If they found no evidence that she lived there or you lived there, then it would be a problem. Personally, I think you will be ok and will hear some good news soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Duplicate thread in Effects of Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum moved to Removing Conditions Forum and merged with existing thread; duplicate post removed.. It is not necessary to post the same topic in more than one place and this is the correct forum.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Kathryn. If they were to investigate us and we were out of town, I'd be confident to know that we will be fine because we have picture frames of our wedding etc, mail scattered with our names, magazine subscriptions etc. Your home is your best evidence of your marriage and if you're confident abt what's in it then everything should be fine.

I think the fact that they found obvious evidence that a man and a woman (you and your wife) were living together in the same place and had your personal belongings scattered around through out the house during a surprise and unexpected visit is a good thing. If they found no evidence that she lived there or you lived there, then it would be a problem. Personally, I think you will be ok and will hear some good news soon.

hi kathryn 41

after the visit at our place they did what do u think what should we wxpect!!!thanks

Timeline

hi kathryn 41

after the visit at our place they did what do u think what should we wxpect!!!thanks

While I certainly can't speak for USCIS nor predict what decision they will make, it does seem logical to me that if they find good evidence that the two of you are indeed living a life together in the same house as husband and wife, that you have your belongings mixed in together, and you have provided them with the necessary documentation that shows how you have mingled together your lives financially and socially, that they will approve the removal of conditions and send you a 10 year green card. It seems like after 2 interviews and a home visit they have not been able to find evidence to the contrary even though they seem to have tried. I won't be surprised to hear you have received your 10 year card in the near future. That is what I think, anyways. I hope I'm right. Good luck :) .

Edited by Kathryn41

While I certainly can't speak for USCIS nor predict what decision they will make, it does seem logical to me that if they find good evidence that the two of you are indeed living a life together in the same house as husband and wife, that you have your belongings mixed in together, and you have provided them with the necessary documentation that shows how you have mingled together your lives financially and socially, that they will approve the removal of conditions and send you a 10 year green card. It seems like after 2 interviews and a home visit they have not been able to find evidence to the contrary even though they seem to have tried. I won't be surprised to hear you have received your 10 year card in the near future. That is what I think, anyways. I hope I'm right. Good luck :) .

i hope so kathryn !!!so we can go home and have a nice christmas after a looong waiting !!!thanks for the support!!!

hi kathryn again!!!i know maybe sounds stupid but how long sinc they came they will notify me over the mail what do u think how long is taking!!!thans

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.