cedwards001

Pre-Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have been away for a long time. I am becoming a nervous wreck. My fiance is doing okay, but I am so nervous that I am having difficulty sleeping the last few days. Our interview is about 4 weeks away and I don't know how to calm myself down. I don't know how to balance preparing my fiance for the interview and just relaxing. I worry that if I relax and do Yoga classes for example, that I will be missing out on our last opportunity to prepare for the interview. However, I also worry that if we prepare too much that I will burn out my fiance. How did you guys deal with the stress/nervousness just 4 weeks before your fiance interview? I said I wouldn't get nervous, but I did anyways :(

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have been away for a long time. I am becoming a nervous wreck. My fiance is doing okay, but I am so nervous that I am having difficulty sleeping the last few days. Our interview is about 4 weeks away and I don't know how to calm myself down. I don't know how to balance preparing my fiance for the interview and just relaxing. I worry that if I relax and do Yoga classes for example, that I will be missing out on our last opportunity to prepare for the interview. However, I also worry that if we prepare too much that I will burn out my fiance. How did you guys deal with the stress/nervousness just 4 weeks before your fiance interview? I said I wouldn't get nervous, but I did anyways :(

I feel ur pain and I know what you are going thru as my interview is also 4 weeks away and the way I have been trying to stay calm is by praying regularly and also preparing myself for the big day. Don't think you are burning out your fiance because it is better to be well prepared than not. Try and use this period to gather as much information as much as you possibly can because you never know what might be asked of you. Just think of it as a job interview and it would be ok. Try as much as possible to get all your facts together and practice likely interview questions with each other as well. Best of luck to you guys

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi don't worry you both sit down talk about the case togather study it.. i went with my wife to the interview the co talked to me then he said sent your wife to the window and do not talk to her,so keep your story right do not lie. to get idea look at some of the embassy reviews on this page , good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dont let it eat you up Carl... We go fishing to chill and talk about things that they may ask while we are out on the water.. good conversation and we are enjoying the time together as well...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Hey guys,

This is normal and it is easy to say to chill and stop being nervous but that is known by you already. The only thing I can say to help is to just try and relax and as often as possible to get with her and go over your life and have her repeat any and all answers. My lack of sleep and nervousness was the few days before so you having to go through weeks is tough. You have to be strong and there for her now and being too nervous and sleepless is hurting the chances.

I read to relax and do so every night until I am sleepy and then go to sleep right away. Go and just find the things taht have always relaxed you and start doing them. We are all here for you so feel free to come here and ask questions. Also if you need people to talk to just send us messages and I and others will contact you and chat. You are not alone in this.

Timeline

Thanks for your support everybody. I will do my best to get the Pink. Please keep me and my fiance in your prayers. I hope to have a nice Pink slip for a Christmas present. Thanks guys!!!

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Timeline

Thanks for your support everybody. I will do my best to get the Pink. Please keep me and my fiance in your prayers. I hope to have a nice Pink slip for a Christmas present. Thanks guys!!!

Anytime. We are here and send me a message if need to chat at anytime. I will say a prayer for you both and feel certain that everything will be OK.

Timeline

One word... Xanax! :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Working lots of hours at my job helps me cope with whats going on plus it helps the bank account. My fiancée has been studying English and prepping with friends in Saigon for almost 2 weeks. I have peace in my heart knowing I'm giving her every opportunity so she can join me here in the states. Just think positive and soon your loved one will be with you.

Edited by Sayha or bust.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Working lots of hours at my job helps me cope with whats going on plus it helps the bank account. My fiancée has been studying English and prepping with friends in Saigon for almost 2 weeks. I have peace in my heart knowing I'm giving her every opportunity so she can join me here in the states. Just think positive and soon your loved one will be with you.

Rich she is getting much better, she can understand much more, her speaking is comming along as well, she is just shy. Tonight after broken rice we will do the interview prep when she gets the things from Mr. Nam, Binh got all her letters translated, and I guess Saturday she is heading home.

To the OP as far as staying relaxed, it is all but impossible, just know that you are in a situation that you do not have control over, make the best of a bad situation. When you do your interview prep, do it in small chunks, the average attention span of an adult is only something like 12 seconds, so if you grill her for an hour most of it will not be as effective as it could have been. Also make a game out of it, ask her silly questions, and then let her play the part of the interviewer and have her interview you. Ask off the wall questions, and just try to have fun with it. Good luck, and like others have said dont sweat the big stuff, you are stuck waiting, and if you let it get to you it will affect you and her.

Good luck

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.