sdchargers

FBI unable to process fingerprints, what next?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I am a US citizen, my wife filed for AOS. We did the biometrics a month ago and got a notice on Friday saying that the FBI was unable to process the fingerprints and asking us to go to the application support center to redo the biometrics on December 1st.

We went to the ASC today to try and do a walk-in, security didn't let us in ... So they basically didn't take the prints correctly and can't even make up for it. I even asked for the supervisor, the security guard claimed she didn't want to grant us the walk-in ( I don't even think he asked her since he picked up the phone but didn't say anything ...).

So we will basically go to the biometrics on December 1st. What can we do to make sure the fingerprints clear this time?

The security guy told me that no matter what, they will clear because they only need two sets which they will have since this will be the second time they are taken (I think he just has no clue since I heard of people having to go to biometrics more than twice or having to submit police clearance).

Is there a phone number for each application support center so I can speak to the supervisor in person?

Thanks,

PS: Can they ever do their job correctly, they even told be the fact that the fingerprints didn't clear wasn't their fault, however, on my wife's 1st biometrics appt they signed the notice indicating they did quality assurance ...

I am the US citizen, my wife is the applicant.

Adjusting from J1 Trainee visa:

August 25th, 2010: Filed AOS package to USCIS

August 27th, 2010: Package received by USCIS

September 2nd, 2010: Received I797 for I-130, I-485, I-765

October 14th, 2010: Received biometrics appointment letter (will be on Nov 5th)

AOS interview will be on January 13th, 2011!

January 13th, 2011: Approved at the day of the interview

Next step, removal of conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It could be a mistake on the biometrics end, or it could be that she is one of those folks that is tough to fingerprint. There have been VJ members that have gone a couple of times before they get readable prints. Sine it's a "redo" I'd assume the person taking the prints will get the best set possible.

It stinks that you have to wait.

FWIW when we went for my wife's biometrics a couple of weeks ago there was a sign posted in the ASC showing the threat level and stating that only appointments for that day would be seen.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I went for mine they did it on a HUGE machine and they had to keep rolling my fingers on it to get the green pass to show up. The lady said it wasnt uncomon to have a hard time giving the prints but that she would keep doing it till every finger gave a green pass.. needless to say it took a while but I didnt leave the place untill it was all green.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

All that is starting to scare me as it already took them 3 tries to get my fingerprints at the embassy during the interview (it seems I have a finger that doesn't want to be scanned :no:)

I hope that this finger (that decency forbid me to show here) will realize it's my (and my soon to be wife) best interest that the biometric appointment goes well.

To the OP : good luck with your next bio

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.