mish

What does this mean? Anyone in the same boat?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This case is the case of my friend who filed their K1 last April 5, 2010 and doesn't get an approval yet. They got a letter from USCIS this first week of november telling them that they need another 6 months before they can decide on their case. What does this mean? There is no specific reason why they said that. They hired an immigration lawyer to do the process. Does it matter if they hired one or not? They called their congressman last october and the office of the congressman told them that there was a signature missing and when they asked their lawyer about it, their lawyer said that he was pretty sure that there was nothing missing in all the forms. The girl is older than the guy, does it matter? They've known each other since 2008 and decided to settle down this year. I can't think of anything that can make their process this long. Please give us some advices or answers fellow VJ.

-mish-

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This case is the case of my friend who filed their K1 last April 5, 2010 and doesn't get an approval yet. They got a letter from USCIS this first week of november telling them that they need another 6 months before they can decide on their case. What does this mean? There is no specific reason why they said that. They hired an immigration lawyer to do the process. Does it matter if they hired one or not? They called their congressman last october and the office of the congressman told them that there was a signature missing and when they asked their lawyer about it, their lawyer said that he was pretty sure that there was nothing missing in all the forms. The girl is older than the guy, does it matter? They've known each other since 2008 and decided to settle down this year. I can't think of anything that can make their process this long. Please give us some advices or answers fellow VJ.

-mish-

It's impossible to predict the reason for delay without knowing the details of the case but I suspect it's something either in the past of the petitioner or beneficiary or in the past of somebody with the same name.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would have an issue with a response from my atty that he was 'pretty sure" about the assembly of my petition... he should have a copy and be 100% sure... As was said in the previous post, there could be any number of reasons why they are delaying the approval... it could be due to an issue with something in the documents or in someones background or many other reasons.. one never knows at this stage.. all one can do is wait and stay in contact with the congressional rep on a regular basis...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

This case is the case of my friend who filed their K1 last April 5, 2010 and doesn't get an approval yet. They got a letter from USCIS this first week of november telling them that they need another 6 months before they can decide on their case. What does this mean? There is no specific reason why they said that.

They never tell. Just AP, additional processing. Can happen.

They hired an immigration lawyer to do the process. Does it matter if they hired one or not?

Only that they are out more money than if they did it themselves. Unless their case is very strange or complicated because of the past issues on either side, the attorney can not make it happen any faster, and usually a little slower.

They called their congressman last october and the office of the congressman told them that there was a signature missing and when they asked their lawyer about it, their lawyer said that he was pretty sure that there was nothing missing in all the forms.

Usually they would only get an RFE for something like that. Must be something else, maybe something coming up in the background checks.

The girl is older than the guy, does it matter? They've known each other since 2008 and decided to settle down this year. I can't think of anything that can make their process this long. Please give us some advices or answers fellow VJ.

Be patient....and wait.

-mish-

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.