T&R

Petition Rejection!! Need Help!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never rely on a link to a required form from a 3rd party website. USCIS makes it very clear to check for the latest version from their website.

Sure it would be nice if someone at VJ had nothing better to do than check for an updated form daily and post the link for us. Unfortunately, each person is responsible for the packet they submit which means you might have to put some effort into the process.

99% of the questions here have been answered many times over. READ,READ,READ way before you even think about about submitting a petition. You can save yourself from an unnecessary delay and alot of disappointment.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

what??? expired form?? as if we dont have enough to worry about!! i feel for you. so sorry. i can not advise you , even though i am a Junior Member:-)but seriously,we are all concentrating like maniacs to make sure we do eveything exactly right, who thinks of checking an expiration date on the form????ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! now i am going to check any and all forms in the future. keep us posted and good luck:-)....todd

Expiry date is an expiry date and it is important to make sure you use the current form.

They set expiry date on each form coz they have planned revision of each form, there can be chances that there might be no change on them but they do revise them and add or delete items required on the form based on their needs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Expiry date is an expiry date and it is important to make sure you use the current form.

They set expiry date on each form coz they have planned revision of each form, there can be chances that there might be no change on them but they do revise them and add or delete items required on the form based on their needs.

Sometimes that can be a problem. For example when it came time for my Fiancee to travel to London for her interview, I needed to make sure I provided her with the necessary forms, namely the I134 affidavit of support. Last spring/summer, the only I134 form I could find showed an expiration date of May 30, 2010 (from memory) and the Inteview as July 30. Even after May 30, I could only still find a from that showed an expiration date of May 30 so whats a guy to do? I went to the most official DOS website I could find and downloaded what they had listed and used it to fill out my information and sent it to the UK. I think the form still had a May 30, 2010 date and others stated they still did not have a newer one made and posted so thats all I could use. There were no issues thankfully and all was fine, but still that little expiration date problem was a concern. It goes without saying, use the latest and greatest but what can you do when the latest and greatest is past the expiration date? Catch 22?

Formerly of not so sunny Syracuse, New York (and going way back, Davis California!)

- 2008 Aug Met and began online relationship

- 2008 Dec 2-7 Met 1st time in person (England)

- 2009 Mar 28 Became engaged

- 2009 Apr 2-15 Met 2nd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Aug 25 - Sep 25 Met 3rd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Oct 19 Sent I-129F Application to USCIS

- 2009 Oct 30 NOA1 received

- 2010 Jan 20 NOA2 received (Approval Notice)

- 2010 Feb 4 Notified that approved I-129F petition forward to US Emabassy at London

- 2010 Mar 26 - Apr 15 Met 4th time in person (Fairfax-VA-USA)

- 2010 July 29 Fiancee had medical in London

- 2010 July 30 London Embassy Interview Date (K1 Visa approved pending a laundry list of medial stuff)

- 2010 Nov 2 Courier website shows K1 Visa packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval!

- 2010 Nov 3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! Visa's are in the building and in my fiancees hands! (tentative Jan 2011 arrival)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I received my package back today saying that the petition had been rejected because of using an outdated I-129F form (I used the example from the K-1 guide, not realizing there was an expiration date on the form). I now notice that the link to I-129F above the K-1 guide is what I should have used. The question I have is this...

They sent my entire package back to me (less staples and paper clips). The check, pictures, evidence and all forms are here. Can I just redo the I-129F form, put it back with the package and send it all back? The reason I wonder is because there is a line of information printed down the right edge of every piece of paper I sent them...it looks like I-129F, the date, and coding of some sort. Also, the check looks good, but simply has their USDHS and CIS stamp across my handwritten "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on the "pay to" line...everything else on the check is intact.

I am really hoping that I don't have to do everything over again (over 100 pages worth and also the forms with her signature on them)...I just need to know if I can send everything back to them since it has the stamp on the check and the numbers on every piece of paper...Has anyone had experience with this???

Thanks in advance!

Small overlook...but a good lesson to all of us here at VJ. Never Give Up my friend :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Yes, that is sad. There is so much great information on this site. It would be nice if the information was managed better. Either the forms should be kept up to date, or do not have a version on this site at all. Remove the link and add a link to the appropriate government site so that the petitioner has to download the correct form. This just about screwed me also but I was fortunate enough to see that it was an expired form.

Just my thoughts,

John

John,

The guides also state to CHECK FOR THE CORRECT FORMS! ;) Personally, I compare the list on this site to the USCIS site, verify prices, and print out the INSTRUCTIONS, and highlight the information in the instructions I need as I read through them.

I've done my own divorce paperwork and my own paperwork to buy a house. Nothing has been as time consuming and irritating as the immigration paperwork!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Ouch. I'll be making a few copies of the packet when its my time. Easier to make extra copies than to redo it all.

Also, its a good idea to have someone look over all of the paperwork to proof everything. Even if they are not familar with the visa process, just for typos or anything that looks funny.

I do publication work. Stuff that is sent to customers in masses. Everything is checked over twice. By the person doing it and also checked by a different person. Everything is printed on paper and each page is read and all numbers are verified (prices, phone, etc).

I mailed mine the day before you. Haven't heard anything back yet though the check was cashed. I got scared about the expired form but just checked mine and it's ok. Never thought to look at that! Good luck!

10/01/2010: Engaged
10/29/2010: I-129f sent UPS to TX
11/02/2010: I-129f delivered to TX service center @ 12:13 PM
11/08/2010: Check to Homeland Security cleared
11/13/2010: NOA1 received

04/26/2011: NOA2 received

06/07/2011: Interview date

06/09/2011: Visa received

06/18/2011: US entry

06/25/2011: Marriage

07/28/2011: Employment Authorization Document filed

10/03/2011: EAD approved

10/06/2011: EAD received

09/30/2012: Matthew Jacob born!

08/27/2013: I-751 sent FedEx to Vermont

01/11/2014: New green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just checked the copy of my I-129F to make sure ....sent the latest one that expires in 2012 ...makes me nervous all this paperwork...lol...I think they do the forms revisions to have something to do for an employee....in the new forms department...lol

Edited by JohnC811

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Yeah I found I had an old version during my rechecking of my document packet, had to redo the whole application. I agree with John they should not have versions for the application. Applicants got enough to worry about getting all the docs together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.