Time Tested

I Need Some Direction...A Little Advice, Please!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need some advice and/or direction. My husband was approved at the Embassy in Kingston, DHL ticket, paid, and walked out with big smiles on our faces. That was on September 16,2010. It is now, November 8 and he still hasn't received his visa. The DHL website states,"Shipment on Hold". I have emailed the embassy monthly...no response. I have called the NVC..Useless! The individual I spoke with said, " I see he had an appointment but I don't see anything else." Ms. that doesn't mean anything, they probably haven't entered it into the system. You have got to be kidding me, right!!!!Help Me...

You Fancy Huh?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is he stuck in AP maybe?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

What is AP?

Even tho he is approved he may be stuck in extended processing.. Its happend to quite a few people from different countrys specially high fraud ones. Im not sure if that is what happend with your husbands but it is just an idea that may be why his is delayed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Usually takes as long as the embassy wants to take with it.. they never give a set time really.

The only way to find out is to get in contact with the embassy. Its weird that they wont respond to your emails to them.

I don't know if he could go there and try to find out in person at the embassy or maybe go to the DHL office and try to find out what on hold means.

Im not sure if its long enough to try contacting your senator about it, but that could be an option too.

Timeline

I need some advice and/or direction. My husband was approved at the Embassy in Kingston, DHL ticket, paid, and walked out with big smiles on our faces. That was on September 16,2010. It is now, November 8 and he still hasn't received his visa. The DHL website states,"Shipment on Hold". I have emailed the embassy monthly...no response. I have called the NVC..Useless! The individual I spoke with said, " I see he had an appointment but I don't see anything else." Ms. that doesn't mean anything, they probably haven't entered it into the system. You have got to be kidding me, right!!!!Help Me... Who should I contact next?

You Fancy Huh?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I need some advice and/or direction. My husband was approved at the Embassy in Kingston, DHL ticket, paid, and walked out with big smiles on our faces. That was on September 16,2010. It is now, November 8 and he still hasn't received his visa. The DHL website states,"Shipment on Hold". I have emailed the embassy monthly...no response. I have called the NVC..Useless! The individual I spoke with said, " I see he had an appointment but I don't see anything else." Ms. that doesn't mean anything, they probably haven't entered it into the system. You have got to be kidding me, right!!!!Help Me... Who should I contact next?

try to call the embassy and talked to a person, he might be in Administrative processing

I wish you good luck

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - call the DoS Hotline (# in my profile, left panel)

ask for case status, and also ask (specifically):

'Is this case in AP or not?'

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hey - call the DoS Hotline (# in my profile, left panel)

ask for case status, and also ask (specifically):

'Is this case in AP or not?'

I will give that a try this morning. Thanks!

You Fancy Huh?

Timeline

I received an email from the Embassy right after I had faxed a letter to my Congressman asking for assistance. The email said the same nonsense, " This visa has not been printed as of yet." "Once it has been printed it will go to DHL for delivery." So, is the printer broken? Perhaps they are building the printer one piece at a time on a little isolated unknown island in the sea. I am praying that my Congressman can help out. I will keep you all posted.

You Fancy Huh?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what was the news from the DoS Hotline?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I didn't find out anything through DoS. I contacted my Congressman about the situation and he emailed me the response letter he received from Kingston. Adminstration Processing is taking place at this time. What is that all about and how long can that take. The letter stated that they could not give a definitve time frame. My Congressman told me that he will monitor the situationand to follow up with him.

You Fancy Huh?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.