shakira08

TAMPA INTERVIEW (11:30AM)

4 posts in this topic

I was so very very happy that we were approved today. Our interview in Tampa-USCIS today @ 11:30am (K1 & K2). I did not apply AOS for nearly 3yrs. already due to financial problems but we overcome it, and we just did our AOS just this year only. I came here in USA in 2007 as K1 & K2. So many trials came into our life that i am always paranoid with any police etc. becoz i am in limbo. But we did our best to pass our papersworks this year becoz i cant stand my life here as "out of status".

We arrived in Tampa today (the USCIS office in tampa is so tricky)and almost missed the office becoz the building was was tricky. Anyway, we arrived there 15mins. time before our interview. We handed our Interview appointment to the security (they're so friendly & accomodating), and advised us to go the trailer which is beside the building only. When we go inside the trailer, i see lots of people (since its Monday) have appoitnment on that day. Naturalization, AOS etc. and some have attorney's too....they called us bit late becos they're so many applicants there today. Finally when they called our name, we go again to the security, and let us scan our belongings (no cellphone of course!), and advise us to sit in the hallway (there are chairs while waiting for the officer). Just sitting for 5mins. only, and our name called again, and we were heading to this cubicle. My IO is quiute, business-like, not chatting, and lead us to this room, a cubicle.

While inside the cubicle (almost 12noon already), he said right away about swearing and we did, and let us sit and He start shuffling our documents we submitted. he start asking questions right away while shuffling our paperworks (but i brought lots and tons of documents to prove that i married in good faith and i have tons of evidence of our bonafide marriage). He asked me this following questions;

_ WHO IS YOUR CO - SPONSOR (he is mentioning the name of my co-sponsor, he wants to know how i know this person)

- WHEN, HOW & WHERE DID U TWO MEET? ( me and my husband both answered the question)

- HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU GET MARRIED?(Asking me and my husband- each of us)

- HOW COME IT'S TAKES LONG FOR YOU GUYS TO FILE AOS? (my husband reasoned out right away, and the officer nodded,

seems like he understood why we delayed to file)

- WHO IS THE FATHER OF YOUR SON? DO U KNOW HIS NAME?

- WHEN WAS YOUR LAST ENTRY TO THE STATES?

- HOW MANY TIMES DID U TRAVELED TO THE STATES (of course i said only once! to marry!LOL)

Finally,start checking on the computer, and he opened hsi drawer and get a stamped-pad...i saw him right away that he stamped my files with a big word "APPROVED" :dance::dance::dance: ..........then, he did the same thing to my son. And he print something on the printer and handed me the paper and said, you are approved, and i need you to give me back your EAD & your AP. And then he grab my passport, and stamp I-55I. He said and explained that you can travel now freely, while waiting for your greencard......and after he said that, i asked him right away that since we were married more than 2yrs, should we still going through the 'conditional greeencard?'...he said right then NO YOU WILL RECEIVED 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

God is soooo good to us. he showered me so much blessing lately. I have a job now, i got my drivers license now. I am so happy, very happy!!!

I guess my advise to all couples, as long the marriage is in good faith, nothing to worry about. The officer who interviewd us is very nice, he is making jokes ot my son, and infact he chatting to my husband about business, as if they know each other. This is awesome day for us!.... :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports" as the prior forum is for questions and this one is for updates/progress**

Filed: Timeline

I was so very very happy that we were approved today. Our interview in Tampa-USCIS today @ 11:30am (K1 & K2). I did not apply AOS for nearly 3yrs. already due to financial problems but we overcome it, and we just did our AOS just this year only. I came here in USA in 2007 as K1 & K2. So many trials came into our life that i am always paranoid with any police etc. becoz i am in limbo. But we did our best to pass our papersworks this year becoz i cant stand my life here as "out of status".

We arrived in Tampa today (the USCIS office in tampa is so tricky)and almost missed the office becoz the building was was tricky. Anyway, we arrived there 15mins. time before our interview. We handed our Interview appointment to the security (they're so friendly & accomodating), and advised us to go the trailer which is beside the building only. When we go inside the trailer, i see lots of people (since its Monday) have appoitnment on that day. Naturalization, AOS etc. and some have attorney's too....they called us bit late becos they're so many applicants there today. Finally when they called our name, we go again to the security, and let us scan our belongings (no cellphone of course!), and advise us to sit in the hallway (there are chairs while waiting for the officer). Just sitting for 5mins. only, and our name called again, and we were heading to this cubicle. My IO is quiute, business-like, not chatting, and lead us to this room, a cubicle.

While inside the cubicle (almost 12noon already), he said right away about swearing and we did, and let us sit and He start shuffling our documents we submitted. he start asking questions right away while shuffling our paperworks (but i brought lots and tons of documents to prove that i married in good faith and i have tons of evidence of our bonafide marriage). He asked me this following questions;

_ WHO IS YOUR CO - SPONSOR (he is mentioning the name of my co-sponsor, he wants to know how i know this person)

- WHEN, HOW & WHERE DID U TWO MEET? ( me and my husband both answered the question)

- HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU GET MARRIED?(Asking me and my husband- each of us)

- HOW COME IT'S TAKES LONG FOR YOU GUYS TO FILE AOS? (my husband reasoned out right away, and the officer nodded,

seems like he understood why we delayed to file)

- WHO IS THE FATHER OF YOUR SON? DO U KNOW HIS NAME?

- WHEN WAS YOUR LAST ENTRY TO THE STATES?

- HOW MANY TIMES DID U TRAVELED TO THE STATES (of course i said only once! to marry!LOL)

Finally,start checking on the computer, and he opened hsi drawer and get a stamped-pad...i saw him right away that he stamped my files with a big word "APPROVED" :dance::dance::dance: ..........then, he did the same thing to my son. And he print something on the printer and handed me the paper and said, you are approved, and i need you to give me back your EAD & your AP. And then he grab my passport, and stamp I-55I. He said and explained that you can travel now freely, while waiting for your greencard......and after he said that, i asked him right away that since we were married more than 2yrs, should we still going through the 'conditional greeencard?'...he said right then NO YOU WILL RECEIVED 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

God is soooo good to us. he showered me so much blessing lately. I have a job now, i got my drivers license now. I am so happy, very happy!!!

I guess my advise to all couples, as long the marriage is in good faith, nothing to worry about. The officer who interviewd us is very nice, he is making jokes ot my son, and infact he chatting to my husband about business, as if they know each other. This is awesome day for us!.... :dance::dance::dance:

im happy to read this post im also married over 2 years and just send our aos ,now i got kid,im so worried about my papers bcoz its almost 3 years b4 i sent my aos actually i just sent my aos last friday,hopeffully it will b like urs and approve my green card.since u sent ur aos how long it take b4 they called u for interview?

im happy to read this post im also married over 2 years and just send our aos ,now i got kid,im so worried about my papers bcoz its almost 3 years b4 i sent my aos actually i just sent my aos last friday,hopeffully it will b like urs and approve my green card.since u sent ur aos how long it take b4 they called u for interview?

Hello Lovelylovely!..sorry if i just reply to your post just now...im busy this past few days, and i have no time to open the computer. Anyway, in our case it took us almost 4mos. till we called for an interview. If you were given an interview for AOS, just bring your cohabitation documents. Thats what i did, but unfortunately the IO didn't even take a look any single thing on my preparation. I brought the following cohabitation:

- Car insurance (me & my husband on the policy)

- water bills (joint acct.)

- Cable bills (joint account)

- Savings/Checking account (joint acct. in two different banks)

- Driver's license (once u received your EAD, apply right away for state ID or' Driver's license becoz your address shown it there)

- Affidavit from family & friends

- Mails received (addressed both to us, some for me only address on the same house)

- Junks mails (addressed to me)

- Chat logs (I brought this also ,correspondence during the time i was still in my country, to prove that we have strong

communication)

I think i am overly prepared, but my opinion is...it's better to be like that rather than being NOT prepared,right?....and if u were approved incase u have an interview, remind the IO that u are married more than 2years. Thats what i did, i reminded my IO that we were married more than 2years already. Hope i help you. You can do it, and you wil be fine. Start digging documents now, so can prepared incase u have interview. Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.