enfm

BRING UNMARRIED SON 38 YRS OLD TO THE U.S

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time to back to this forum its really help for me and really appreciate all of things like advice and emotional support.

i have questions about to my mother anyone else can give advice and i really glad to accept it. my mother was LPR here and i m u.s citizen my mother LPR want to file petition to my unmarried brother which is 38 yrs old she wonder how long it takes my brother leave in philippines. and what form she can filed to my brother. there's anything that i can help to my mom that she filed. because my mother right she dont have work. how she can do all of things w/o any complication. pls anybody here tnx

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time to back to this forum its really help for me and really appreciate all of things like advice and emotional support.

i have questions about to my mother anyone else can give advice and i really glad to accept it. my mother was LPR here and i m u.s citizen my mother LPR want to file petition to my unmarried brother which is 38 yrs old she wonder how long it takes my brother leave in philippines. and what form she can filed to my brother. there's anything that i can help to my mom that she filed. because my mother right she dont have work. how she can do all of things w/o any complication. pls anybody here tnx

Form I-130, wait time is around 9 years for F2B case - unmarried son or daughter of LPR.

I hope your mom IS an LPR.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

my mom LPR,

Good - she needs to file I-130 (you can find it on www.uscis.gov under FORMS section) - make sure to first read INSTRUCTIONS as you will have to provide evidence with the I-130 - proof of relationships mother - son - birth certificate with mom's name on it is necessary.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline

Good - she needs to file I-130 (you can find it on www.uscis.gov under FORMS section) - make sure to first read INSTRUCTIONS as you will have to provide evidence with the I-130 - proof of relationships mother - son - birth certificate with mom's name on it is necessary.

should my mom provide ffidavit support but the thing she dont have work.

can my mom petition her married daugther 39 yrs old and has 3 kids below 21 yrs old.

Mom can't sponsor a married child until she is a US citizen. That is F3 category of family based immigration petitions. Also, once she becomes a USC mom needs to realize (and sister too) that it's a minimum 15 year wait to get the visa number.

For brother, affidavit of support will be requested once the petition is approved and sent to NVC - probable 8 years from now.

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

No she cant cause there is no visa category for an LPR to petition married kids. But since u are a US citizen,u can petition ur married brother or sister but it will take 18-20 years waiting

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your mother can file

You can also file

The children may well have aged out by the time a visa is available.

Sounds like she at least will need a co sponsor, but that will be an issue for much later.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

mom can't apply for married kids cause she is only a greencard holder. But once she became a US citizen,that's when she can apply for married kids but waiting time is probably around 15 years

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.