honeyB

No income/no job - affidavit of support received

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.. just got my affidavit of support in the mail. As of the moment I don't have any income (zero).. I have never worked ever since. I was a full time student and graduated last year. I just passed the boards (Nursing) this month and as of now, still searching for an employer to hire me. My parents are the ones supporting me financially at present. Does NVC approve cases of petitioner (in my case, it's me) having no income (no previous tax returns)to show, but has a co-sponsor to file the AOS together with me? My parents are my co-sponsors since we live in the same household. Anyone here denied a visa for such reason? pls help.. thanks

Hi.. just got my affidavit of support in the mail. As of the moment I don't have any income (zero).. I have never worked ever since. I was a full time student and graduated last year. I just passed the boards (Nursing) this month and as of now, still searching for an employer to hire me. My parents are the ones supporting me financially at present. Does NVC approve cases of petitioner (in my case, it's me) having no income (no previous tax returns)to show, but has a co-sponsor to file the AOS together with me? My parents are my co-sponsors since we live in the same household. Anyone here denied a visa for such reason? pls help.. thanks

nothing will happen if u use a joint sponsor but u need to fill the form with zero income and also ur co-sponsor need to have 125% poverty guideline i mean the required income to support the intending immigrant.

No, it will not be denied on the basis of your zero income.

You can use your parents income or anyother relative's income who are atleast LPR to support your application.

checkout form I-864 and I-864A

- I-864 /A cannot be submitted electronically, it must be submitted as hard copy along with the NVC cover sheet and all supporting documentation.

F2A for husband (i.e. Me)

24 Jul 2009: PD (I-130 NOA1 Rcvd)

?? Sep 2010: NOA2 Rcvd

24 Nov 2010: NVC CASE COMPLETE

03 Apr 2012: Interview @Sydney @10AM

12 Apr 2012: Finally!!! Yes got the VISA

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@arashh and homer4all: THANKS for the response =) I'm just so anxious my spouse's visa would be denied. So I guess I just have to fill-up the AOS form even with zero income..so it means most of the questions on the form will be left out blank? then I'll have to ask my parents to fill out the AOS form too as co-sponsors.. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Actually there is a small chance they will deny it by not allowing a co sponsor. It has happened a few times before. They must be convinced that your lack of income is a temporary issue not a lifestyle.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.