Bad_Daddy

Is Europe tiring of its immigrants?

121 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Considering they have similar immigration systems and approaches, as well as similar problems with particular migrants, it's all related actually.

Europe is not tiring of migrants but the type of migrants coming.

I disagree because of one major thing - MIGRATION PATTERNS.

Come on - lets stick to Europe, ya?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Awesome. Gotta love this diversity... and a host culture can certainly stand to learn more in opening its mind a little more to the incoming resident cultures that are enriching these societies.

Riight riight, because if there is a place rife of diversity, it's Latin America.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This reminds me of the time I ate at a Korean BBQ place in Buenos Aires, the Paris of Latin America. I do remember how certain Gauchos also have a hard time accepting multiculturalism, as one would expect some hard-headed, entrenched bigots to be.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Brazil is one of the most diverse countries on the planet.

Brazil is also hardly like their northern neighbors. Heck, they don't even speak the same language.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

This reminds me of the time I ate at a Korean BBQ place in Buenos Aires, the Paris of Latin America. I do remember how certain Gauchos also have a hard time accepting multiculturalism, as one would expect some hard-headed, entrenched bigots to be.

Riight riight, you ate Korean so this naturally means it's the norm. :lol:

PS Argentina is nothing like their northern neighbors, my Argentinian and Chilean friends are the first to point this out to me.

You would be surprised. There is a sizable German & Lebanese population in central America.

See this is what I love about you guys. I show a pattern of something, like one specific group dominating x and you guys claim since not all do it, it means nothing. Yet when it comes to your views, even a handful of opinions is good enough to apaprently illustrate a norm.

Nevertheless, just strange to me that people in those countries are migrating to western countries

First Brazil is nothing like the rest, now Argentina and Chile are also nothing like the rest.

I have a feeling if we follow BY's logic through on this, this is all going to boil down to Mexico... as usual.

You are right, the opinions of various people from those countries mean diddly-squat. Your opinions on the other hand, as good as gold. After all, they have Korean BBQ. :lol:

Mexico's immigration numbers have already been discussed and used to pwn a fellow member.

Edited by Heracles

Filed: Timeline

Nevertheless, just strange to me that people in those countries are migrating to western countries

Hey, not all Latin Americans can afford to live well in the Paris of South America. America still offers a lot of promise to people at the bottom of the economic ladder from that part of the world. Diversity can be nice but it don't pay the bills.

Timeline

Or the time in Bolivia where I got to eat sukiyaki llama meat, prepared at a Japanese farming town founded after WW2. Its also well known that Asian immigration in Peru diversified the cuisine to make it incredibly delicious. Or the German influences in the part of Colombia my wife hails from... some incredible Bavarian recipes, including wheat brews... that would make one think of Oktoberfest in Munich if it were not for the warmer climate. Then there's the East Indian curry influence merged with coconut milk in seafood preparations...

The hunger building up in me will not be satisfied with a Snickers bar.

Timeline

Coconut milk is gross unless it's sipped directly from the coconut.

Coconut water, you mean. :thumbs:

Very good for the kidneys too. Coconut milk is only for cooking, IMO.

Hey, not all Latin Americans can afford to live well in the Paris of South America. America still offers a lot of promise to people at the bottom of the economic ladder from that part of the world. Diversity can be nice but it don't pay the bills.

I am not referring to where they migrate but if these countries have such a large diversity, then why are so many of them emigrating. Countries of diversity are the UK, Canada, Australia and to a lesser extent the US; considering the majority of migrants now come from the northern neck of Latin America. One region dominating immigration hardly equates to diversity or equality. I think I also worked out a while back that less than 8% of migrants to the US are now from first world countries.

Unlike America, Australians do pick and choose their migrants, hence the following:

450px-Australian_PR_COB_2006.PNG