floridadave

How do I end the K-1 process

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Just wanted to post, I am happily married to a Chinese woman, all that stuff you say about "being in charge: is not applicable at ALL.

My wife says it best I think, it means support her in what SHE wants to do.

obviously, in your case, she is wearing the pants. LOL

you weren't listening, my friend. she wants you to rule the world so that she can be the empress in your kingdom and give other women the "look of death".

remember, never lose face in front of your wife, and never cause her to lose face by lowering your social or economic position. if you do, even for a moment, she is gone.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What justashooter is saying also does not apply, at all, to my wife.

I don't know anything about him or his wife, but I think making vast generalizations about what "Chinese women" think, want, or how they act... is inherently flawed.

My wife is very independent, and loves my self-deprecating sense of humor. The other Chinese women that I have come to know through my wife are also nothing like what he describes above.

Perhaps it is true of an older generation or something, but mostly, I doubt it.

Timeline

I am a Chinese woman, I lived my whole life in China, I want say something about Chinese woman as a response to justashooter.

From shooter’s post I find it’s obvious you and your Chinese woman are fighting very hard for POWER, you are not happy about this. It’s good to realize there is something wrong, and more importantly is to think about why and how to make it better.

By making simple conclusion like: "chinese women like their man to be "in charge", these comments valid for most chinese women." Firstly it doesn’t help your relationship, because you are not facing the real problem you both have, secondly, it’s not fair and sounds offensive to make statement like that in a public forum.

Chinese woman does wish their man/husband having a good job, they want to look good in front of their friends and family, but the way you look at it is too extreme, be fair and honest, I never seen a woman prefer a looser. And if a man could choose, he wouldn’t marry a woman who is lazy, doesn’t have a job and doesn’t have ability to survive. It’s not problem with Chinese woman, it’s common with human beings. Back to Chinese woman, chinese woman are serious and loyalty to relationship and willing to support her partner the best way they could, a Chinese will always help their families when they need, it comes from the family oriented culture, after married, you are family too.

An old Chinese saying says gentleman wouldn’t argue with people in different opinions, argument will only lead to another argument; it never bring you the solution. I hope you wouldn’t see my response as a bullet but as an advice of looking at things in a different way. I hope you could figure out your relationship from deep inside, complaining all Chinese women here will certainly not help you but pushing you away from the real problems, wish eventually you could find a solution and be happy as most people who are visiting VJ do.

Regards from China.

2008/05/13 First meet in Shanghai

2008/07 Met in Beijing

2008/10/18 Met in Shanghai again, started dating

2008/12 Spending 3 days in Beijing

2009/04 Spending couple of weeks in shanghai and Hangzhou, first time travel together

2009/06 Chris visited Shanghai, met Jane's family

2009/07 Jane visited Chris and his family in the US for 2 weeks

2009/10 Met in Beijing and Shanghai

2009/12 Chris visited Shanghai, met Jane's family

2009/12 Jane visited US for 2 weeks, spending Christmas with family

2010/04 Chris visited Shanghai, trip to Suzhou

2010/06 Jane stayed in the US for 3 months

2010/09/18 Engaged

2010/10/22 Filed K1 (VSC)

2010/10/28 NOA1 received

2010/12 Jane visited US again for Christmas

2011/01 Chris and Jane traveled in China for 2 weeks, crazy CNY holiday

2011/04/22 NOA2 received by email

2011/04/28 NOA2 hard copy recieved by mail

2011/04/29 Emailed NVC, confirming they have recieved our case

2011/05/02 Called NVC, get our NVC case number GUZ2011619######, case number was assigned on April 29

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am a Chinese woman, I lived my whole life in China, I want say something about Chinese woman as a response to justashooter.

From shooter’s post I find it’s obvious you and your Chinese woman are fighting very hard for POWER, you are not happy about this. It’s good to realize there is something wrong, and more importantly is to think about why and how to make it better.

By making simple conclusion like: "chinese women like their man to be "in charge", these comments valid for most chinese women." Firstly it doesn’t help your relationship, because you are not facing the real problem you both have, secondly, it’s not fair and sounds offensive to make statement like that in a public forum.

Chinese woman does wish their man/husband having a good job, they want to look good in front of their friends and family, but the way you look at it is too extreme, be fair and honest, I never seen a woman prefer a looser. And if a man could choose, he wouldn’t marry a woman who is lazy, doesn’t have a job and doesn’t have ability to survive. It’s not problem with Chinese woman, it’s common with human beings. Back to Chinese woman, chinese woman are serious and loyalty to relationship and willing to support her partner the best way they could, a Chinese will always help their families when they need, it comes from the family oriented culture, after married, you are family too.

An old Chinese saying says gentleman wouldn’t argue with people in different opinions, argument will only lead to another argument; it never bring you the solution. I hope you wouldn’t see my response as a bullet but as an advice of looking at things in a different way. I hope you could figure out your relationship from deep inside, complaining all Chinese women here will certainly not help you but pushing you away from the real problems, wish eventually you could find a solution and be happy as most people who are visiting VJ do.

Regards from China.

I'd say this comment is more representative than that of a non-Chinese male.

Timeline

I showed his manifesto about how "most" Chinese women act to my wife, who thought it was offensive, but also so off-base that she thought it was funny. She then forwarded it to a couple (Chinese) friends of hers, who also had a good laugh.

But this is an internet discussion forum, so everybody is a certified expert, and fully qualified to generalize and make blanket statements about several hundred million people. Internet experts about Chinese women can dismiss opinions of actual Chinese women with a couple of sentence fragments!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I showed his manifesto about how "most" Chinese women act to my wife, who thought it was offensive,

another round eye tipping his hand. i gotta invite this guy to poker night.

if you live there for awhile and become "half chinese", you'll understand. if not, you'll just be manipulated.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

3 posts removed that either stereotyped an ethnicity or quoted those posts.

additionally, as this thread has turned into more of a baitfest than advice to the op (who hasn't posted in a while) i'm closing this thread so the tos violations end.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.