Alan<3Britt

your opinions.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hey all. my fiance an me are starting the proccess in the new year and we have quite a few questions.

the main one is we are having a baby in the first week of november. will this work against or for us? and is it possible to use the babys birth cirtificate as part of our evidence of a bonafide relationship?

also we are very young. me being 19 and she being 18. im sure this probably will work against us but is there any way we can help this?

we have lots of info about us, ive been to visit her 4 times now for a total of 3 months and more than likely 5 or 6 times by the time we have applied so theres gona be plenty of plane tickets. we have pictures and internet conversations and months of phone records, not even mentioning the piles of letters lol. how much do wee need to send and is there anything in particular they want to see?.

she would not be eligibly to sponcor me so her parents are co sponcoring me. is this an issue? also what information is required without going overboard, her parents arent too keen on sharing private information but are willing to help.

and last but not least. does anyone have a rough cost from start to finish of the whole visa? seen as ill be the only one working as she will be looking after the baby so id like to know how much we need before we start. if it makes any difference im from Ireland and she is from ohio. sorry if the questions are a bit obvious but were afraid we might not be takin seriously because of our age or the fact were having a baby.

thanks in advance for any help its much apreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi! I'm from Ireland too and applying for K-1 visa. It says you need two to five of everything on the list. We have loads of photos and a few plane ticket stubs (we live together in Ireland although he is a US citizen so we don't have much in the way of emails and flights and stuff)

We have receipts of holidays we went on etc. We have our engagement ring receipt. Loads of photos will help, and if you have a real relationship you shouldnt worry too much. If you're going to be having a baby you need to file for a K-2 visa i think. it's different. The fee is 455 dollars for K-1 but not sure about K-2. It's not too bad. Her parents signing the affisdavit of support for you is totally fine as long as they tick the box saying they will FULLY support you as i presume you don't have a job yet?

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

Hi! I'm from Ireland too and applying for K-1 visa. It says you need two to five of everything on the list. We have loads of photos and a few plane ticket stubs (we live together in Ireland although he is a US citizen so we don't have much in the way of emails and flights and stuff)

We have receipts of holidays we went on etc. We have our engagement ring receipt. Loads of photos will help, and if you have a real relationship you shouldnt worry too much. If you're going to be having a baby you need to file for a K-2 visa i think. it's different. The fee is 455 dollars for K-1 but not sure about K-2. It's not too bad. Her parents signing the affisdavit of support for you is totally fine as long as they tick the box saying they will FULLY support you as i presume you don't have a job yet?

its nice to know im not the only one here!

ill do some research on the k-2 but i read somewhere before that thats for already married couples? and you need proof of living together and shared bank accounts ect. i have a job waiting for me over there aperantly so maybe that could help. i lost the engagement ring reciept, i was hpoing it woldnt be needed haha.

hey all. my fiance an me are starting the proccess in the new year and we have quite a few questions.

the main one is we are having a baby in the first week of november. will this work against or for us? and is it possible to use the babys birth cirtificate as part of our evidence of a bonafide relationship?

It couldn't hurt, but ours is and easy consulate so they probably won't even ask for it.

also we are very young. me being 19 and she being 18. im sure this probably will work against us but is there any way we can help this?

You're both legally of age to marry and you're close in age so this shouldn't be an issue.

we have lots of info about us, ive been to visit her 4 times now for a total of 3 months and more than likely 5 or 6 times by the time we have applied so theres gona be plenty of plane tickets. we have pictures and internet conversations and months of phone records, not even mentioning the piles of letters lol. how much do wee need to send and is there anything in particular they want to see?.

For the initial petition you just need proof that you've seen each other within the last two years so e-mails and phone records aren't necessary.

she would not be eligibly to sponcor me so her parents are co sponcoring me. is this an issue? also what information is required without going overboard, her parents arent too keen on sharing private information but are willing to help.

No this shouldn't be an issue, it's what most people here are doing. They will have to things like tax returns and such so private info is going to be seen.

and last but not least. does anyone have a rough cost from start to finish of the whole visa? seen as ill be the only one working as she will be looking after the baby so id like to know how much we need before we start. if it makes any difference im from Ireland and she is from ohio. sorry if the questions are a bit obvious but were afraid we might not be takin seriously because of our age or the fact were having a baby.

From Petition to A0S it's roughly going to be $2000 (app fee, medical fee, embassy fee, aos fee, mailing fees, printing fees, etc.

thanks in advance for any help its much apreciated.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

does that 2000 include applying for work authoriseatin and A.O.S

Yes. There's no fee for the work authorization when it's filed at the same time as the AOS. The total filing fee for the AOS is $1010. For most people, it's the single most expensive part of the process.

You will have to declare the child whether you believe it's good evidence or not, since the child will undoubtedly be born before you apply for the visa at the consulate. At most consulates, it's considered good evidence but not really given any more weight than any other evidence. If the consulate were in a high fraud country (Ireland is not) the consulate would likely not care one way or the other if you had a child.

By the way, the child would not need a K2 or any other kind of visa, under any circumstances. If the child is born in the US then it's a US citizen - full stop. If the child is born abroad then it has a claim to US citizenship by virtue of having a US citizen parent. Anyone with a claim to US citizenship cannot obtain a visa. They need to obtain a US passport instead. The parents of the child would file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) to get a US passport for the child.

Also, a K2 is not for married couples. A K2 is a visa for a derivative child of a K1 parent. Any child of the K1 parent who is under 21 years old, unmarried, and does not have a claim to US citizenship is eligible to apply for a K2 when the K1 parent applies, or up to a year afterward.

Your age will have no bearing. You may have a tough time finding work in the US. Entry level and unskilled work is at the bottom of the job pyramid, which is currently saturated with available workers.

Only one of her parents can co-sponsor for a K1. After you're married they can combine their income to co-sponsor for the AOS, but only one can co-sponsor for the visa. She should pick the one with the highest income. They'll have to provide at least their most recent income tax return and proof that they are a US citizen or permanent resident domiciled in the US. They'll also need to submit an affidavit of support. Usually, the I-134 is used for K visas.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

ooops i made a mistake about the k-2, sorry alan&britt. everything should be very easy and straightforward as lon as you get everything in order and have proof of relationship and an affidavit of support! you obviously have a genuine relationship so dont worry!! i thought the baby was being born in ireland you see. even better that it's in US. what part of ireland are you in?

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

thanks! i live in meath.

just one last question, do we need to date the photographs or do they need originals. we werent exactly thinking of visas when taking them and most are printed on paper or online.

You can write the dates on the backs if you know them but pictures are only secondary evidence so it's more important that you have solid primary evidence.

agh i forgot to ask am i allowed to visit her after she receives her N.O.A. 1? or do i have to wait until were approved?

If you look through the forum you'll see a big thread on this topic. You are allowed to visit but whether or not you're let in at point of entry is entirely up to the officer that day. You'll need to bring evidence to show that you have strong ties to Ireland (things that will prove you will return) like a letter from your employer, an ongoing lease, etc.

Edited by Gingerpants

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

seen as ill be the only one working as she will be looking after the baby so id like to know how much we need before we start.

You have to be prepared for the fact that you will not have work authorization for several months after entry. Even if you get married the day you arrive, and submit the AOS/EAD paperwork the next day it will be a few months. And with the economy the way it is, who knows how long after you receive work authorization before you actually find a job.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

You have to be prepared for the fact that you will not have work authorization for several months after entry. Even if you get married the day you arrive, and submit the AOS/EAD paperwork the next day it will be a few months. And with the economy the way it is, who knows how long after you receive work authorization before you actually find a job.

theres plenty of work in the area im interested in. but getting the employment authoriseation could be tricky. what do they class as primary evidence?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

theres plenty of work in the area im interested in. but getting the employment authoriseation could be tricky. what do they class as primary evidence?

To my understanding primary evidence are things such as passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts of purchases you have made for example of an engagement ring.

I will be including copies of my past visas to the U.S & stamps, itineraries and photos.

hope this helps :)

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

To my understanding primary evidence are things such as passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts of purchases you have made for example of an engagement ring.

I will be including copies of my past visas to the U.S & stamps, itineraries and photos.

hope this helps :)

i have the passport stamps flight tickets (not boarding passes tho) but i didnt keep the ring receipt. i would of thought pictures would be primary evidence seeing as they are the only thing proving you actually met. how long does it usually take work authoriseation to come through?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.