Another fatwa on a cartoonist

72 posts in this topic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another attempt by the so called "religion of peace" to quell freedom of speech.

I do not agree

The question did not suggest that nor did the answers given by the VJ peple asked.

The people trying to quell the question are not muslim but believe the are Muslim supporters with unbiased views.

So really anything they say regarding the question is moot.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't be silly. It's a dumb question. Dumb. Stupid. Idiotic. Got it?

How would any reasonable person feel about someone being terrorized? Opinions to that effect can be sought out without the need to single out Muslim vjers. What is the purpose of targeting Muslims? It is meaningless.

Are Muslim vjers supposed to feel that they need to justify themselves to the satisfaction of biased individuals?

What is the point of this line of questioning?

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Timeline

Don't be silly. It's a dumb question. Dumb. Stupid. Idiotic. Got it?

How would any reasonable person feel about someone being terrorized? Opinions to that effect can be sought out without the need to single out Muslim vjers. What is the purpose of targeting Muslims? It is meaningless.

Are Muslim vjers supposed to feel that they need to justify themselves to the satisfaction of biased individuals?

What is the point of this line of questioning?

Actually it is not a dumb question which shows your idiocy and blindness to actual issues affecting the world especially Muslims.

A Rdaical Muslim did something stupid and someone asked a reasonable questionabout how the Muslim VJ memebers felt about it.

The VJ memebers are not required to nor were they demanded to answer the question.

How would any reasonable person fell about being terroized? The question did not ask that so your reading comprehension needs to be addressed.

Again it is an open forum and the VJ memebers who are muslim and open about it nor the ones not open about it have no obligation to answer.

The question was regardig a memeber of their faith issuing a death threat/command regarding another person so soecifically it would matter what someone of that faith thought of such actions. It is also just as important their feeling on what the cartoonist did which IMO was insensiive and hurtful even though it was a political statment.

If you truly do not understand the point of the question then then hope is dwindling.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I know you mean well, but You need to think about this differently, not Cleo and Six. It would be considered offensive if Black people threatened death on someone, then Black people on this board were bombarded with threads about Black people doing evil, and demands (yes, they are demands) for the Black members of VJ to explain/justify/apologize for the acts of others.

It wouldn't be long before a stop was put to that. For some reason, despite what should be against the TOS, it's not considered to be inappropriate for members to repeatedly demean Muslims and act as if we are all linked and responsible for each other. I don't believe that the VJ mods are acting in the best interest of the board to allow the piling on, but, it is happening and has been happening for days without much being done to control it.

This thread is not the first to single out Muslims to respond. To call Muslims "biased" or "defensive" because they are tired of being demeaned and singled out for derision and apologetics is what's blind. What's being said is that it's ok to do this to Muslim VJers because there is so much evidence against you, so you must prove to us that you are not like them. It's certainly is idiotic to tell someone how they should feel and respond to being thrown in with terrorists and low lives throughout the world, then asked" to explain, as if they are not first assumed to be a normal person with empathy or compassion because they are Muslim.

I've watched you go from thread to thread telling everyone what to think, how to post, as if traffic control is your responsibility. You know it's not. But, it's pretty weird to see you tell others what they should or shouldn't post while ignoring the fact that you post as you wish, even when wrong. Please rethink your attempt to impose your view of the situation on others and let people post an opinion, as they please. Until the mods do their job, everyone can, for better or worse.

Actually it is not a dumb question which shows your idiocy and blindness to actual issues affecting the world especially Muslims.

A Rdaical Muslim did something stupid and someone asked a reasonable questionabout how the Muslim VJ memebers felt about it.

The VJ memebers are not required to nor were they demanded to answer the question.

How would any reasonable person fell about being terroized? The question did not ask that so your reading comprehension needs to be addressed.

Again it is an open forum and the VJ memebers who are muslim and open about it nor the ones not open about it have no obligation to answer.

The question was regardig a memeber of their faith issuing a death threat/command regarding another person so soecifically it would matter what someone of that faith thought of such actions. It is also just as important their feeling on what the cartoonist did which IMO was insensiive and hurtful even though it was a political statment.

If you truly do not understand the point of the question then then hope is dwindling.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Possibly, it depends what you are actually saying. The way you worded it, that she is 'due' all that has happened to her I have taken to mean that she deserves to be persecuted for making a political statement, if that is so, then yes I profoundly disagree. If on the other hand you are saying she could have anticipated the possibility, that is different. Anticipating a bad reaction is not necessarily stupidity either. I do not consider for example Salman Rushdie stupid for writing and publishing The Satanic Verses, and I am sure he must have had an idea that that might have been the outcome. The fact is that the intent of these actions is not to degrade or demean the religion, but to highlight human frailty - something we all have in common. I happen to agree with TwoOwls on this one though that she was inept with her choice of action.

Yikes - more slippery slopes with wordplay.

I never view 'fatwa issued' as any 'political outcome' from a 'political statement', ever.

Why to use the word 'political', here ?

She wasn't being political, there was NO 'political' theme to her actions, at all.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yikes - more slippery slopes with wordplay.

I never view 'fatwa issued' as any 'political outcome' from a 'political statement', ever.

Why to use the word 'political', here ?

She wasn't being political, there was NO 'political' theme to her actions, at all.

Not word play, it was a political act. However, if you view it differently, explain how it is not political?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't see her as having any foothold on ANY political process - so for her, she's not political about 'it'.

I don't see a 'fatwa issued' to be anything political, at all.

But hey - I'm trainable !!!

Can you please elucidate, where, in the political area, political process, she fits?

See, I'm a thinking - if she FIT there, then she 'could be' making a political statement.

But that's not the case, at all - and her 'stuff' wasn't political - it was meant to be humour and satire.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Why should Muslim vjers feel any differently about it than anyone else? It's as though you think they are aliens or something...

I don't see her as having any foothold on ANY political process - so for her, she's not political about 'it'.

I don't see a 'fatwa issued' to be anything political, at all.

But hey - I'm trainable !!!

Can you please elucidate, where, in the political area, political process, she fits?

See, I'm a thinking - if she FIT there, then she 'could be' making a political statement.

But that's not the case, at all - and her 'stuff' wasn't political - it was meant to be humour and satire.

Anyone can make a political statement or comment, it is only necessary that that comment has a political context, which this did. However, rather than getting bogged down on if/whether her statement was political, let's run with your opinion that this was merely satire. Are you suggesting that she deserves to be persecuted for using wit to highlight human folly? Are you suggesting that in America humour should not ever be used in this way, should satire be banned or only banned when used to highlight follies in the area of religious belief?

Also, even if her actions had been designed to demean and degrade muslims (which I will stress they were not), do you think that Americans should sympathize with the very notion of allowing executions to be demanded without due process? Or, that the use of satire in the area of religious belief should indeed be a capital crime?

Or, are you saying that you believe that because one can expect the eventuality of fatwa from the extremists who by their very nature embody the folly that such wit exposes as it pertains to the muslim belief system one should always refrain from doing so and that those people who do are not to be supported, but are mere nitwits who deserve their fate? It seems to me that whether we call them nitwits or not we should support their right to be able to use satire and humour in this way, because if we do not support those rights we are supporting the extremists.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I believe my Questions wording has gotten far more play than deserved. It is absolutely ludicrous to read the slanderous opinions of what I intended and how I feel.

Still do carry on if it somehow deflects from the issue in point, death fatwas over even the suggestion of cartoons by Radical Muslims. All three of you know, well perhaps not Mad, I was attempting to get a narrow response from a specific group with an obviously interesting point of view on the matter. No more, no less.

Sof proves the point of being easily offended. MC blathers on about the wording before burying an answer at the end of a long post starting out once again with the wording. Mad stays in clueless character never quite getting over the wording faux issue and name calling. Wonderful.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

I know you mean well, but You need to think about this differently, not Cleo and Six. It would be considered offensive if Black people threatened death on someone, then Black people on this board were bombarded with threads about Black people doing evil, and demands (yes, they are demands) for the Black members of VJ to explain/justify/apologize for the acts of others.

It wouldn't be long before a stop was put to that. For some reason, despite what should be against the TOS, it's not considered to be inappropriate for members to repeatedly demean Muslims and act as if we are all linked and responsible for each other. I don't believe that the VJ mods are acting in the best interest of the board to allow the piling on, but, it is happening and has been happening for days without much being done to control it.

This thread is not the first to single out Muslims to respond. To call Muslims "biased" or "defensive" because they are tired of being demeaned and singled out for derision and apologetics is what's blind. What's being said is that it's ok to do this to Muslim VJers because there is so much evidence against you, so you must prove to us that you are not like them. It's certainly is idiotic to tell someone how they should feel and respond to being thrown in with terrorists and low lives throughout the world, then asked" to explain, as if they are not first assumed to be a normal person with empathy or compassion because they are Muslim.

I've watched you go from thread to thread telling everyone what to think, how to post, as if traffic control is your responsibility. You know it's not. But, it's pretty weird to see you tell others what they should or shouldn't post while ignoring the fact that you post as you wish, even when wrong. Please rethink your attempt to impose your view of the situation on others and let people post an opinion, as they please. Until the mods do their job, everyone can, for better or worse.

Actually I do not impose my view on anyone I state facts based on what is posted and backed on it. Where you are correct is that I speak even handedly your opinion of me being wrong is nothing more than my opinion of being right until you show facts or I show facts.

But I do speak equally to everyone

Not saying I do not have my own biased views of other issues.

I point out that views of the muslim supporters are tinged such that even when a bigoted comment is made by another person who happens to be muslim or a supprter they make no claim to the bigoted comment and even defend it.

You say it is bigoted of me and others to question whether or not a morderate muslim supports act of terrorism; where is the bigotry?

How can one know if a person of the islamic faith supports an act of terrorism in the name of Islam if that person does not speak out. If a person of any faith chooses to remain silent then if a bad perception is formed regarding that religeon then they are partly to blame for their own actions or inaction as the case may be.

Your view points are as biased aa mine are in my religeon no one wants to talk about the bad stuff that happens.

Defensive it is human nature to be so and it shows in most postings.

You try to post all positive points of Islam and they are great posts.

But you and others readily dismiss the horrible actions of muslims or acts in the name of Islam by blaming others at fault, you did it too and say they do not represent Islam. With out facts that is Biased and the you did t too is no excuse.

Timeline

It was a redundant question that insinuates that Muslim vjers would try to defend or justify the actions of extremists.

No it wouldn't.

That is your opinion which in mine is flawed and very far reaching.

Timeline

No it wouldn't.

That is your opinion which in mine is flawed and very far reaching.

There is no purpose to such a question. Would you ask white people to explain the actions of white supremacists? It's ridiculous.