Sofiyya

Who Defines Islam?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I call BS on that! The problem is that their are way to many people like you that go on the defensive right of the bat and become more concerned about defending Islams good name than condemning these idiots.

I would be the richest man alive if I got a dime for every time this was said in the media "its not all Muslims,only a extreme element" or something to that effect.

You are so arrogant to make demands on me. I'm not your surrogate to do what's "right" while you sit back and judge. Who are you to tell me what I MUST do or not do? My superior? No. You say I go defensive, but in saying so, you go stupid enough to think that I owe you a response you like. The REAL problem is that people like you need to get off their fat azzes and do something to make the world a better place instead of dictating to others what you want them to do while you point fingers. Be the change in the world you want to see, not a mere criticizer.

#######. There are many voices of muslims, the problem is the media likes sensation, on our salacious behalf of course, the moderate majority don't sell copy. I'm also not at all sure how an American muslim is more responsible than any other American for eliminating fanatics. Anyone care to let me know?

When you fly hijacked planes loaded with innocent passengers into the Twin Towers while afterwards thousands of #####'s celebrate in the streets, when you go nuts over a cartoon, when you threaten the life of an author, when you murder movie directors, when you behead people of another faith just for being of another faith....all in the name of a certain religion...yes it tends to make the press so to say.

Hijacking, bombing, kidnapping, beheading (on video no less)....yes I would have to say that those kinds of actions do draw attention. And it's becoming a rather common happening these days.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you fly hijacked planes loaded with innocent passengers into the Twin Towers while afterwards thousands of #####'s celebrate in the streets, when you go nuts over a cartoon, when you threaten the life of an author, when you murder movie directors, when you behead people of another faith just for being of another faith....all in the name of a certain religion...yes it tends to make the press so to say.

Hijacking, bombing, kidnapping, beheading (on video no less)....yes I would have to say that those kinds of actions do draw attention. And it's becoming a rather common happening these days.

yeah, it is the media's fought like if the media didn't exist muslims wouldn't be killing innocent babies, children, women, mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers, cousins, grandparents.

you know if a tree falls in the forest with no one around, it doesn't make any noise.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

You are so arrogant to make demands on me. I'm not your surrogate to do what's "right" while you sit back and judge. Who are you to tell me what I MUST do or not do? My superior? No. You say I go defensive, but in saying so, you go stupid enough to think that I owe you a response you like. The REAL problem is that people like you need to get off their fat azzes and do something to make the world a better place instead of dictating to others what you want them to do while you point fingers. Be the change in the world you want to see, not a mere criticizer.

You have been on the Defense in the majority of your postings ignoring or blowing off acts of terror in the name of Islam.

I could not say I wouldnt be as well with all the posts and negative views of Islam or Muslims if you will.

Careful for what you ask for Soff the changers of the world build it to their specifications and those standing by saying nothing or doing nothing have no say when it is done.

No one dictates what you are to do but suggest that if you want the world view of Islam to be changed then it is you and muslims alike that must act. Non Muslims and non believers acting to change Islam will deform it more than radicals.

If you feel Isalm has no problems with its image in the world then say so.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

You have been on the Defense in the majority of your postings ignoring or blowing off acts of terror in the name of Islam.

I could not say I wouldnt be as well with all the posts and negative views of Islam or Muslims if you will.

Careful for what you ask for Soff the changers of the world build it to their specifications and those standing by saying nothing or doing nothing have no say when it is done.

No one dictates what you are to do but suggest that if you want the world view of Islam to be changed then it is you and muslims alike that must act. Non Muslims and non believers acting to change Islam will deform it more than radicals.

If you feel Isalm has no problems with its image in the world then say so.

With all due respect. I don't have to do anything but be brown and die.

There is no reason that I should be put in a position to be called out for defensiveness on this board because there should be nothing I have to answer for that I didn't do myself. For anyone here to insist that Muslims on this board answer to them for the actions of others in a bigoted act. It assumes that we can explain each other, like we are all the same somehow. It is very offensive and I don't accept that view of Muslims, nor do I feel obligated to jump thru hoops at anyone's command.

I don't expect the world view of Islam to change because of anything I say, but if I say something, it should be my choice. No one is correct in demanding that I must respond to them or give them the answer they want to read. I'm not here to pander to anyone, especially people who have such bad manners. You teach people how to treat you, and I'm not teaching anyone to disrespect me.

Timeline

With all due respect. I don't have to do anything but be brown and die.

You forgot taxes.

There is no reason that I should be put in a position to be called out for defensiveness on this board because there should be nothing I have to answer for that I didn't do myself. For anyone here to insist that Muslims on this board answer to them for the actions of others in a bigoted act. It assumes that we can explain each other, like we are all the same somehow. It is very offensive and I don't accept that view of Muslims, nor do I feel obligated to jump thru hoops at anyone's command.

I am not calling you out it is what it is. even this post is a defensive post in regards to you thinking we are demanding you do something. It is being suggested that if Muslims wnat a better image of itself then it is up to them to make it happen as some are already doing.

You do not have to answer to VJers or anyone regarding the Islamic faith which is being colored by the actions of Muslims in the name of Islam or those acting out in the name of Islam.

Neither do non muslims which are being biased by these radcals.

So with all do respect if you want the world to be changed by people who will be biased by the actions of radical muslims or those commiting terror in the name of Islam then do not complain as laws turn againt Muslims. That is your right to do nothing.

I don't expect the world view of Islam to change because of anything I say, but if I say something, it should be my choice. No one is correct in demanding that I must respond to them or give them the answer they want to read. I'm not here to pander to anyone, especially people who have such bad manners. You teach people how to treat you, and I'm not teaching anyone to disrespect me.

Did I ask you to Pander to me?

I do believe silence, avoidance, non accpetance is a weakness and whether you express your views in the real world or not it is what it is.

Again your choice to remain silent but as the world changes and it is those speaking out and taking action that will mold the future.

Filed: Timeline

I made no demand. I made a observation.

I do things to make this world a better place and considering my fat azz its not easy.

Filed: Timeline

I made no demand. I made a observation.

I do things to make this world a better place and considering my fat azz its not easy.

stop resurrecting dead islam threads!

Whoops I didnt realize I was on my wifes account. That said this thread needed to be resurrected because Soffiya had a strong and harsh response that I needed to address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For crying out loud people. Can I ask that everyone participating on these threads take an interpersonal communications course before posting on here? What is disappointing for people who are viewing these conversations is that seemingly well educated people are unable to respecfully disagree with or question others.

Also, you're criticizing Sofiyya for being defensive yet in all of your posts you communicate in ways that make people feel attacked. You can't blame people for trying to defend themselves or their thoughts when when they're being attacked.

For crying out loud people. Can I ask that everyone participating on these threads take an interpersonal communications course before posting on here? What is disappointing for people who are viewing these conversations is that seemingly well educated people are unable to respecfully disagree with or question others.

Sweet you must be addressing Sofiyya's big azz comment! I think not because like Sofiyya you also have your Muslim blinders on.

Also, you're criticizing Sofiyya for being defensive yet in all of your posts you communicate in ways that make people feel attacked. You can't blame people for trying to defend themselves or their thoughts when when they're being attacked.

No I can't because I think Sofiyya is not addressing the real problem here. What you and Sofiyya call attacking I call pointing out the obvious. I think as a country we have made it clear and we understand that it is not all Muslims.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sweet you must be addressing Sofiyya's big azz comment! I think not because like Sofiyya you also have your Muslim blinders on.

No I can't because I think Sofiyya is not addressing the real problem here. What you and Sofiyya call attacking I call pointing out the obvious. I think as a country we have made it clear and we understand that it is not all Muslims.

Here, let me help you learn how to phrase your thoughts into respectful and discussion encouraging statements. Lets make learning fun!

Now, one way you could rephrase this to not sound like an awful person would be to say, "I think we are all at fault for our negative posts however, I feel like people are missing the point of my posts because they are not fully open to hearing what I'm saying

Here's one way you could change this, "I will try to make my point without insulting other people because I realize that insulting people only causes people to miss most of what I'm saying because they are no longer open to discussion. It certainly was not my goal to come across that way and make people attacked. I hope that we can all be more aware of what we're saying and discuss continue to discuss these sensitive topics without offending people."