sailorman

I am moving to Russia

45 posts in this topic

National Geographic (best nature photos in the wolrd!) just had a story on the bears of Kamchatka. Good read.

There should be plenty to shoot over there. There is a an amazing amount of wilderness in the Far East.

Keep us posted!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

good luck. That's awesome.

-mike

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Castawaysailor,

Although my Russian wife is already in America, living in Russia for a few months is something that I would like to do in the future. How well do you speak Russian? Do you think that knowledge of the language will be a problem while you travel to take the photographs?

-Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niue
Timeline
Castawaysailor,

Although my Russian wife is already in America, living in Russia for a few months is something that I would like to do in the future. How well do you speak Russian? Do you think that knowledge of the language will be a problem while you travel to take the photographs?

-Dave

My Russian is limited but I am learning new words and phrases every day. Sure, the language will be a barrier but I photograph animals-so I only need to communicate sufficiently to get to the area with the animals-after that, I usually keep my "trap" shut.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

If you speak to Russian animals in English..... will they still understand?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well my wife yells at our American dog and cat in furious Russian and they understand, so I think the message is all in the delivery. She will say сидеть ("sidet") to the dog in a commanding tone and it sits down, but those words (sit and sidet) do sound alike.

If you speak to Russian animals in English..... will they still understand?

Maybe you're just lucky enough to have bilingual dogs and cats!

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Best of luck to you!

Interesting topic seeing as I just finished talking with my fiance and telling her I was thinking about selling everything and moving permenantly to Uzbekistan!

She talked me out of it and said there is really no future there. She said maybe in 200 years but not now. hehe

I was only there for a week and a half but I hated to leave. I loved the culture and the people. You can read all you want and websearch all you want about Russian culture but NOTHING can compare to living there!

Again, best of lucka nd keep us posted if you can about your experiences.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

I too want to just drop all worldly possesions and go. The future thing is what's stopping me.

I was talking to my mom and telling her I wanted to do that, and she said "What about family and being close to home and all that?" And my reply was "Well, what about HER family? It's not like when she comes here we're going to be able to go see grandma in Russia every couple of months."

I would love to live the simple life over there, but still be able to fly back here once or twice a year. What I'd really like is for my family to go there with me!

Русский форум член.

Timeline
I too want to just drop all worldly possesions and go. The future thing is what's stopping me.

I was talking to my mom and telling her I wanted to do that, and she said "What about family and being close to home and all that?" And my reply was "Well, what about HER family? It's not like when she comes here we're going to be able to go see grandma in Russia every couple of months."

I would love to live the simple life over there, but still be able to fly back here once or twice a year. What I'd really like is for my family to go there with me!

Slim

give it some serious thought; pay off the bills, settle your affairs and go; you will never have a better chance than now. you will always be able to visit USA and your family can visit you in Russia. It will be very difficult for her family to visit in America.

I have 48 days left here in good ole USA; I have a few things to settle but I will be leaving April 14. We will not be rich; we will use public transport, wash our clothes by hand, and live as typical Russians. I will take pictures of some wildlife that has seldom been recorded on film (or digital pixels) and I will sell some magazine articles. if all fails, we can always move to America; but we will not fail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Castaway

What are you going to do about the K-1 you have in progress? Are you going to give up on it? Or can you put it on hold? Or will you just wait and do K-3 later? Any idea?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline
Castaway

What are you going to do about the K-1 you have in progress? Are you going to give up on it? Or can you put it on hold? Or will you just wait and do K-3 later? Any idea?

The K1 will not be approved until approx. August; then we have 6 months to move to the USA. This gives us almost a year to see how we are doing in Russia and make a determination to come to America or stay in Russia.

We will most likely come to America, get the adjustment of status and all necessary paperwork done so Raya can return to America at any time; then return to Russia to do more photography; visit her daughter at the University, etc. Then we would need to do the paperwork so her daughter can come to America once she finishes University, about 4 years.

Slim

give it some serious thought; pay off the bills, settle your affairs and go; you will never have a better chance than now. you will always be able to visit USA and your family can visit you in Russia. It will be very difficult for her family to visit in America.

I have 48 days left here in good ole USA; I have a few things to settle but I will be leaving April 14. We will not be rich; we will use public transport, wash our clothes by hand, and live as typical Russians. I will take pictures of some wildlife that has seldom been recorded on film (or digital pixels) and I will sell some magazine articles. if all fails, we can always move to America; but we will not fail

I thought about doing just that. I really don't have too many bills, so maybe later this year I'll be able to pay everything off, and go. I'm thinking that if the K-1 is approved in March, we'll try life here for a while, but if there are any problems with the visa, I'll go to Russia later this year. We have actually talked about living here for a couple of years, saving up some money, then going back to open up a business. I really do want to live there, so maybe someday I will. We may live in a completely different country too. Maybe somewhere in Africa or something. We like travel so if we can get on with an international organization that would be cool. We'll see March 22nd!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.