sailorman

I am moving to Russia

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niue
Timeline

Well, the decision has been made and the tickets purchased; I am moving to Russia April 14 and staying until October. I will be doing wildlife photography and helping my fiancee with preparations to move to America. I know this is a bit unusual but I want to truely learn about Russia and Russian life so that I may better understand my wife and her children. I have been to Russia five times in the past 7 months to see if this adventure is possible.

Wish me luck or tell me what a fool I am. :no::help::devil::);)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, the decision has been made and the tickets purchased; I am moving to Russia April 14 and staying until October. I will be doing wildlife photography and helping my fiancee with preparations to move to America. I know this is a bit unusual but I want to truely learn about Russia and Russian life so that I may better understand my wife and her children. I have been to Russia five times in the past 7 months to see if this adventure is possible.

Wish me luck or tell me what a fool I am. :no::help::devil::);)

Wow... I guess if I had the extra cash and didn't have this stoopid job, I would consider the same thing. That is quite a move though !!

Good Luck !

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well Castaway, at least you will be there for the spring, summer and fall and not for a harsh winter.

Good luck to you and keep all your friends here in the states informed about your life in Russia.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck to you....... :D

"I know this is a bit unusual but I want to truely learn about Russia and Russian life so that I may better understand my wife and her children "

I think that is so sweet of you to say and do for your wife and her children. :yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
Well Castaway, at least you will be there for the spring, summer and fall and not for a harsh winter.

Good luck to you and keep all your friends here in the states informed about your life in Russia.

I was just over there two weeks ago. It was -35 when I arrived and we had a heat wave go through and it got to a toasty -27.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good luck to you, castawaysailor, and I hope you have a great time. Good stories to tell your grandkids when you're old!

Edited by kc456

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I envy you castaway, can you afford an adopted son? An old one but wish I could do the same for a year or two, Natasha would love it if I could come to Russia and stay for awhile. Too many damn bills. Oh and I would even work for you taking photos, :)

Edited by Nick'n'Nat

Timeline

Thanks Nick; but this move means closing my laboratory business and many adjustments. Nevertheless, it is so very important that I understand her country; her culture; and her environment. I will also be venturing into a new business of wildlife photography. During my stay in Russia; I will be doing photos and selling to magazines and such.

Oh, Nick, about the adoption; nyet! Your cute but not my type.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For a practical matter make sure you still have a tax return for next year in order to avoid the whole co-sponsorship issue. Although you sound set because you will still be in business and working.

Are you doing the business visa to stay over 3 months? The whole deal with the HIV test and whatever other ####### the Russian side requires?

Timeline
For a practical matter make sure you still have a tax return for next year in order to avoid the whole co-sponsorship issue. Although you sound set because you will still be in business and working.

Are you doing the business visa to stay over 3 months? The whole deal with the HIV test and whatever other ####### the Russian side requires?

Yes, I have a one year business visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Fantastic!! What a neat opportunity! I've always wanted to visit Russia. Hey, can I go, too? I'm sure Alan wouldn't mind if I went halfway across the world with another man!

Teresa

Liverpool/Norfolk and Indianapolis

========================================

* September 17, 2005 - I-129F mailed to Nebraska Service Center.

* September 19, 2005 - Packet rec'd by NSC- DAY 1

* September 22, 2005 - Check cashed! - DAY 3

* September 23, 2005 - NOA1 received - DAY 4

* October 19, 2005 - NOA2 e-mail! - DAY 30

* October 21, 2005 - Case sent to NVC - Day 32

* October 24, 2005 - Rec'd NOA2 via postal mail - Day 35

* November 3, 2005 - Rec'd letter stating case would be forwarded to London within a week - Day 45

* December 22, 2005 - Alan receives packet 3 - Day 94

* January 9, 2006 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy in London - Day 111

* January 10, 2006 - Packet 3 received by Embassy. Medical booked for January 20 - Day 112

* February 17, 2006 - Packet 4 Received. Interview Date - March 10, 2006! - Day 150

* March 10, 2006 - Interview Day - Visa Granted! Woo-Hoo!! - Day 171

I want to go too!

How are you doing the photography? Is there an agency that you go through?

I would love to leave everything here behind and get over there. Only thing stopping me is the job there. If I could freelance something, I'd do it in a second.

Either way though, have fun and good luck!!!

(Edited because I can obviously not do freelance spelling or punctuation!)

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
I want to go too!

How are you doing the photography? Is there an agency that you go through?

I would love to leave everything here behind and get over there. Only thing stopping me is the job there. If I could freelance something, I'd do it in a second.

Either way though, have fun and good luck!!!

(Edited because I can obviously not do freelance spelling or punctuation!)

Yes, I have an agency and a couple magazines I will shoot for; with the internet-you can work nearly anywhere in the world.

Also, the cost of living is so much less in Russia that just a months salary will last me a year in Russia. I do have much more that just a months salary but that is a good example.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.