pikpakboom

Anyone here who has 17 or 18 yrs old. child that included in your K2 visa application??

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all VJ members,

I would to ask if anyone here who has same case as mine, that has a child age 17 or 18 yrs old. that were included in your K2 visa application??

Also I would like to know if they will also be interviewed by consul at the embassy and what are the required documents needed?? or if you have any experiences can you share it to me please. :help:

Many thanks & I will appreciate your reply and comments!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife (then fiancee) had two kids who were applying for K2 visas. One was 19. The other was going to turn 18 three weeks after the interview.

The kids are required to attend the interview. My wife's kids stood at the window with their mother, but the CO didn't ask them any questions. Some people say that the CO did ask the kids questions, usually whether they knew anything about the person their parent was about the marry.

Except for the DS-156K, K2's need pretty much the same documents as K1's. Forms, birth certificates, passports, police reports, medical exam, vaccinations, etc. Same fees, as well. If they are under 18 then they may need a quit claim from the non-immigrating parent, depending on the rules in that country. My step-daughter needed a letter from her biological father, even though she was going to turn 18 in a few weeks.

One additional requirement is you'll need proof that they are your biological children. In some countries, a birth certificate alone is enough. In many countries you'll need considerably more than that. In some countries the birth records are unreliable, and a birth certificate containing practically any information you want can be had for a little cash under the table. School records, baptismal records, household register books, pictures of the parent with the child growing up, etc. are all good evidence. In the most extreme case, they may ask for a DNA test. You'd be surprised how many people try to piggyback a cousin or younger sibling as a K2.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Hello to all VJ members,

I would to ask if anyone here who has same case as mine, that has a child age 17 or 18 yrs old. that were included in your K2 visa application??

Also I would like to know if they will also be interviewed by consul at the embassy and what are the required documents needed?? or if you have any experiences can you share it to me please. :help:

Hi, my kids were 19 and 17 and were included in the fiance petition application. I scheduled an appointment for interview of the three of us in the same date. Of course, they need to appear for an interview before the consul and they are also required a medical examination. Pls just check on the net what are the forms required to be filled out and the docs required. In my case, aside from the forms, I presented their birth certificates in NSO paper and brought some pictures. Better bring those pics of the children and you together, which were taken during important events like baptism, birthdays, Christmas days, holidays, your vacation together, school activities and graduation pictures too. In my case, I was even asked for pics during their baptism but I didnt bring one, however, I have some other pics when they were younger. This is done to establish the authenticity of the claim that they are your children.

My kids were also asked some questions but only basic information and whether they are already married and whats their plan when they get in the States.

Good luck!!

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello to all VJ members,

We had two sons. One age 13 that received his visa the same time as Alla and one that followed to join 10 months later (due to school considerations) he was 18 when he got his K2. He was 17 when Alla and I got married, but that is not important for a K2...as long as he is under age 21 when he adhusts status you are fine.

Interviews depend on consulates. Our 13 year old did not as Kiev excuses any person under age 14 from an interview. Our older son did have an interview and it was nothing, no questions asked. Our younger son had an AOS interview at the same time as my wife, but he sat there and they never sad anythin to him...never said much to my wife either, for that matter. Approved and out of there 13 minutes after parking the car. The older son had no AOS interview

They will need all the same documents and fees as your fiancee, medical, police report, I-134, etc. We also had to have military registration papers and student deferrment papers for the 18 year old.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife (then fiancee) had two kids who were applying for K2 visas. One was 19. The other was going to turn 18 three weeks after the interview.

The kids are required to attend the interview. My wife's kids stood at the window with their mother, but the CO didn't ask them any questions. Some people say that the CO did ask the kids questions, usually whether they knew anything about the person their parent was about the marry.

Except for the DS-156K, K2's need pretty much the same documents as K1's. Forms, birth certificates, passports, police reports, medical exam, vaccinations, etc. Same fees, as well. If they are under 18 then they may need a quit claim from the non-immigrating parent, depending on the rules in that country. My step-daughter needed a letter from her biological father, even though she was going to turn 18 in a few weeks.

One additional requirement is you'll need proof that they are your biological children. In some countries, a birth certificate alone is enough. In many countries you'll need considerably more than that. In some countries the birth records are unreliable, and a birth certificate containing practically any information you want can be had for a little cash under the table. School records, baptismal records, household register books, pictures of the parent with the child growing up, etc. are all good evidence. In the most extreme case, they may ask for a DNA test. You'd be surprised how many people try to piggyback a cousin or younger sibling as a K2.

Timeline

thanks for the information that you shared ...it really helps to me....theres no problem regarding the documents that i need for my kids..again thank you very much for sharing,,MAY GOD BLESS YOU...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.