w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Passport photo of girl, 5, banned 'in case it offends Muslims'

237 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You have cat ears?

Question: What if you travelled to Europe, or Rome and wanted to go in a GORGEOUS historical church where they request, out of respect, that you cover your shoulders...would you?

I think if you are travelling to someone elses culture, and we've had this convo about language, you should respect that culture...so if I went to a Muslim country, I would try to respect their culture instead of trying to impose MY american culture on them...

Not sure how far I would take it, but Iw ouldnt' blatently ignore their culture...ya know?

Edited by karo112

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this isn't a regulation, it's a complete non-issue where passport photos are concerned since the clerk made a mistake-- there's no point in getting upset if there isn't a problem.

Point my attention to a regulation where Western women really do have to cover up in Western countries and then I'll get upset.

90day.jpg

The western world is slowly turning into a Muslim state, through our own stupidity..

Just tell me your sizes so I can order us one of the following..

Modern european clothing

PS Imagine if one went to Iran and tried to get them to change something to reflect others beliefs. They would be hung..

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
I don't tend to dress with the culture of the place I'm going. It's not my culture and I feel like I am cheapening it by wearing it for a day. I don't wear teeny weeny bikinis and booty shorts when I go to Florida

1. Not even out of respect (see my church example)

2. Teeny weenie bikinis and booty shorts are NOT florida culture...that's actually a pretty crappy generalization...

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I don't think it was mentioned where they were going....but it might have been better for the clerk to suggest a different pic.

It was mentioned-- South France.

I don't tend to dress with the culture of the place I'm going. It's not my culture and I feel like I am cheapening it by wearing it for a day. I don't wear teeny weeny bikinis and booty shorts when I go to Florida, and god knows my hair is insulting or bothersome to people when I go nearly anywhere, as are my cat ears, piercings, etc, and if I wanted to wear bear shoulders, I probably would. That being said, I have no plans on traveling to the middle east just yet.

right but that's not a culture thing....it is not disrespectful to the locals to not wear booty shorts. What I'm saying is like if you were going to a place which frowned upon them, I think it's a respectful thing to not wear them.

If I were visiting a chuch which required a hankie on my head, although it's not my custom, I would respect it because it is the local custom. Now yes, that's a church and I'm talking about a country, but the bottom line is a country steeped in tradition & religion which has certain views on women's dress SHOULD be considered when visiting that particular country.

So yeah, leave the booty shorts at home if visiting the ME imo....

Timeline

i was just going to say...HAHAHAHA and then did you see my florida culture comment...

HAHAHA weird.

I would respect it because it is the local custom. Now yes, that's a church and I'm talking about a country, but the bottom line is a country steeped in tradition & religion which has certain views on women's dress SHOULD be considered when visiting that particular country.

Aboslutely. otherwise your just another obnoxios American imposing YOUR values on someone elses culture.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

i was just going to say...HAHAHAHA and then did you see my florida culture comment...

HAHAHA weird.

I would respect it because it is the local custom. Now yes, that's a church and I'm talking about a country, but the bottom line is a country steeped in tradition & religion which has certain views on women's dress SHOULD be considered when visiting that particular country.

Aboslutely. otherwise your just another obnoxios American imposing YOUR values on someone elses culture.

Fo shizzle!!!

;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

1. It is about a clerk in the UK

2. pot calling kettle black when they not even read the article

3. stupid ppl exist in the world. everywhere

4. clerk was/is an idiot

5. its a photo of a little girl

6. only a few ppl would be seeing the photo if they ever went to a muslim country... if they choose to be offended by it... thats their issue

7. just again why IS it an issue at all? she's 5.

8. how would the clerk know if it would offend or not?

9. they were going to france for vacation... and probably told clerk that too when he denied the pic

10. there are probably some christian ppl that would get offended seeing a 5yr old girl dressed like that.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
right but that's not a culture thing....it is not disrespectful to the locals to not wear booty shorts.....

Thank the powers that be for that. I'm getting up there in years and things are no longer exactly where they were 10 years ago.

Judge Judy rules!

Thank the powers that be for that. I'm getting up there in years and things are no longer exactly where they were 10 years ago.

God I know all about that..... I had a tattoo on my left shoulder.... over the last 10 years it has been slipping south... soon I will be real trendy and have a tattoo in the small of my back.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kezzie

The western world is slowly turning into a Muslim state, through our own stupidity..

Examples?

You just proved my point. That liberals just dont get it...

What is this f'n thread about. A girl having to redo her photo because it might offend muslims..

So basically people in that country will have to change something else they would have normally done without an issue simply because they have to accomodate muslims. Yet fat chance of someone in a nation such as iran doing the same..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.