utopia2004

Getting married to soon?

6 posts in this topic

We have been together 1 and half years, ive met him 5/6 times and spent 7 months in the US in total during that time living with him. We have a lease and bank account.

Is this enough time in the eyes of a CO? or is does this seem too soon to get married?

I know people do it much shorter. The reason we want to get married now is because we dont have that MUCH money and i cant afford to keep comming out here on trips and staying while not working. Im in the US now and have to go back to school for 8 months- so the C1 is the cheaper option if we get married now and i apply in the UK- it makes sence finacially and time frame wise. He wants me out here ASAP- this is faster than doing the C1 next june and comming home. The K1 is double the cost, and i dont want to spend that much money. We Plan to have a LARGE wedding in the UK with my family in a year or two (as its impo to have with my family- they cant come to the US my mum cant fly), he cant come to UK now as hes on parole till another year or two.

I know hes the one, but i cant help thinking its too soon, and wont bve special as i only have two weeks to arrange the wedding before i leave (1st of October).

And i think people wont take our marriage seriously, because they dont understand our situation, with immigration and having a lack of money.

Any one been in a simular situation, how did you mannage it?

Thanks Sara

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

he cant come to UK now as hes on parole till another year or two ????

you might face more problems than you think depending on what he is on parole for?

just my opinion

sara

Think Twice.. you wanna be strapped down for a year or two and cant really move because some's on parole..?

We have been together 1 and half years, ive met him 5/6 times and spent 7 months in the US in total during that time living with him. We have a lease and bank account.

Is this enough time in the eyes of a CO? or is does this seem too soon to get married?

I know people do it much shorter. The reason we want to get married now is because we dont have that MUCH money and i cant afford to keep comming out here on trips and staying while not working. Im in the US now and have to go back to school for 8 months- so the C1 is the cheaper option if we get married now and i apply in the UK- it makes sence finacially and time frame wise. He wants me out here ASAP- this is faster than doing the C1 next june and comming home. The K1 is double the cost, and i dont want to spend that much money. We Plan to have a LARGE wedding in the UK with my family in a year or two (as its impo to have with my family- they cant come to the US my mum cant fly), he cant come to UK now as hes on parole till another year or two.

I know hes the one, but i cant help thinking its too soon, and wont bve special as i only have two weeks to arrange the wedding before i leave (1st of October).

And i think people wont take our marriage seriously, because they dont understand our situation, with immigration and having a lack of money.

Any one been in a simular situation, how did you mannage it?

Thanks Sara

Naah Not too Soon... there seems to be evidence that there is a relationship, the lease.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Think Twice.. you wanna be strapped down for a year or two and cant really move because some's on parole..?

Naah Not too Soon... there seems to be evidence that there is a relationship, the lease.

A non violent offense a while back. I dont envissage any issues, hes got a steady job and doing really well. Yeah i know we wont be able to move for abit, we are ok with that.

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My advice is go with your heart, YOU are the only one who knows whats too soon or not. If you feel that he is the one and your truly want to be with this person the rest of your life then go for it. If you both understand the limits of his Parole and you two have no problems with it then go for it. You are the only that knows what is right or wrong for you.

Good luck :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Totaly agree!

There is no soon or late when talks about love, it just happens and thats the only thing matters.

My mom and dad decide to get married in 2 weeks which seems really crazy but they r still happy living togeter!

What about the imigration proces I'm so lost in my case what about to talk about others, but if u r comfortable to stey there not traveling seems ok then.

Only one thing about those kind of proces is that when u take a decision u live with consequences after.

Choice is all urs!

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.