Ban Hammer

7 Millionaire Myths

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I take nothing out from the US and put everything in. How is that exploiting the US ? The US is bloody lucky to have me.

This hostile nativist thinking towards immigrants must STOP because there are plenty of countries that would welcome someone like me who seeks to take NOTHING out and put EVERYTHING in..

wonder how the US survived without you? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Sour grapes.

Nativism led to people tearing out a foundation stone from the Washington Memorial and throwing it in the Potomac river - it had been donated by the Pope - a foreign power ! So it had to go. Things have not changed much.

nativism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativism_(politics)

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apart from a bit of beer money, all my investment are OUTSIDE the USA - and I don't work - - so I am not taking anyone's job.

I am spending all the income from all my foreign investments and my 3 foreign pensions into the US economy (thus providing jobs in the US) and of course paying tax on everything in the US - buying bombs and aircraft carriers and body armour for the troops.

I take nothing out from the US and put everything in. How is that exploiting the US ? The US is bloody lucky to have me.

This hostile nativist thinking towards immigrants must STOP because there are plenty of countries that would welcome someone like me who seeks to take NOTHING out and put EVERYTHING in..

Pompous comes to mind.

What hostile attitude towards legal immigrants?

wow your so loaded please do tell if you family does not live here what would you be purchasing in such quantities that would sustain or provide jobs here in the USA without a return on your spending.

He isn't a bad person just got rubbed by me I think the wrong way.

Although his reply was very pompous.

Sour grapes.

Nativism led to people tearing out a foundation stone from the Washington Memorial and throwing it in the Potomac river - it had been donated by the Pope - a foreign power ! So it had to go. Things have not changed much.

nativism:

http://en.wikipedia....ivism_(politics)

There are extremist in every country. those acting as they did did not represent the country but a few extreme and your referencing something that happened that far back ..pFFT

There are a million pesos in my wallet right now.

hmmm Peso of what country?

Here in the Phils about 23k......Can I have some.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

In NYC, someone who brings home $250K is hardly a "millionaire".

I bet that's right what with all the costs and taxes.

Also it's necessary to make big bucks consistently for years rather than be some get rich quick and get busted type

I knew all sorts of fly-by-nights who would purchase a listed building, burn it down and sell the land for development - stuff like that.

They then bought big houses and big cars and within 5 years they were either bankrupt or in jail or on the run in Spain. That kind of wealth is no good and a lot of such people suffer bad healthy with the stress of that lifestyle which needs lots of booze and cannabis and cocaine to sooth them

I try to have it all - low stress, cruising, dosh spread in lots of asset classes and lots of countries, low commitments to non- liquid assets.

I try to present a moving target to the slings and arrows of the world.

I run a big excel model of my income and spending and I can account for and analyze and chart every penny of spending and investment income for the last 8 years.

Hanging onto it is as important as making it.

I have worked as a co-op coal man unloading railway trucks full of coal by hand and weighing and bagging up - also putting handles on aluminium pans, as a Finance Director and now as layabout investor.

My current 'job' is the best I have every had as I am FREE. I don't want money for what I can spend it on - I just want to stay free and have options and not worry about events.

moresheep400100.jpg