1,485 posts in this topic

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: OH HELL YEAH! Just called the NVC, i am out of AP purgatory...Case sent to Manila TODAY! :) Good luck Junies! Of course, now, Manila is in the midst of switching over their appointment system, and as such is not taking any appointments yet...but hey! now I have something new to whine about :blush:

Yay!!! Congratulations! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

False alarm, we were only touched the one time on Wednesday. I thought it was odd no one else got new touches today. I got home and checked myself and it still said 11-17, my fiance was looking at the time stamp at the bottom of the profile page haha. Ah well, one touch is still awesome!

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

False alarm, we were only touched the one time on Wednesday. I thought it was odd no one else got new touches today. I got home and checked myself and it still said 11-17, my fiance was looking at the time stamp at the bottom of the profile page haha. Ah well, one touch is still awesome!

Aww...at least you have the one touch, though. I can't imagine making that mistake and being like oh, we weren't touched at all. That'd suck.

Are you developing a sixth sense yet for mail being in your mail box?

I had this conversation with A tonight:

Me: Did you check the mail today?

A: Yes, it wasn't there. I'm checking it "religiously" like you told me to. I checked this morning when I got up, then I checked before I went to work. When I came home I checked, then I checked before I went to soccer, I'll check when I get home, and then I'll check again before I go to bed.

Me: Shut up. :lol:

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Aww...at least you have the one touch, though. I can't imagine making that mistake and being like oh, we weren't touched at all. That'd suck.

Are you developing a sixth sense yet for mail being in your mail box?

I had this conversation with A tonight:

Me: Did you check the mail today?

A: Yes, it wasn't there. I'm checking it "religiously" like you told me to. I checked this morning when I got up, then I checked before I went to work. When I came home I checked, then I checked before I went to soccer, I'll check when I get home, and then I'll check again before I go to bed.

Me: Shut up. :lol:

I feel bad, Tom was so excited when he went to sleep that we received another touch...now he's going to wake up in 20 minutes to "Um, you read the wrong thing." I can't believe they make us wait for snail mail, at least have the decency to update us online! After making us wait nearly five months they can't even spare us the additional week+ that it will take in the post (taking into account the Thanksgiving holiday)? I doubt we'll get it before then, but I hope. It took about 5 business days from my NoA1 date and receiving the hard copy.

If I get an RFE I will lose my ######. Hey, do you and A celebrate each month-end? I guess it's different for you since you're so close in geography, but every time another month ends we are like "Yes! Another month of this hellish year gone!"

Edited by gap1

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

I feel bad, Tom was so excited when he went to sleep that we received another touch...now he's going to wake up in 20 minutes to "Um, you read the wrong thing." I can't believe they make us wait for snail mail, at least have the decency to update us online! After making us wait nearly five months they can't even spare us the additional week+ that it will take in the post (taking into account the Thanksgiving holiday)? I doubt we'll get it before then, but I hope. It took about 5 business days from my NoA1 date and receiving the hard copy.

If I get an RFE I will lose my ######. Hey, do you and A celebrate each month-end? I guess it's different for you since you're so close in geography, but every time another month ends we are like "Yes! Another month of this hellish year gone!"

Aww poor guy. I know what you mean...I've called the misinformation line twice bec...wait, I already told you this earlier today. I'm getting senile. It still just reads the NOA1 slowly. :lol:

We don't celebrate the month end, fortunately we see each usually every 1-2 weeks so my life isn't being held up by this much. I feel bad...I wish other people here could see their fiances even half as often as I see A.

This year has been hellish, though. It's been one damn thing after another, I'm so ready for the hard stuff to be over.

I'd do anything to see Tom that often. I can't wait to wake up next to him daily. I am so lovesick I make myself physically ill. I've never been like this about anyone.

I shouldn't complain, we get to see each other once every 2-3 months. A lot of people on here don't have that luxury.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

There was someone on here who hadn't seen her husband in a year and a half. :mellow: I can't even imagine that.

Ugh...it's really hard to believe all of this will be ancient history soon and we can all be like "Oh remember how much it sucked to go through the visa process? ...Actually I can't, it was so long ago I nearly forgot."

Aww, you still get butterflies. Butterflies of nausea but butterflies nonetheless. :lol: I can't imagine going through all this for someone who wasn't 38536784325743 times better than anyone I've ever met before.

There was someone on here who hadn't seen her husband in a year and a half. :mellow: I can't even imagine that.

Ugh...it's really hard to believe all of this will be ancient history soon and we can all be like "Oh remember how much it sucked to go through the visa process? ...Actually I can't, it was so long ago I nearly forgot."

Aww, you still get butterflies. Butterflies of nausea but butterflies nonetheless. :lol: I can't imagine going through all this for someone who wasn't 38536784325743 times better than anyone I've ever met before.

Exactly. It's funny, we had originally met three years ago and were tour friends that would hang out whenever Arcade Fire would put out an album or whenever I'd visit the UK for a different show. I realized on a 2009 visit to see Blur in Hyde Park (he met me there) that he was so perfect for me I couldn't bear to not take a chance. Finally I got really drunk and realized I was looking at his Facebook page a bit too much so I wrote this long email telling him everything. I thought I had saved it as a draft, but when I woke up I saw he had replied and I nearly passed out from embarrassment. I couldn't let someone like him walk around without knowing how I felt. I'd regret it for life if I never tried. Fast-forward a few months and I was getting on a plane to "see about a guy". So, this whole thing is my fault. It's a good thing he finds me equally as awesome. I'm still shocked to this day that it worked out so well. I'm pretty smug about it. :lol:

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

Exactly. It's funny, we had originally met three years ago and were tour friends that would hang out whenever Arcade Fire would put out an album or whenever I'd visit the UK for a different show. I realized on a 2009 visit to see Blur in Hyde Park (he met me there) that he was so perfect for me I couldn't bear to not take a chance. Finally I got really drunk and realized I was looking at his Facebook page a bit too much so I wrote this long email telling him everything. I thought I had saved it as a draft, but when I woke up I saw he had replied and I nearly passed out from embarrassment. I couldn't let someone like him walk around without knowing how I felt. I'd regret it for life if I never tried. Fast-forward a few months and I was getting on a plane to "see about a guy". So, this whole thing is my fault. It's a good thing he finds me equally as awesome. I'm still shocked to this day that it worked out so well. I'm pretty smug about it. :lol:

Hahaha that's an awesome story!! Wow, I would die of embarrassment...if anything I wrote drunk was even legible. It'd probably be all I wdjfbtink yjou arhre amaxinggggg.

I know how you feel though...when A and I were talking online and agreeing that we should be road trip buddies, he'd say he was so glad to have made a new friend, blah blah blah. And I felt like an idiot because I knew I liked him, but at the same time I tried not think about it, because I didn't want to have an online crush, especially if he only thought of me as a friend. I just felt like a total loser. Then I found out that the night before when we were planned to meet, he called his friend at like midnight and was like, "What do I do...I know I'm really going to like her but she lives so far away!" We both totally denied to ourselves that we liked each other, and then we met and it was just plain obvious we should be together. Whenever I think about it, I want to pat myself on the back. When we we had been talking online, I knew for sure a guy like him would never be interested in me. I'm still surprised, too!

P.S. One of my ex-boyfriends is a huuuuge Arcade Fire fan, he got a tattoo of that hand with the feather pen on his shoulder, it's gigantic. He introduced me to them, but I only really like "Haiti" and "In the Backseat."

Edited by JlovesA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i have been checking xxxx times daily if ours was touched........

until i decided to take a 10 day escapade.....

just arrived few hours ago and ......

I GOT TOUCHED !!!!

NOA 1 = june 24

touched = nov 17....

but status remains "initial review".....

i am nervously excited !!!!!

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

i have been checking xxxx times daily if ours was touched........

until i decided to take a 10 day escapade.....

just arrived few hours ago and ......

I GOT TOUCHED !!!!

NOA 1 = june 24

touched = nov 17....

but status remains "initial review".....

i am nervously excited !!!!!

Congratulations! It does seem they got their asses into gear on the 16th and 17th... I'm gonna be curious next Tuesday and Wednesday to see if there are any pleasant surprises in the mail for you touchees. Fingers crossed the holiday doesn't get in the way.

Me too. I hope this wasn't a mass touch thing like the VSC had 10-3 and that we're actually getting approvals. I can't believe it's been nearly 5 months and I'm still only on the 3rd step of the flow chart! :angry:

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! It does seem they got their asses into gear on the 16th and 17th... I'm gonna be curious next Tuesday and Wednesday to see if there are any pleasant surprises in the mail for you touchees. Fingers crossed the holiday doesn't get in the way.

thanks !!!!

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I knew you'd be out in a few days!!! Can't believe I can say this twice in a row but... Told ya so! ;-)

Congrats, I can't imagine how relieved you are.

I will admit! you were right! :bonk: Guys, I seriously hope EVERYONE of you gets your NOA2...like today! And I really, really hope you are in and out of the NVC in a week. I can honestly tell you that being told I was in AP at the NVC was the worst part of this whole thing yet! It was like #######??? after almost 5 months at the USCIS you are telling me I now have to wait for an 'indefinite' amount of time?? The worst part was the having NO timeline...only thing that saved me was the others here on VJ who went through the same thing. In the grand scheme of things, it was nothing! 18 days total, 12 working days, well within the 4 weeks the letter said it could take. Was just a Mind F@#@ seeing everyone else go in and out in 3 days, and then hearing the dreaded "AP" and then franticly searching VJ and hearing, 7 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, etc etc. On to the next phase...Medical and then interview :) bring home the pink!

thanks again everyone for your words of congratulations and encouragement. I am sending all my thoughts that all these touches are APPROVALS!

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.