REINITA♥REY

I-134 Bank Records

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HELLO!

I am gathering docs for the I-134 in advance and I am wondering if a letter from the bank officer is necessary. (I know silly question!) I have had the same employer for 7 years and make more than the requirement. I have no problem proving my salary and job tenure. The I-134 does not state tax returns, but I see that often here in the forums. Do I need to copy previous tax filings? If so, how many years?

I changed banks in June....sine the bank officer letter needs to be for a year, do I need to go back to my previous bank and get a letter also?

Thank so much for your input!

:D

Filed: Timeline

HELLO!

I am gathering docs for the I-134 in advance and I am wondering if a letter from the bank officer is necessary. (I know silly question!) I have had the same employer for 7 years and make more than the requirement. I have no problem proving my salary and job tenure. The I-134 does not state tax returns, but I see that often here in the forums. Do I need to copy previous tax filings? If so, how many years?

I changed banks in June....sine the bank officer letter needs to be for a year, do I need to go back to my previous bank and get a letter also?

One more question: Does the date on these documents have to be within a certain time frame? If I get things together now and the interview date is in four or six months, will that be an issue? Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So long as you meet the income requirements, the bank letter is not necessary. I did not declare any assets on the I-134 nor the I-864 when my wife was filing for her green card. It would be best to submit tax transcripts, which are available for free from the IRS, for the three most recent years.

It would be best to have the letter from your employer be as recent as possible; I believe mine was about 2 to 3 months old at the time of the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

HELLO!

I Just completed my I-134 in July. If they request the bank statement it's to verify your deposits to match your pay stubs. Give them what they request on the I-134 instructions for Supporting Evidence and you'll be fine. The best advice to give is to follow the instructions they give you Verbatim and to KISS it (K=keep I=it S=simple and S=stupid = KISS) do that and you'll be fine. I have read alot of conflicting advice on here where one person says do this and another says no do that, follow the instructions you're given by the officials handling the paperwork. In the end they are the decision makers.

If you easily meet the income requirements and can properly document it there is no need to provide any information or documentation of assets or bank accounts. It would not be needed or considered at all.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I Just completed my I-134 in July. If they request the bank statement it's to verify your deposits to match your pay stubs. Give them what they request on the I-134 instructions for Supporting Evidence and you'll be fine. The best advice to give is to follow the instructions they give you Verbatim and to KISS it (K=keep I=it S=simple and S=stupid = KISS) do that and you'll be fine. I have read alot of conflicting advice on here where one person says do this and another says no do that, follow the instructions you're given by the officials handling the paperwork. In the end they are the decision makers.

I agree that one should follow the written instructions provided. According to the instruction sheet for the I-134 ( http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf )

Supporting Evidence

As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income or financial resources to assure that the alien you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the United States.

Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that applies to your situation.

A letter from the employer, tax transcripts, and recent pay stubs are sufficient so long as one has met the threshold of 125% of the poverty line. There is no need to declare other assets, such as bank accounts, bonds, stocks, real estate, etc.

Has anyone experienced an embassy requiring the declaration of assets even though one has already satisfied the income requirements?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So long as you meet the income requirements, the bank letter is not necessary. I did not declare any assets on the I-134 nor the I-864 when my wife was filing for her green card. It would be best to submit tax transcripts, which are available for free from the IRS, for the three most recent years.

It would be best to have the letter from your employer be as recent as possible; I believe mine was about 2 to 3 months old at the time of the interview.

Debbie & Dave

4/12/2010 Filed I-129F

4/15/2010 Recvd NOA1

7/20/2010 Recvd NOA2

7/23/2010 NVC received

7/28/2010 NVC left

7/31/2010 Consulate received

8/03/2010 Packet 3 received

8/31/2010 Packet 3 sent

10/13/2010 Packet 4 received

11/15/2010 Interview London--APPROVED

11/30/2010 Visa received

12/16/2010 POE - Chicago

02/18/2011 Married

AOS

03/30/2011 Filed AOS paperwork

04/08/2011 NOA1 received

05/09/2011 Biometrics Appt

05/31/2011 EAD approved

06/06/2011 AP Approved

06/08/2011 EAD card received

06/20/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED !!!

06/29/2011 Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello

couple of questions to your post.

1. Should my fiance' be taking my last 3 years tax scripts to his interview in London? Or is this something I hold on to?

2. Do you remember the site for the IRS scripts? I would like to apply for them now.

3. What exactly do I need to retain from my employer? Active employment status, w-2's, etc?

Thanks for any help you can give... deb

Debbie & Dave

4/12/2010 Filed I-129F

4/15/2010 Recvd NOA1

7/20/2010 Recvd NOA2

7/23/2010 NVC received

7/28/2010 NVC left

7/31/2010 Consulate received

8/03/2010 Packet 3 received

8/31/2010 Packet 3 sent

10/13/2010 Packet 4 received

11/15/2010 Interview London--APPROVED

11/30/2010 Visa received

12/16/2010 POE - Chicago

02/18/2011 Married

AOS

03/30/2011 Filed AOS paperwork

04/08/2011 NOA1 received

05/09/2011 Biometrics Appt

05/31/2011 EAD approved

06/06/2011 AP Approved

06/08/2011 EAD card received

06/20/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED !!!

06/29/2011 Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.