tigger

Filed I130/ I129F & still waiting

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am a US citizen and living in Northern California. My husband is living in Dublin, Ireland. We got married in 2008 in California and I moved to Ireland in early 2009 to start our married life there. But the economy got into a deep recession and I couldn't get a job for a whole year. So, we decided to come to the US and live here.

I came back alone in January of 2010. I got a job and then, filed I130 to petition my husband in late March of 2010 and I received an NOA in early April. Looking back at the application, I have made two mistakes. For example, I provided my employer information instead of my husband's employer information. I went to the local USCIS office to correct the errors.

I learned about I129F from a USCIS official in May and how it can expedite bringing my husband to the US. I filed the I129F for K3 Spousal Visa. I was told that it would take about 5 months for processing and that my husband can come with the K3 visa to adjust status once he's here. I filed the I129F in June and received an NOA on July 2nd.

It's already late August and I have not heard anything. My husband and I are really desperate and depressed. We don't know what it is taking so long to hear any notification from USCIS. Could anyone tell me if this is normal? We are hoping that we'll see some process by the end of the year.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am a US citizen and living in Northern California. My husband is living in Dublin, Ireland. We got married in 2008 in California and I moved to Ireland in early 2009 to start our married life there. But the economy got into a deep recession and I couldn't get a job for a whole year. So, we decided to come to the US and live here.

I came back alone in January of 2010. I got a job and then, filed I130 to petition my husband in late March of 2010 and I received an NOA in early April. Looking back at the application, I have made two mistakes. For example, I provided my employer information instead of my husband's employer information. I went to the local USCIS office to correct the errors.

I learned about I129F from a USCIS official in May and how it can expedite bringing my husband to the US. I filed the I129F for K3 Spousal Visa. I was told that it would take about 5 months for processing and that my husband can come with the K3 visa to adjust status once he's here. I filed the I129F in June and received an NOA on July 2nd.

It's already late August and I have not heard anything. My husband and I are really desperate and depressed. We don't know what it is taking so long to hear any notification from USCIS. Could anyone tell me if this is normal? We are hoping that we'll see some process by the end of the year.

Pretty much normal I have been waiting 6 months as of 8-24 not heard anything. I have read some people been waiting 14 months! I am going crazy like you are.

I think you can expect at least a 1 year wait for a spousal visa and they are doing the fiance visa in a relatively shorter time. Good luck and keep us informed. Ed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You should contact USCIS by 1-800-375-5283 and try and talk to an immigration officer (not the first customer service rep.).

Also try to get in touch with the senator's office which serves your area for immigration issues. Explain them the issue and they will definately will help you out in reaching USCIS and getting your application moving if it's out of normal processing time which is 5 months right now.

Another thing you can do is to contact California Service Center if your application receipt no. starts with WAC.

Their email: Csc-NCSC-FollowUp@dhs.gov and phone: (949) 389-3003

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

You should contact USCIS by 1-800-375-5283 and try and talk to an immigration officer (not the first customer service rep.).

Also try to get in touch with the senator's office which serves your area for immigration issues. Explain them the issue and they will definately will help you out in reaching USCIS and getting your application moving if it's out of normal processing time which is 5 months right now.

Another thing you can do is to contact California Service Center if your application receipt no. starts with WAC.

Their email: Csc-NCSC-FollowUp@dhs.gov and phone: (949) 389-3003

Thanks Kruz Patz. I have contacted the congressional office. Maybe I should try out the senator's office too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

usually, when an I-129F is submitted for any K-3 visa, to USCIS,

the 'place in queue' for the I-130 is reset, and the I-130 is 'yanked' out of it's current queue, and placed into a new queue based on I-129F submittal date.

I'm surprised that a USCIS staffer, face to face, told you to file for a K-3 visa in MAY 2010 - this smells like that USCIS local office is not aware of the fact that approved I-129Fs are administratively closed at NVC, when the two casefiles travel together into NVC (see http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/ )

Usually, the I-130 and I-129F get 'joined up' at USCIS, so any speed you might hope for, is really dashed because you filed the I-129F 2 months after the I-130 receipt notice date.

I wish I had other, better news for you, but for this particular instance, I don't.

Good luck, however it turns out. My prediction is that you'll be doing NVC processing for a CR-1 visa, starting in late October or early November.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

usually, when an I-129F is submitted for any K-3 visa, to USCIS,

the 'place in queue' for the I-130 is reset, and the I-130 is 'yanked' out of it's current queue, and placed into a new queue based on I-129F submittal date.

I'm surprised that a USCIS staffer, face to face, told you to file for a K-3 visa in MAY 2010 - this smells like that USCIS local office is not aware of the fact that approved I-129Fs are administratively closed at NVC, when the two casefiles travel together into NVC (see http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/ )

Usually, the I-130 and I-129F get 'joined up' at USCIS, so any speed you might hope for, is really dashed because you filed the I-129F 2 months after the I-130 receipt notice date.

I wish I had other, better news for you, but for this particular instance, I don't.

Good luck, however it turns out. My prediction is that you'll be doing NVC processing for a CR-1 visa, starting in late October or early November.

Darnell is exacly correct, with I-129F you go back to bottom of pile, so not worth it for many other reasons also.

If you have not done so yet, sign up for a account with USCIS to watch the process of your petitions to see when they were "touched worked on, when you see they are "touched" it helps with the heavy heart of this process. A seen "touch" can make a person dance a jig. Hang in there, approvals will come, they come.

All the best in your journey.

Beth

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

tigger - fwiw, you are not 'outside of normal processing times' at all - so 'contacting' someone, at this point, will be mostly useless, as the response you'll get back, is, "Sorry, you are not outside of normal processing times, please contact us again 30 days after the 5th month has passed".

wait for about 150 days, then if it's after 180 days, please have yer official 'freak-out'.

Contacting yer congressman/senator's 'immigration liason staffer' human is a waste of their time, for anything less than 180 days duration.

you've a receipt notice for first week of April - so please keep waiting, yes?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.