naynay5885

6 weeks and no Packet 3!!!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So,

I received a letter from the NVC dated 6/30/10 stating that my Fiance Petition was approved, and would be forwarded to the Embassy in London within 7 days.

My fiance STILL has not received anything from the London Embassy, nor have I received any communication stating exactly WHEN my packet was sent over.

Who should I contact? He only has roughly 8 weeks until the petition expires and I'm beginning to freak out!! I'm sure it takes around that long just to get an embassy appointment!

Who should I call???? NVC??? London Embassy???? What do I need to reference to get some answers!

Help Please!!

Filed: Timeline

I also received a letter from the NVC and it stated that my file was sent to Morocco on August 3rd. I waited and waited and finally I called the Department of State and they confirmed that the Embassy did receive the file and that an interview was set up for Oct 6th. We still have not yet received packet three. I am most certainly your fiance has an interview date already set.

Timeline

I've never heard of the Embassy pre arranging the interview date! I'm not sure if this is something they do in London....but I'm happy he has an interview date set! We got our NOA2 in under 6 weeks, which was amazing...so I knew there had to be a hiccup somewhere!

I just dont know whether to call the NVC or the London Embassy or USCIS...no idea! But 8 week is not much time to gather everything and schedule medical appointments, etc! :(

Filed: Timeline

I've never heard of the Embassy pre arranging the interview date! I'm not sure if this is something they do in London....but I'm happy he has an interview date set! We got our NOA2 in under 6 weeks, which was amazing...so I knew there had to be a hiccup somewhere!

I just dont know whether to call the NVC or the London Embassy or USCIS...no idea! But 8 week is not much time to gather everything and schedule medical appointments, etc! :(

Honestly, I would start emailing, calling the Embassy and speaking with whomever I could talk to. If your packet is lost in the mail the embassy has no way of knowing this, so they assume that your fiance has done all the necessary paperwork, etc. for his interview. Generally speaking from what others have said, it's only a 5 week waiting period once the Embassy receives the packet from NVC and yours was around June you said. This happen to another person and they waited for packet three as well and he missed his interview date and they had to wait 2 more months for the next date to interview. So plz call a.s.a.p. The NVC does not give the interview date unless you are filing a CR1 from my understanding. The embassy schedules the K1 or I-129 interviews. But I don't know the London rules unfortunately sorry. Also, without those forms he cannot do his medical appt. He has to have those forms to take with him. Again, I called the Department of State with handles any questions regarding Visa issues and they were very helpful to me. I wish I knew more to tell you. Good Luck.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Call the NVC helpline. Make sure that you have your case number. You can ask if the case has indeed been sent to London and what the LON (london case number is). Once you have that your fiance can book his medical at Knightsbridge and start to fill in the P3 forms, which he will find on the Lon Embassy website. If for some reason your case has gone AWOL they will be able to tell you. I'm not sure what you can do in that case.

However, London can be quite slow and it could be that your case has arrived and they haven't input it into the system. UK schools are still on holiday and many people will be on holidays (remember, they get many more weeks than most people here) so they may be short-staffed.

I would call and find out and make sure that your fiance is prepared for the medical (he can book this as soon as he has the LON number and it is valid for 1 year) and has filled in the paperwork to send straight away as soon as he receives the P3 letter.

Don't worry about the petition expiring. London usually extends it for another 4 months if they haven't sent out the information and the petition hasn't been withdrawn.

I hope that helps. Sorry, I don't have the NVC phone number but I called it at 10amET and I got through really quickly.

Good luck.

Edit to add: You should find the phone number somewhere on here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

They'll be able to tell you the same as London but at much less cost to you.

Edited by Y&E

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please review this thread -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Dodi gave the #'s, I gave 'what you can get'

then call around, via telephone, ask for casefile status.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yes, call the DOS. They will let you know. They have access to the NVC records as well as the Embassy records. The above poster, foreverwaiting, was giving information regarding Morocco and not London. You cannot have an interview set for the London embassy until you send the forms back. Hopefully the P3 has just gotten lost in the mail, but everything you need forms-wise is on the London Embassy website so you don't actually need the letter to fill out the forms.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know it's a long shot, but any possibility it can be downloaded from the embassy's website? I know it can be in Bogotá but that's because the mail system there is horrible and packets are routinely lost en route.

Maybe London has it online also for other reasons such as efficiency or convenience?

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Yes, London has all of their forms online. You can't download your actual letter, but you can get the forms.

London K1 Packet 3

Go ahead and fill out these forms and send them in. Make sure to keep a set of originals and a set of copies to take to the interview.

That should get the ball rolling.

Call the DOS at 202-663-1225 (Option 1, option 0) and ask them when your file was accepted at London and when P3 was sent. When you submit the forms, in your cover letter explain that you didn't receive your P3 letter and you need another copy sent to you. Make sure you include a correct address JUST IN CASE.

You will probably need the P3 letter to take to your medical exam. If you don't get it, you can call Knightsbridge and explain and ask if you can go without it, so long as you have your case number. They might let you.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Dodi

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

I know it's a long shot, but any possibility it can be downloaded from the embassy's website?

It's actually not a long shot. Everything is on there. Click here to get all the forms. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

When you submit the forms, in your cover letter explain that you didn't receive your P3 letter and you need another copy sent to you. Make sure you include a correct address JUST IN CASE.

Just to clarify, you can't send your P3 until you receive the letter from London requesting it and giving you a case number. London will just bin it unless they've sent the letter to you. If you haven't received it most likely they haven't sent it out yet.

You can book your medical without the P3 letter as long as you have your LON case number, but you can't attend the medical without the letter.

If the DOS tells him it's been sent but he's not received it, he can get the LND (not LON anymore) and send in the forms requesting a new copy. He can also ASK Knightsbridge if they'll allow him to attend the medical without it under the circumstances. It's been done before.

If the DOS tells him it's been sent but he's not received it, he can get the LND (not LON anymore) and send in the forms requesting a new copy. He can also ASK Knightsbridge if they'll allow him to attend the medical without it under the circumstances. It's been done before.

My phone double posted. Can someone ask a mod to fix it?

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Timeline

Thank you for the information! I'll be contacting DOS today to see what the deal is!!

I'm taking a look at the paperwork, and it says you must fill out form DS 157 for each "family member"

Does that mean my fiance? Or only if he has family joining him (which he doesnt)...the verbiage isn't very clear! It also says to complete these forms in duplicate, so I should probably just make 3 copies of everything to be sure!!

Timeline

I'm also a little unclear as to whether I'm required to send an I-864. It lists it on the Embassy's website, but upon further review on another page it says

"What about the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen who is applying for a fiancé(e) visa?"

An I-864 is NOT required when applying for a fiancé(e) visa. An I-864 will be required at the time the fiancé(e) visa holder applies to adjust his or her status from nonimmigrant to conditional resident with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS).

So, to send...or not to send?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Usually, for a K-1 visa application - the I-134 form is used instead of the I-864.

No idea if they want it sent in with the packet 3 documents, or you present it on interview day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.