^_^

Why would the Sierra Club oppose a power line upgrade?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So if it suddenly gets cloudy for a few days right after installation, the owner is f-d?

Actually, it doesn't take direct sunlight for PV power to work. You could probably get enough electricity to run your appliances on a cloudy day.

you get the tax revenues.

and besides, do you feel the same way about agriculture? large scale agriculture does a real number on ecosystems, do you mind that seeing how we city folk eat most of the food?

So you are anti-growth. Understood, you need say no more.

:rofl: No, I need to say plenty more. I agree that modern agriculture is destructive of bio-diversity and does more actual harm country wide than power lines, however that doesn't negate the reality that places that contain unique habitats need protection too. Modern life is not sustainable because exponential growth is not sustainable in a finite space, and planet earth is finite and leaps and bounds growth as was seen in the US during the 18th and early 19th centuries has long since gone which is why 'pretend' growth has taken its place with the inevitable bursting of that mirage - for now. Growth is not a good economic model and waste is not something that people can simply continue to ignore.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Actually, it doesn't take direct sunlight for PV power to work. You could probably get enough electricity to run your appliances on a cloudy day.

I was referring to the line - Once in place, the sun’s warmth helps bond shingles together forming a weather-resistant seal.

It sounds like upon install, if it gets cloudy and even starts to rain you could have water infiltrate the home because the shingles haven't had the opportunity to form a weather-resistant seal.

:rofl: No, I need to say plenty more.

No, you actually don't. Everyone knows where you stand on this, and that's well outside of the mainstream.

I was referring to the line - Once in place, the sun's warmth helps bond shingles together forming a weather-resistant seal.

It sounds like upon install, if it gets cloudy and even starts to rain you could have water infiltrate the home because the shingles haven't had the opportunity to form a weather-resistant seal.

No, you actually don't. Everyone knows where you stand on this, and that's well outside of the mainstream.

Even if I am outside of mainstream, why does that mean I should be silent? Planet earth may be able to support 2 or even 4 times its current population but beyond that, things get very dodgy - imagine we are bacteria in a confined space, like a bottle - what happens when the bottle is full?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was referring to the line - Once in place, the sun's warmth helps bond shingles together forming a weather-resistant seal.

I don't know enough about roof tile PV panels, but I would imagine that there some other protective barrier underneath, just as there exists for normal tiled rooftops. And given that roofs have been known to leak from time to time, such a problem would not be unique to PV panels.

Filed: Timeline

Even if I am outside of mainstream, why does that mean I should be silent? Planet earth may be able to support 2 or even 4 times its current population but beyond that, things get very dodgy - imagine we are bacteria in a confined space, like a bottle - what happens when the bottle is full?

Then we remove people who aren't in the mainstream.

I don't know enough about roof tile PV panels, but I would imagine that there some other protective barrier underneath, just as there exists for normal tiled rooftops. And given that roofs have been known to leak from time to time, such a problem would not be unique to PV panels.

you would imagine???

Here's what it says:

Once in place, the sun's warmth helps bond shingles together forming a weather-resistant seal.

Then we remove people who aren't in the mainstream.

you would imagine???

Here's what it says:

Once in place, the sun's warmth helps bond shingles together forming a weather-resistant seal.

Remove? There is no nice selection process; when the bottle gets full - they all die.

Sonoma County.

recap_graph.jpg

Looks like the fruits and nuts win.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

:lol: Yep. Of course, it's better than Texas, with all them steers and queers. :star:

:lol:

Are you a homophobic bigot redneck? :P

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Maybe I'm missing something. But they're talking about upgrading the power line. Nothing is said about building a coal plant that also burns used tires as a fuel source being installed anywhere nearby. It's a power line. These blend in with nature no problem.

"Let's face it, nobody wants power lines, but they all want their lights to come on when they flip the switch," PPL spokesman Paul Wirth said.

Lets face it, many people think electricity magically appears at the outlet.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG