5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

when IMMIGRATION REFORM bill will pass we are all will be current because they will recapture unused visa which are 290,000 since 1992 to 2012 and also they increase the annual quota from 65000 to (According to CONGRESS DECISION)

it will be pass in June insha ALLAH

good luck

The President's Proposal

The proposal seeks to eliminate existing backlogs in the family-sponsored immigration system by recapturing unused visas and temporarily increasing annual visa numbers. The proposal also raises existing annual country caps from 7 percent to 15 percent for the family-sponsored immigration system. It also treats same-sex families as families by giving U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents the ability to seek a visa on the basis of a permanent relationship with a same-sex partner. The proposal also revises current unlawful presence bars and provides broader discretion to waive bars in cases of hardship.

The question is whether temporarily increasing annual visa numbers..say..2,90,000 and raising annual country caps from 7 to 15 percent can reduce the present backlogs and make the Visa Availability "Current"..:unsure:

Edited by Visa Grant

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

The President's Proposal

The proposal seeks to eliminate existing backlogs in the family-sponsored immigration system by recapturing unused visas and temporarily increasing annual visa numbers. The proposal also raises existing annual country caps from 7 percent to 15 percent for the family-sponsored immigration system. It also treats same-sex families as families by giving U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents the ability to seek a visa on the basis of a permanent relationship with a same-sex partner. The proposal also revises current unlawful presence bars and provides broader discretion to waive bars in cases of hardship.

The question is whether temporarily increasing annual visa numbers..say..2,90,000 and raising annual country caps from 7 to 15 percent can reduce the present backlogs and make the Visa Availability "Current"..:unsure:

if we all become "current" it will be the best scenario!

I don't think the administration can deal with that so fast, so we will wait again....but it is better to wait like "current" :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think immigration reform bill will eliminate F4 visa category... just read

The more contentious decisions will surround whether any of the current family categories — such as sibling — is reduced or eliminated. Lawmakers have made such attempts in the past, arguing that a focus on immediate family members is more appropriate. Such changes could mean that people who once would have eventually been eligible for U.S. citizenship wouldn't have that opportunity.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2013/feb/19/immigration-reform-families-look-relief-immigratio/

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't think applications already filed will be affected.

The way I see it is the plan was to clear the backlog within 10 years so it must effect those applications already filed.

I don't think it will completely get rid of the family-sponsored visas. There are maybe as many as 1,000,000+ pending and there are only 300,000 unused visas.

It should however move forward considerably quicker though.

If the immigration plan gets voted in...

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The way I see it is the plan was to clear the backlog within 10 years so it must effect those applications already filed.

I don't think it will completely get rid of the family-sponsored visas. There are maybe as many as 1,000,000+ pending and there are only 300,000 unused visas.

It should however move forward considerably quicker though.

If the immigration plan gets voted in...

I was replying in the context of this question: "Yeah, but the real question is, if they eliminate the F4 category, what will happen to the applications already filed? " ..... MEANING the F4 petitions already filed will NOT BE AFFECTED IN CASE THE F4 CATEGORY IS ELIMINATED.

Next time @dsimps understand the reply before you comment on it.

Timeline

I was replying in the context of this question: "Yeah, but the real question is, if they eliminate the F4 category, what will happen to the applications already filed? " ..... MEANING the F4 petitions already filed will NOT BE AFFECTED IN CASE THE F4 CATEGORY IS ELIMINATED.

mellow friend Mellow ....:)

As such the clarity on the immigration reform is not clear..going forward it might clear all doubts..:unsure:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Mellow is totally furious lol.

Fantastic. Clearly being misquoted ruined his day.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ME and JOLLY786 both are tracking CIR bill news,so when we get a authentic news then we will post ri8 here, so please you GUYES dont post any wrong/UNAUTHENTIC news ON this thread, because we dont have OFFICIALLY CIR bill legislation when COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL WILL INTRODUCE BY GANG OF 8 SENATOR OR BY WHITE HOUSE THEN WE GUYES CAN GET AUTHENTIC legislation REGARDING F4 family visa category or legal immigration system.

TILL THEN GOOD LUCK ALL

mellow friend Mellow ....:)

As such the clarity on the immigration reform is not clear..going forward it might clear all doubts..:unsure:

AGREE. :)

Mellow is right dude,just wait for official bill then post here.

Yeah, but the real question is, if they eliminate the F4 category, what will happen to the applications already filed?

ME and JOLLY786 both are tracking CIR bill news,so when we get a authentic news then we will post ri8 here, so please you GUYES dont post any wrong/UNAUTHENTIC news ON this thread, because we dont have OFFICIALLY CIR bill legislation when COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL WILL INTRODUCE BY GANG OF 8 SENATOR OR BY WHITE HOUSE THEN WE GUYES CAN GET AUTHENTIC legislation REGARDING F4 family visa category or legal immigration system.

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

TILL THEN GOOD LUCK ALL

AGREE. :)

Mellow is right dude,just wait for official bill then post here.

agree..

Timeline

got passports yesterday :):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::jest:

booked flight ticket. my last destination and poe will be dallas (dfw ) .

any tips or suggestions guys for smooth journey and poe ? :)

Good Luck once again..:thumbs:

As your POE is dfw..for a smooth journey, you can enter as a "Cowboy"..just kidding...:P

Edited by Visa Grant

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

got passports yesterday :):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::jest:

booked flight ticket. my last destination and poe will be dallas (dfw ) .

any tips or suggestions guys for smooth journey and poe ? :)

CONGRATS BRO :)

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.