5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

hello everyone,

1.After 9/11 attack....the uscis offices were closed for 45 days after the attack...............it means no petitions were accepted during these 45 days.....

2. The petitions who were filled before 9/11 attack were give 45 days extra to the child out children under the PATRIOT ACT..which was pass

ed by congress in Oct,2001........

hello ,

i m not agree with you my friend, cause my PD is 12 sept 2001 ,a day after 9/11 attack.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello ,

i m not agree with you my friend, cause my PD is 12 sept 2001 ,a day after 9/11 attack.

I think the PD is not when the USCIS, then INS, receives the petition. Its probably got to do with the post office date stamp

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello everyone,

1.After 9/11 attack....the uscis offices were closed for 45 days after the attack...............it means no petitions were accepted during these 45 days.....

2. The petitions who were filled before 9/11 attack were give 45 days extra to the child out children under the PATRIOT ACT..which was passed by congress in Oct,2001........

The USCIS were never closed for 45 days.USCIS were accepting petitions all over the time.If they were closed for all these days; we would not have a long list of priority dates as in OCT nd NOV of 2001.The priority date is when the USCIS receives the applications and we have a lot af applicants in that period.

please see this video by lawyer micheal phulwani...........it is also help full for CSPA.........

Phulwani says that the age out kid gets 45 days additional time according to the patriot act. He never says offices were closed for 45 days.

According to patriot act:-

"The legislation defines an "age-out" protection for children who are part of a petition for citizenship in that it allows those whose 21st birthday occurs in September 2001 and whose parents had applied for citizenship before September 11, 2001 to be defined as a child for 90 days after their 21st birthday. Those whose 21st birthday occurs after September 2001 are considered to be a child for 45 days after their 21st birthday."

Even if we have to consider the closing of field offices that would be only one that is located in lower manhattan, leaving that there are 9 others in NY alone and GOD knows how many in US.There are four service centers and none of them is in NY.So, it could not possibly effect receiving of the petitions.

All petitions received nationally are shown in blue.Untitled.png

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Timeline

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Timeline

The USCIS were never closed for 45 days.USCIS were accepting petitions all over the time.If they were closed for all these days; we would not have a long list of priority dates as in OCT nd NOV of 2001.The priority date is when the USCIS receives the applications and we have a lot af applicants in that period.

Phulwani says that the age out kid gets 45 days additional time according to the patriot act. He never says offices were closed for 45 days.

According to patriot act:-

"The legislation defines an "age-out" protection for children who are part of a petition for citizenship in that it allows those whose 21st birthday occurs in September 2001 and whose parents had applied for citizenship before September 11, 2001 to be defined as a child for 90 days after their 21st birthday. Those whose 21st birthday occurs after September 2001 are considered to be a child for 45 days after their 21st birthday."

Even if we have to consider the closing of field offices that would be only one that is located in lower manhattan, leaving that there are 9 others in NY alone and GOD knows how many in US.There are four service centers and none of them is in NY.So, it could not possibly effect receiving of the petitions.

All petitions received nationally are shown in blue.Untitled.png

listen that video again...in that he clearly mentioned that uscis were closed to 45 days

after 9/11............

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Need some advise. I am from India.

Priority date :June 2002.

Notice date is Aug 2009.

Birth date : Jun 1988.

My aunt has filled petition for my mother in f4 category. I am her beneficiary. According to CSPA calculation I am eligible to immigrate with my mother till I turn 28(currently I am 25).

I have following questions.

1. What are the chances that I get to immigrate with my Family? In Visa bulletins I checked that in recent years the speed is decreased very much. My other aunt who were petitioned 2 months before us I.e may 2002 got there choice of agent and other formalities in 2010 itself. but they are still waiting for their date to became current. however we haven't received choice of agent form yet despite our petition is just 2 months behind them. What could be the issue? how do I verify it? Also any guess when our date will become active?

2. Can I get married ? If I don't legally register my marriage is there anyway they find out? If they find out can they ban me to enter USA for lifetime?

3. If I go on students visa can I get green card based on my immigration file? How? What are the chances for that?

Edited by nrp

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Its already 29th but no IL yet. Is there no movement in Nov 2013 visa bulletin? Very frustating crying.gif

we can never predict VB so don,t predict and wait for VB officially to be release.

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Need some advise. I am from India.

Priority date :June 2002.

Notice date is Aug 2009.

Birth date : Jun 1988.

My aunt has filled petition for my mother in f4 category. I am her beneficiary. According to CSPA calculation I am eligible to immigrate with my mother till I turn 28(currently I am 25).

I have following questions.

1. What are the chances that I get to immigrate with my Family? In Visa bulletins I checked that in recent years the speed is decreased very much. My other aunt who were petitioned 2 months before us I.e may 2002 got there choice of agent and other formalities in 2010 itself. but they are still waiting for their date to became current. however we haven't received choice of agent form yet despite our petition is just 2 months behind them. What could be the issue? how do I verify it? Also any guess when our date will become active?

2. Can I get married ? If I don't legally register my marriage is there anyway they find out? If they find out can they ban me to enter USA for lifetime?

3. If I go on students visa can I get green card based on my immigration file? How? What are the chances for that?

IF you get married then you are no longer illegible for immigrant with your F4 petition and if you married and misrepresentation of facts from DOS then you can be ban which ever stage if they found even after Geting visa or brfore.

if you go to US with F1 study visa then there you can adjust your status by submitting I-485 WHEN YOUR pd TO BE CURRENT.

SO WAIT AND be calm your VISA number will be available after 12 years. its mean at June 2014

Edited by pak2002

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the prompt reply. :)

However I still have some confusion.

1. How can we predict that by end of 12 years of my number will come? I am sorry but I don't have any idea how this works.

2. By getting married my point was can they find out if I don't register my marriage legally? I don't intend to cheat but just out of curiosity.

3. The most worrying question. As I mentioned my other aunts who were petitioned two months before us got there Amos and other documents in 2010 but not us. Can there be some problem with processing?

Timeline

Thanks for the prompt reply. smile.png

However I still have some confusion.

1. How can we predict that by end of 12 years of my number will come? I am sorry but I don't have any idea how this works.

It usually takes 12 years for the petition to be current.Its just an rough estimate.

2. By getting married my point was can they find out if I don't register my marriage legally? I don't intend to cheat but just out of curiosity.

They cant find out unless someone informs the embassy.Dont get married;wait for your turn to mature.

3. The most worrying question. As I mentioned my other aunts who were petitioned two months before us got there Amos and other documents in 2010 but not us. Can there be some problem with processing?

If you think there is some problem;i suggest you should contact NVC for your case update.

Either call: 603-334-0700 (7:00 am EST to 12:00 pm EST) or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

You should have your case no.; petitioners name and d.o.b and applicants name and d.o.b to contact them.

Thanks.

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.