5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my pd is 12 dec 2000 ,but im still not in USA , tired of waiting and checking visa bulletin evry month :huh2::dead:

My PD is 20 Nov 2000, I got interview letter in Jan 2011, but I haven't got visa yet.

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I have a very important question. I have waited long enough for this imigration process and dont see any more hope.Now my son has already completed his highschool(12th grade) , and could not join his college this fall 2011 ,since nobody expected the retrogession. Im planning to send him the USA on a f1 student visa for the next spring session i.e Jan 2012. My question is ,is this possible to go on a f1 student visa having a pending immigration process. And in that case when our pd is current and we are called for an intervie, can he come back and switch to the immigrant visa and return to USA again?

P.S- i took this decision because i dont want him to have a break of study and i cant rely on this immigration ,since nothings fixed when will nvc call us for intervview.

Help :crying:

PD is 12 DEC 2000

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a very important question. I have waited long enough for this imigration process and dont see any more hope.Now my son has already completed his highschool(12th grade) , and could not join his college this fall 2011 ,since nobody expected the retrogession. Im planning to send him the USA on a f1 student visa for the next spring session i.e Jan 2012. My question is ,is this possible to go on a f1 student visa having a pending immigration process. And in that case when our pd is current and we are called for an intervie, can he come back and switch to the immigrant visa and return to USA again?

P.S- i took this decision because i dont want him to have a break of study and i cant rely on this immigration ,since nothings fixed when will nvc call us for intervview.

Help :crying:

Why cry...? when you depend on US Immigration you will be disappointed. We are in the same process with my brother but it isn't that crucial... best case scenario is the child attending college where he/she lives hence no breakage.

Anyone with a pending petition at any stage can apply for the student/F1 visa. The interview is conducted at the local US embassy once the prospective student completes the requirements. If the I-20 interview is approved and your son is in status in the USA then he could adjust status after the principal applicant enters.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

i know its best to study in my country and eventually he has to go the usa and start college again. Moreover there isnt any good universities here where you can transfer college credits, so eventually he will have to start being a freshmen there.anyways thanks ricardo ,this f4 stands stills again this month ! hope Allah bless us all

PD is 12 DEC 2000

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,,

another inquiry..

The NVC has a new letter for us.. It says:

Dear (Beneficiary's Name):

Please provide us with the current email address for your attorney for record,

We will update your case record when we receive the updated email address. Case Number: ____

Petitioner's Name: _____

Principla's Applicant Name: _______

Preference Category: F4 - Brothers and Sisters of US Citizens

Priority Date: 04OCT1989

Foreign State Chargeability: PHILIPPINES

U.S Embassy/ COnsulate General: MANILA

What does it mean? Why do we need to have a lawyer? It means acquiring a lawyer will cause us again a money. Why is it like this? It's my first time to hear this. Please help us.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! :) newbie here. My application's PD is January 1989, and it became current last July 2010. As per the reply of the NVC to my email, I am already "documentarily qualified". Now with the retrogression and all, I confused because the current PD as of June 2011 is May1988. I've been waiting for more or less 4 months now and I am still hoping to recieve an appointment schedule. I would like to know if I will be able to recieve an appointment schedule anytime soon.

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Godbless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.