moroccogirlny

Citizenship From Birth

324 posts in this topic

Immigrants in the U.S. are a lot more integrated than ones in Western Europe, particularly for the second and third generation descendants.

Here's an interesting piece from 2006: (Soren Kern)

If Demographics is Destiny, Europe Won't Be Running the 21st Century

Here is an even better source of information from 2007, regarding all immigrants:

• Of adult immigrants, 31 percent have not completed high school, compared to 8 percent of natives. Since 2000, immigration increased the number of workers without a high school diploma by 14 percent, and all other workers by 3 percent.
  • The proportion of immigrant-headed households using at least one major welfare program is 33 percent, compared to 19 percent for native households.
  • The poverty rate for immigrants and their U.S.-born children (under 18) is 17 percent, nearly 50 percent higher than the rate for natives and their children.
  • 34 percent of immigrants lack health insurance, compared to 13 percent of natives. Immigrants and their U.S.-born children account for 71 percent of the increase in the uninsured since 1989.
  • Immigration accounts for virtually all of the national increase in public school enrollment over the last two decades. In 2007, there were 10.8 million school-age children from immigrant families in the United States.
  • Overall, nearly one in three immigrants is an illegal alien. Half of Mexican and Central American immigrants and one-third of South American immigrants are illegal.

Source: http://www.cis.org/articles/2007/back1007.html

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is an even better source of information from 2007, regarding all immigrants:

Source: http://www.cis.org/a...7/back1007.html

Better source? Hardly. The Center for Immigration Studies is an anti-immigration think tank.

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is a non-profit research organization that advocates immigration reduction in the United States.

How can they 'take it up' if no country will give them citizenship? 12 million stateless people in the world today, many of whom don't qualify as refugees. And I'm willing to bet that near zero of them are descendants of U.S. citizens. We don't have a problem here with statelessness because of jus soli.

Let me ask you - your family came to Australia from Greece, correct? Were you born in Greece or in Australia?

Australia. Folks migrated legally to Australia, then after many years of being a PR, became citizens. Had my folks jumped ship, I would not expect Australia to grant me anything. Under Greek law, I would qualify for Greek citizenship. Once again, it's not Australia's responsibility to figure out the laws of 180 countries.

That said, had my parents simply jumped ship, they would have enough common sense to be aware of the risks they are taking and the burden they are placing on their children or future children. They only people who do get some leeway or those classified as refugees. Even then, they begin by qualifying for for a PR first, which subsequently entitles any future kids born in AUS to be classed as citizens. For everyone else, without a PR or a parent who is a citizenship, they have to take immigration matters up with their home country.

The other thing about Australia though is that you cannot function in a society without residency checks. Residency checks are mandatory in every step when dealing with the government.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Better source? Hardly. The Center for Immigration Studies is an anti-immigration think tank.

Come on dude. You cannot always attack the source without listening to what they have to say.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that the majority of people jumping border are low-skilled, which means uneducated and welfare dependent. What do you think happened to the people following the last Amnesty? That is the way the cookie crumbles and why no first world country accepts them anymore. The other logical reason is was best summarized by Mark Krikorian:

"But one statistic that seems to me should have garnered more attention is that among Mexican immigrant households — by far the largest immigrant group — half are on welfare. This isn't because they're plotting to rip us off, but because they're 19th century workers in a 21st century economy, and simply don't have the tools to support themselves. The result is government-subsidized immigration, with taxpayers footing the bill for all this "cheap" labor."

Edited by Heracles

Source: http://www.cis.org/articles/2007/back1007.html

Hahaha

CIS was started in 1985 by a Michigan ophthalmologist named John Tanton — a man known for his racist statements about Latinos, his decades-long flirtation with white nationalists and Holocaust deniers, and his publication of ugly racist materials.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Timeline

Come on dude. You cannot always attack the source without listening to what they have to say.

A think tank whose aim is to reduce immigration in the U.S. is not a good source for unbiased reports on immigration.

A think tank whose aim is to reduce immigration in the U.S. is not a good source for unbiased reports on immigration.

So what is a good source then? Latin American immigration groups like La Raza that claim it's good, just because.

Timeline

So what is a good source then? Latin American immigration groups like La Raza that claim it's good, just because.

Try some of these:

Immigration Policy Center

American Constitution Society

Brookings Institute

Hercules, that is a problem with hot topics like this. It becomes almost impossible to find unbiased sources. You have to look at any source with skeptical eyes.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a reminder to watch it with the personal attacks and insults. They really add nothing to the discussion.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hercules, that is a problem with hot topics like this. It becomes almost impossible to find unbiased sources. You have to look at any source with skeptical eyes.

Agreed. The best way is to present the data on its own. Like quantifying what percentage of immigrants are receiving welfare payments. What percentage of immigrant's children receive free and reduced lunch etc etc etc. There lies the problem, as trying to find data on things like this is almost impossible. Conveniently many who push these amnesties don't exactly like collecting data of any sort. Consequently, when private groups collect the data, it becomes biased or racist.

Edited by Heracles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Try some of these:

Immigration Policy Center

board of directors includes an immigration attorney (gee i can't see what he'd get outta this), an attorney specializing in insurance (can't see what he'd get outta it either), and another immigration attorney. how surprising!

The American Constitution Society for Law and Policy (ACS) describes itself as a liberal progressive legal organization to promote the U.S. Constitutional values of "individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, access to justice, democracy and the rule of law."

(that's from wikipedia, btw)

the Brookings Institute is the principal Democratic Party think-tank and all issues, and it is a place where "politicians in-waiting" can bide their time until the next election.

(sourcewatch)

some sources :rolleyes:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

board of directors includes an immigration attorney (gee i can't see what he'd get outta this), an attorney specializing in insurance (can't see what he'd get outta it either), and another immigration attorney. how surprising!

The American Constitution Society for Law and Policy (ACS) describes itself as a liberal progressive legal organization to promote the U.S. Constitutional values of "individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, access to justice, democracy and the rule of law."

(that's from wikipedia, btw)

the Brookings Institute is the principal Democratic Party think-tank and all issues, and it is a place where "politicians in-waiting" can bide their time until the next election.

(sourcewatch)

some sources :rolleyes:

How about these, Mr. Smith?

Immigration History Research Center

Pew Research Center on Immigration

Center for Comparative Immigration Studies

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Immigrants in the U.S. are a lot more integrated than ones in Western Europe, particularly for the second and third generation descendants.

just saying, i have filipino friends, hispanic friends and since i work in tech indian friends. when i go to events large and small i'm the only white guy there and i'm in melting pot california. go to any school during lunch and for the most part you'll see all the kids SELF segregated by culture so not even the younger folks are mingling when they can avoid it.

americans do work together well, but after work, cultures aren't mingling.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.