^_^

Pawlenty: Mosque 'Anywhere Near' Ground Zero Would 'Degrade Or Disrespect' Hallowed Ground

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Pawlenty left the mosque matter alone until coming out against the now-approved plan when asked about it for this story.

"I'm strongly opposed to the idea of putting a mosque anywhere near Ground Zero-I think it's inappropriate," he said. "I believe that 3,000 of our fellow innocent citizens were killed in that area, and some ways from a patriotic standpoint, it's hallowed ground, it's sacred ground, and we should respect that. We shouldn't have images or activities that degrade or disrespect that in any way."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/pawlenty-mosque-near-ground-zero-would-degrade-or-disrespect-hallowed-ground.php?ref=fpi

This helps his chances to be the Republican nominee.

He might get onto the short list, but I doubt that someone with such views would become the nominee, but then again...

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

He might get onto the short list, but I doubt that.

There's no chance he can beat Palin. She was out in front of this issue right at the beginning.

Sarah Palin 'Refudiates' Ground Zero Mosque

July 19, 2010

"Peace-seeking Muslims, pls understand. Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in the interest of healing," the former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate tweeted on Sunday.

In another message, she wrote, "Peaceful New Yorkers, pls refute the Ground Zero mosque plan if you believe catastrophic pain caused @ Twin Towers site is too raw, too real."

Palin's tweets themselves became the subject of headlines as she stumbled through an initial tweet, urging New Yorkers to "refudiate" the mosque project.

Just thought about the diplomatic mess our nice right of center PM is getting us into with the Pakistani president; Asif Ali Zardari called his comments childish ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He might get onto the short list, but I doubt that someone with such views would become the nominee, but then again...

He'd have my vote, but I swore not to vote for any Republican-Democrat regimers ever again.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just hoping if it gets built it gets obliterated off the face of the earth..... just my 2 cents though.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope not - that would be bad PR.

bad PR is the 9/11/11 date and the involvement with this Mosque.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

bad PR is the 9/11/11 date and the involvement with this Mosque.

Maybe they'll hire some Mexicans to build it using substandard materials and cutting

corners on safety and the damn thing will collapse without any help. :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

TOS violation noted.

This topic is not consistent with the Visa Journey TOS, therefore it is closed.

Political rhetoric threads that breach the TOS will be closed every time.