15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

11/02/09 - package arrive in vermont

11/09/09 - received I 797C in mail (extension for a year)

11/16/09 received letter for fingerprinting

12/04/09 - FP appointment Done

marriage certificate

joint bank account statements

rent leases

pictures

baby birthcertificate

car insurance

blue cross insurance

tax return

water, power , cable , phone & internet bill

this thing is getting to my head now 9 month. call them

they say nothing is wrong but it could take one year,i

think this ting is a race ting

Timeline

So, have you done infopass or not?

i was planning to do that but not anymore because they keep telling me when

i call nothing is wrong it could take 1 year so am not waisting my time 6 hour

both ways drive to hear that again .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

i was planning to do that but not anymore because they keep telling me when

i call nothing is wrong it could take 1 year so am not waisting my time 6 hour

both ways drive to hear that again .

The 1800 number is famously known as the misinformation line. They are only able to see the thing you see online. Try having them transferring you to an immigration officer who would have more information to your file. Insist to talk to one.

If nothing comes out of it, I would definitely make an infopass appointment (even though it is a 6 hours drive each way). They should be able to let you know what is the hold up. Make your plea in person...Ask them if the background check is the hold up.

Last resort is to get your congressman involved.

Good luck.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline

The 1800 number is famously known as the misinformation line. They are only able to see the thing you see online. Try having them transferring you to an immigration officer who would have more information to your file. Insist to talk to one.

If nothing comes out of it, I would definitely make an infopass appointment (even though it is a 6 hours drive each way). They should be able to let you know what is the hold up. Make your plea in person...Ask them if the background check is the hold up.

Last resort is to get your congressman involved.

Good luck.

i have talk to a officer more than 4 time they told me they dont see nothing wrong

& it could take up to a year . i even got my congressman involved more than 40 days now

Timeline

Oh wow, I am sorry to hear that.

Did your congressman also say he/she was told it could take up to a year?

Timeline

Oh wow, I am sorry to hear that.

Did your congressman also say he/she was told it could take up to a year?

congressman office say the gonna call when they hear something but nothing all now

Timeline

Have you tried calling your congressman and asking for an update? When a congressman makes a request on behalf of one of its constituents, USCIS must reply very quickly. Waiting over a month sounds very unusual. I would try calling them and see if they heard anything.

MArk!! we are on the same track, What is a congressman? and how can I involve one into my case I also see that my case will be longer than the 6 months that it already have, they do not give nothing of information. :angry:

Jan/21/10---- Application Received

Feb/11/10---- Biometrics Taken

March/12/10-- One Yr. Extension Received

March/23/10-- Green Card Expired

June/26/10--- Updated date in USCIS Portfolio

June/29/10--- Place Service Request

July/30/10--- Place 2nd Service Request

Sept/07/2010== Place 3rd Service Request

Sept/27/2010==EMAIL received post decision activity, green card apprived.

catcatsdg20070115_-8_My+Aaron+is.png

dev073pr___.png

Timeline

MArk!! we are on the same track, What is a congressman? and how can I involve one into my case I also see that my case will be longer than the 6 months that it already have, they do not give nothing of information. :angry:

First step is usually an infopass. Congressman is your local member of congress. You can contact them when you need help with a federal agency. It is usually a last resort when all other avenues have failed. You google your local congressman, follow their instructions and they will get ahold of USCIS on your behalf to see what is going on.

A congressman is a federal government representative for the House of Congress. Sometimes it is also used for your Senator. I would contact both as some aides are much faster than others. It is normally best if the USC does the contacting.

Contact them by phone, email, or in person and the office can explain what you need to do to start an inquiry.

Here is a link to find your local congressman: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I concur with all that is said. Get infopass, and while you are at it, get your passport stamped with I-551 extension for an additional year.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

9 months is too long. I am sorry to know of your suffering. Unfortunately many of us have to walk through it. I myself was a victim of such a long wait and used to think racism and discrimination was involved. Call the 1-800 number and place a service request immediately. Also schedule an infopass and speak to them face to face. During my AOS period, I would schedule an infopass every 3 weeks until a decision was made. I involved my congressman and the Senator and both their offices confirmed my AOS approval before I heard from the USCIS, meaning they are helpful indeed, if they want to help you. Good luck and we are all here for you.

IR5 For Parent

Timeline

Have you tried calling your congressman and asking for an update? When a congressman makes a request on behalf of one of its constituents, USCIS must reply very quickly. Waiting over a month sounds very unusual. I would try calling them and see if they heard anything.

call congressman again friday all they hear is that the case is in reviewing and that they

send a one year extension

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.