Zeban

OF COURSE! The local Indian police department wants something that is RANDOM!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My local indian police department where my wife lives wants an "attested copy of the DS3032 from the Indian Consulate in order to issue a local PCC"

The problem is, the Chicago indian consulate SUCKS. They never pick up the phone.

Beyond that, ive been calling continuously for 1 hour, so they pick up the phone and hang it up. 8 times now!

I dont even know if they will attest a copy of my wifes DS-3032.

Any ideas?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don't think they will. By the way what state and city is that police station is located in.? This is ridiculuous ..... NVC and USCIS is not enough and now this......

DS-3032 doesn't say anything about getting PCC, and police station people don't even know about what DS-3032 is.....than why are they requesting it ? Instead take a print out of the page from dept. of state website where it says the country specific police certificate requirement.

Or Else, try contacting PASSPORT OFFICE, after all all you need is passport clearance certificate at the time of interview. Ask passport office to give document checklist that goes with the application of passport clearance certificate.

Edited by kruz_patz

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

At times, it appears that these fangled rules and regulations are thought up as they go along.

Hey Constable! How's your day going?

Constable: Not so good. Wife's giving me hard time about lack of onions.

I'm sorry to hear that. What are you going to do now?

Constable: I'm going to make a person's life that much more difficult by requiring attested DS form

You go, guy!

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Timeline

The reason they do not answer the phone is because of the stupid rule that came out about surrendering old Indian passports. They have a much heavier call volume now with people wanting to Surrender, get OCI status and PIO status and they cannot handle it - so they simply decide to stop answering the phone so they can deal with the herd that comes to the counter on a daily basis.

I have been able to successfully email the Indian Consulate with all types of questions about PIO, OCI and Surrender Certificate questions - they usually reply within 1 day or at most 2 days.

In my experience, the best time for you to go to any Indian Consulate to get something done would be around 12 noon on any weekday because there should be less people around that time. Also any Friday at around 12 noon should be even less traffic because of the weekend.

Be prepared to wait in line though because you never know. You should inquire with them whether they attest the document the same day or if they have a waiting period of a few days or weeks before you get the attested document back.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

At times, it appears that these fangled rules and regulations are thought up as they go along.

Constable: I'm going to make a person's life that much more difficult by requiring attested DS form

You go, guy!

Hahahahahaha...that cracked me up...thanks for the laugh, Indigo!

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I do not think any District police station would require DS3020/230 form in order to issue PCC. I got local PCC from three districts in Haryana and they asked only residence proof and ID's.

agree with R & S... are you sure they asked this? tell them its all online...give the print out of the email/pdf from nvc and print outs from dept. of state website..

way too ridiculous.. perhaps he just mean- give me some service charge, bud!

Timeline

I don't think they will. By the way what state and city is that police station is located in.? This is ridiculuous ..... NVC and USCIS is not enough and now this......

DS-3032 doesn't say anything about getting PCC, and police station people don't even know about what DS-3032 is.....than why are they requesting it ? Instead take a print out of the page from dept. of state website where it says the country specific police certificate requirement.

Or Else, try contacting PASSPORT OFFICE, after all all you need is passport clearance certificate at the time of interview. Ask passport office to give document checklist that goes with the application of passport clearance certificate.

Here is the funny thing. I have already gotten my RPO, took 2 months, i had an agent get it for me. Taken care of. So no worries there, the local pcc is a bigger hassle than the local.

You go, guy!

Yes... this is the way it works, i TRULY believe that

The reason they do not answer the phone is because of the stupid rule that came out about surrendering old Indian passports. They have a much heavier call volume now with people wanting to Surrender, get OCI status and PIO status and they cannot handle it - so they simply decide to stop answering the phone so they can deal with the herd that comes to the counter on a daily basis.

I have been able to successfully email the Indian Consulate with all types of questions about PIO, OCI and Surrender Certificate questions - they usually reply within 1 day or at most 2 days.

In my experience, the best time for you to go to any Indian Consulate to get something done would be around 12 noon on any weekday because there should be less people around that time. Also any Friday at around 12 noon should be even less traffic because of the weekend.

Be prepared to wait in line though because you never know. You should inquire with them whether they attest the document the same day or if they have a waiting period of a few days or weeks before you get the attested document back.

Dude they are always BUSY! I took your advice ( im not blaming you, it just so happened that thats when i had to go) so i went there and arrived at 8:48 am. And of course the stupid Chicago meters dont give you more than2 hours ($5.00) per transaction, we dont put quarters in there we have to use this little kiosk and display a ticket. Anyway, i get there, it was #933 when i got there, my number was #970. HOLY #######. I waited and was on the phone with my wife the entire time, from 848 till 1150 when my number was called. I finally went to the counter and saw the same guy i used to when i was a kid, nervously i said "ji" "ji" hes like, why are you saying yes to everything, answer what im talking about. lol i was like (i dont know ####### your saying) i couldnt hear him, i had my face on the glass!

Anyway i just laughed it off, he showed my Ds3032 to the lady who does the attestation, she is like no im not doing this bla bla. So i said LOOK. I want my wife to come here, im not asking you to give me the entire world, im just asking for a red stamp so i could get my wife a LOCAL PCC! frustrated. So he was like OK let me talk to the Head of the indian consulate and see what he does. EVERYBODY IS SO FRIKKIN RUDE!

I call he Head police guy with the ACP the guy who clears the passports, somehow he has befriended me, so that was kinda nice, so i called him, and hes like those guys are nuts, why wont they attest it and hes getting all pissed off. BTW he sent me an email requesting it, and told me to take it to the consulate, it had his signature and Hyderabad Police Special branch bla bla in it. So they took that email.

I wait from 1155- 1225 and they come and find me, but get this i saw this lady come from inside the consulate right, and i said excuse me, and she basically tells me go away i am busy just go away. i was like(a**hole) i said it loud enough so about 10 people could here. She was pissing me off.

Finally this little indian guy is having a heart attack and telling everyone to sit down, everyone is like ####### there are no chairs, why the hell would we be standing! so for a crowd of 75 people, he brought out one chair. looool

Finally 2- lol

The head guy comes, man that guy was so nice, so calm what a an awesome guy. He said why do they need this, and where is the original, at this point im so desperate for my wife to come to the states, my eyes start to water very slightly, i said,

"sir, i just want my wife to come to the US, if i dont get this there, this will delay my wife coming by 4 months. Possibly more. I have sent the original to the NVC in Portsmouth NH, this is the DOS. You are more than welcome to contact them, they have recieved it. I just need this attested, so i can give this to this officer, and he can clear my wifes passport." he started writing some numbers on my form with a pen and gave it back to that same clerk, he said OK and said dont come back today, come again another day to pick it up. He kept my US passport and give me a ticket and said DONT LOSE THE TICKET.

I said thank you very very much. Hes like dont thank me, i am thank you for waiting, im really sorry you had to wait. I happily walked out, made it to my car 3 minuted before getting a $100 ticket.

However, i dont know if that means they are going to attest it or research it. Insha Allah they will just attest it.

I do not think any District police station would require DS3020/230 form in order to issue PCC. I got local PCC from three districts in Haryana and they asked only residence proof and ID's.

They ask for ALOT of stuff for my wife.

I had to make it seem like they wanted the PCC was super official. So i took the cover sheet of my AOS and combined it with the PDF of the websites requirement for Local PCC. There my wife highlighted it and gave it to him, plus i also emailed the officer. My wife submitted all the documents and now they are just waiting for an email of the attested document. She has an interview for the local PCC on tuesday or Thursday.

agree with R & S... are you sure they asked this? tell them its all online...give the print out of the email/pdf from nvc and print outs from dept. of state website..

way too ridiculous.. perhaps he just mean- give me some service charge, bud!

I havent had to pay him a single cent. Hes just wanting the documents. Hes saying its very strict for the USA.

Hes the same officer who cleared my wifes passport for the RPO, so he knows my wife and my father in law. hes really been helping me out, and if it means he just wants this stupid attested thing instead of a NVC RFE i will be more than happy to give it to him since it will be expediting my case for about 20+ days. (i figure 11-15 days to process RFE, 15 days to get PCC)

I am doing whatever i can to get my wife here ASAP.

Timeline

Zeban I am so sorry this is happening to you and your wife. Your trip the consulate sounds like a nightmare.

What day are you scheduled to go back - it should be written on that ticket they gave you - hopefully you will get your attested DS3032 on that day.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

I have never heard anything like this where Ds3032 needs to be attested for PCC, I just did mine month or so back from Mumbai and thye did not need anything other then my residence proof and identity proof. Initially they had asked me why I need it and that they would need a letter from embassy for it, but when I went to turn all the documents (I had just kept a print out of the page which says you need PCC) but the police never asked for it, they just asked me for which country I need and thats it.

I did not had to pay a single rupee other then the regular processing fee of Rs.100 and thats it, the only bad part of this whole thing of doing it by yourself without agent was they took full 20 days as described in their process.

But Mumbai police gave me the PCC right on the date they had promised me from the time they took my documents.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Guys, I think if the PCC gives hard time it is time to get an agent who can get things cleared fast and smooth. After all what matters is that your spouse be with u. I myself am in a lot of stress since the Job/Economy and fear ot loosing.

I pray to God that my spouses visa gets processed before any thing siginificant.

I dont know why there is so much problem is life when we try to come here in a legal fashion.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This is ridiculous. I can't believe you guys are getting the usual BS run-around.

Man.

My local PS PCC took 3 weeks. All they needed was my class 10 certificate, marriage certificate, copy of my passport and copy of my USC husband's passport.

I did the RPO PCC through an agent--took exactly 7 days. They needed the form, two pictures, a copy of the local PCC, and my passport. Obviously.

The only time I had to deal with the RPO is getting my husband's name listed under 'SPOUSE'S NAME' -- took 24 hours and that's only because my dad knows some high-up officials in the West Bengal government. They (the folk at the RPO) were ready to be immensely rude to me until I started throwing some names around. THEN the whole thing took less than 10 minutes. It was bloody ridiculous.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Zeban I am so sorry this is happening to you and your wife. Your trip the consulate sounds like a nightmare.

What day are you scheduled to go back - it should be written on that ticket they gave you - hopefully you will get your attested DS3032 on that day.

Thanks Bobby. Im scheduled to go back to get my MEA certified RPO today, but my wife said it was Bonal. I dont know what that is, but she just said its an indian holiday. I wish i had a list of these holidays because she wasted a trip. 80rps each way man. its not much but every penny counts.

I have never heard anything like this where Ds3032 needs to be attested for PCC, I just did mine month or so back from Mumbai and thye did not need anything other then my residence proof and identity proof. Initially they had asked me why I need it and that they would need a letter from embassy for it, but when I went to turn all the documents (I had just kept a print out of the page which says you need PCC) but the police never asked for it, they just asked me for which country I need and thats it.

I did not had to pay a single rupee other then the regular processing fee of Rs.100 and thats it, the only bad part of this whole thing of doing it by yourself without agent was they took full 20 days as described in their process.

But Mumbai police gave me the PCC right on the date they had promised me from the time they took my documents.

i wish it was just as simple as this. This is just a nightmare. But i have good news. see further down.

Guys, I think if the PCC gives hard time it is time to get an agent who can get things cleared fast and smooth. After all what matters is that your spouse be with u. I myself am in a lot of stress since the Job/Economy and fear ot loosing.

I pray to God that my spouses visa gets processed before any thing siginificant.

I dont know why there is so much problem is life when we try to come here in a legal fashion.

The officer told me, forget the agents, i will get it for you in a couple days, i just need these documents, these agents are stupid, they just come in and see me once and think they are so very amazing at what they do. he said drop the middle man.

To get my wifes RPO i paid 6k rupees. I think i got ripped off and it took 2 months, mainly because my wife doesnt share a surname with her father.

I am praying the same thing, there is alot of stress under everyone

This is ridiculous. I can't believe you guys are getting the usual BS run-around.

Man.

My local PS PCC took 3 weeks. All they needed was my class 10 certificate, marriage certificate, copy of my passport and copy of my USC husband's passport.

I did the RPO PCC through an agent--took exactly 7 days. They needed the form, two pictures, a copy of the local PCC, and my passport. Obviously.

The only time I had to deal with the RPO is getting my husband's name listed under 'SPOUSE'S NAME' -- took 24 hours and that's only because my dad knows some high-up officials in the West Bengal government. They (the folk at the RPO) were ready to be immensely rude to me until I started throwing some names around. THEN the whole thing took less than 10 minutes. It was bloody ridiculous.

Ridiculous is true. Frankly im sick of it, neither my wife or me want to go back to india once she comes back, ever. maybe once, but never! lol

Anyways

See this thread for those who havent gotten local PCC yet.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/269059-india-great-news-but-i-dont-want-to-get-your-hopes-up-but-i-do-cuz-mine-are-up/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.