4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello there! Im completing everything for adjustment of status and still confused on what to do with I-693, I had my medical exam in Jakarta before i come here, however no vaccination done since i have had it when i was at young age, my question do i still need to have medical exam here in US for my AOS application? Should i show my medical result to the civil surgeon here and from that he or she can decide what other vaccinations are required. Need your advice, thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello there! Im completing everything for adjustment of status and still confused on what to do with I-693, I had my medical exam in Jakarta before i come here, however no vaccination done since i have had it when i was at young age, my question do i still need to have medical exam here in US for my AOS application? Should i show my medical result to the civil surgeon here and from that he or she can decide what other vaccinations are required. Need your advice, thanks!

I don't think you need to full i-693 medical.

I know that if you have your DS 3025, you can take that to the CS and have the CS transfer the info onto a I-693a which is a vaccination supplement.

But if you don't have that, or any vaccination records at all, yes, the CS will tell you what you need.

Or you can also find out yourself what you need and get them ahead of time and just get the CS to copy the info onto the i-693.

There is a link to a webpage on the i-693 intructions that tells you where to find the list of required vaccines.

Depending on your age you might only need a couple shots..

Good luck

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't think you need to full i-693 medical.

I know that if you have your DS 3025, you can take that to the CS and have the CS transfer the info onto a I-693a which is a vaccination supplement.

But if you don't have that, or any vaccination records at all, yes, the CS will tell you what you need.

Or you can also find out yourself what you need and get them ahead of time and just get the CS to copy the info onto the i-693.

There is a link to a webpage on the i-693 intructions that tells you where to find the list of required vaccines.

Depending on your age you might only need a couple shots..

Good luck

There is no such form as a I-693A "vaccination supplement". There was, but now is not. Posting that it exists confuses people.

OP - See the CS and take your DS-3025 with you. Ask her what shots you need. You should be permitted to leave and get the shots elsewhere (where they might be cheaper) and then return to the CS with proof of the shots to have them written into Part 2 (vaccination table) of the form I-693 (you will need to complete Part 1 (about you), and the CS will need to sign Part 5. Or you can just have the shots at the CS's office, might be more expensive but I doubt by too much.

Yes, but its mostly to make sure your required vaccinations are current. Getting vaccinations at a clinic can be expensive, especially if you don't have insurance. Retail clinics like MinuteClinic are a good alternative (But they may not offer all vaccinations)

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.