LeslienScott

Next batch of K1's waiting for interview in MTL

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

At this point I'll do anything - make me own, have one assigned, just as long as I get a date soon!!

haha ya i know how that was!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

My first post and since many of all of your post helped me, I thought it was my turn :) .

I just got my P4 and I could confirm that we are choosing our date for the interview. Got the P4 in mail today and the soonest date I could pick was October 12. In the P4 it gives a priority date (mine was March 2009???) to book your interview... The days available to choose were only in the month of October with a couple of days not available to pick within October. I chose October 28 since I have to get my home ready to be sold and my medical done.

Cheers,

Marc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the info Marc...

We found out today that they sent Package 4 on the 7th. The woman at DOS said it was the "GSS version" which I guess is the new one.

Can anybody tell us what is in that package. Is it just a link and instructions? Do we have to wait to receive it before we schedule our interview?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

2010-01-10 : I-129F Sent

2010-02-05 : I-129F NOA1 Received

2010-04-27 : I-129F NOA2 Received

2010-05-01 : NVC Received

2010-05-10 : Consulate Received

2010-06-01 : Packet 3 Received

2010-07-16 : Packet 3 Sent (6 weeks later, so it skews the time line a bit)

2010-07-22 : Packet 3 Logged

2010-09-07 : Packet 4 Sent

2010-09-14 : Packet 4 Received

2010-10-26 : Interview Date (Approved!!!)

2010-??-?? : POE

The P4 consists of only 3 pages of things that mostly we already know (fees: $350, what papers to bring at the interview, what is prohibited inside the Consulate and that we will receive the passport with the visa by the nearest DHL courier). What I believe that is new is the link (http://canada.usvisa-info.com/) to schedule the interview. My guess is that the Consulate needs to associate to your case number the right to schedule an interview before you could do so. In other words, we still ending up having to wait for the P4 for an interview date that you chose. Personally, I really appreciate the flexibility.

When you go to the site above and click Log In, it says "All fees paid within this site are non-refundable." I didn't see anywhere to pay a fee through the site. For K-1's, for now, I assume this is still done in person at the interview; can anyone confirm this?

BTW to everyone fretting over slow mail, you don't need the P4 in hand to schedule your interview! Once you know it's been sent, you have a priority date as mentioned above so you're in the system and able to schedule. You need your Passport Number, Case Number, and to know which DHL Branch you want to handle your passport. :)

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Oct 13 at 8 a.m......whew!

jken! We have the same date and time! See you there!!! :D

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

I have a strong suspicion things are moving again in Montreal.

A few CR1's have gotten interview dates!! YAY, they have been waiting what seems like forever!!! It's great to see things moving for everyone.

Just wanted to post more good news!! :)

Timeline

I have a strong suspicion things are moving again in Montreal.

A few CR1's have gotten interview dates!! YAY, they have been waiting what seems like forever!!! It's great to see things moving for everyone.

Just wanted to post more good news!! :)

I'm still keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for some good news. Day 77...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sooo....I called DOS today and they said as of yesterday i was "ELIGABLE" to get an appointment for MTL. But that they will mail the instructions to me ONE month prior to the date of my appointment and that this will take "months" to get to me. I was under the impression we could now book our own appointments online. Seems like every time i call there i get a different answer. And everytime they tell me months it is done in a week. Anyone know what is really going on and if i can really book my own appointment. I would hate to wait for the letter and prolong the appointment date for nothing.

Vermont Service Centre

Montreal Consulate

11-16-2004 - Met online and started chatting

12-29-2004 - Met in person and spent New Years together

I-129F Sent 5-01-2010

NOA1 5-17-2010

I-129F RFE 6-30-2010

RFE Reply 8-05-2010

NOA2 8-18-2010

NVC recv'd 8-20-2010

NVC left 8-23-2010

MTL recv'd 9-01-2010

ENGAGED 9-04-2010

Pack 3 recv 9-11-2010

Pack 3 sent 9-21-2010

Pack 3 logged 9-28-2010

Pack 4 recv'd 10-6-2010

Interview Date 01-14-2011

APPROVED 01-14-2011

POE Buffalo 03-06-2011

Wedding 05-02-2011

AOS 05-12-2011

Biometrics 06-17-2011

Timeline

Sooo....I called DOS today and they said as of yesterday i was "ELIGABLE" to get an appointment for MTL. But that they will mail the instructions to me ONE month prior to the date of my appointment and that this will take "months" to get to me. I was under the impression we could now book our own appointments online. Seems like every time i call there i get a different answer. And everytime they tell me months it is done in a week. Anyone know what is really going on and if i can really book my own appointment. I would hate to wait for the letter and prolong the appointment date for nothing.

Montreal seems to be randomly sending P4s. Some people have them sent a month after their P3 is logged, some others (like me) wait over 80 days to have their P4. We are now booking our own appointments online. The second last person I talked to at DOS didn't know this was happening either... the information you get all depends on the person you talk to (and the day you speak to them!). Be patient, it will come! (and if you're like me and only see your SO every 3 months or so, buy more kleenex!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow sounds like MTL really has their act together these days huh? Exciting.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.