LeslienScott

Next batch of K1's waiting for interview in MTL

179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I jsut got off the phone and got a different answer from teh same lady Iw as talking to yesterday...whether or not it is accurate who knows BUT she said that they mailed me a letter, and apparently the consulate mailed out these letters for us to scheduale our own interview dates?!?!?!?!?! Has this ever been done before?

Timeline

Same response again here lol:

There was a change of some sort at all embassies effective Sept 1st, but I'm fairly positive it only applies to other types of visas (non-immigrant perhaps?) for which you could always schedule your own interview (regarding paying for PINs, etc). I don't think this effects K-1s at all.

Here's the link:

Link

Edited by Jess and Andrew

AOS/EAD/AP

Filing Location: Chicago Lockbox

Local USCIS Office: Philadelphia, PA

AOS/EAD/AP Package Sent: 2010-12-06

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2010-12-14

RFE(s):

AOS Case Transferred to CSC: 2010-01-14

Biometrics Letter Received: UNDELIVERABLE--hopefully will be resent soon

Biometrics Appointment:

www.justputitinwriting.blogspot.com

Timeline

I know I posted it in 2 places...cuz I figured it might be seen by more K1s in a new thread...and that you guys may have had the same answer from someone as DOS...sorry for giving double work :P

Just reading the link that Jess and Andrew provided

there is another link noted on that page,

http://www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas

it states

Fiancé(e) (K) visas are not included in this section because they are nonimmigrant visas that are often processed by the immigrant visa unit. Information on this type of visa is included with the other nonimmigrant visa

Am i wrong to think we won't be scheduling our own interviews based on this information??

What do you all think?? :)

Timeline

Just reading the link that Jess and Andrew provided

there is another link noted on that page,

http://www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas

it states

Fiancé(e) (K) visas are not included in this section because they are nonimmigrant visas that are often processed by the immigrant visa unit. Information on this type of visa is included with the other nonimmigrant visa

Am i wrong to think we won't be scheduling our own interviews based on this information??

What do you all think?? :)

I think that's exactly correct--K1s are still going to be processed like immigrant visas--I believe non-immigrant visas always could schedule their own interviews, and will continue to do so, just with a slightly different system. We should have dates assigned in our packet 4s!

AOS/EAD/AP

Filing Location: Chicago Lockbox

Local USCIS Office: Philadelphia, PA

AOS/EAD/AP Package Sent: 2010-12-06

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 2010-12-14

RFE(s):

AOS Case Transferred to CSC: 2010-01-14

Biometrics Letter Received: UNDELIVERABLE--hopefully will be resent soon

Biometrics Appointment:

www.justputitinwriting.blogspot.com

I called yesterday out of curiosity whether another operator would say the same thing about scheduling our own appointments. I first asked about appointment date; there was none, and she volunteered the information that Packet 4 was sent out on the 7th. Then I asked if we were supposed to schedule our own interview, and she said she didn't think so, that there should be an interview date in the Packet 4.

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can ya believ we are almost there guys???!!WOW O WOW

Kenis still here visiting, so I think he will wait until i get the p4 before heading back to Maine; then get all his docments; has it except for the banking info., which he requested...! I was so hoping to be there by Nov or Dec., and it looks like it may just happen

I am sooo happy for all of us - those who are waiting -it's coming-we all get there!

Timeline

Our P4 was mailed on the 8th, yay!!!

Timeline:

08/27/2006 - We meet in Toronto, Ontario

09/02/2006 - Decide to be an official 'couple' :)

....then follows 3.5 years of dating, flying from Seattle to Toronto every few months...

02/12/2010 - ENGAGED in Seattle!!

02/25/2010 - Mail I-129F

03/09/2010 - Receive NOA1

04/19/2010 - Approved!

04/24/2010 - Receive NOA2

06/16/2010 - Receive Packet 3 from Montreal

07/22/2010 - Packet 3 logged into MTL system

..... 48 days of waiting and calling DOS ......

09/08/2010 - P4 Mailed! (can't wait to find out when the interview is!!)

09/16/2010 - Brandy (USC) receives the P4 - before Albert :) he owes me $5 now...

10/27/2010 - K-1 interview! ***APPROVED!!***

11/21/2010 - POE

01/08/2011 - Married my best friend:) (civil ceremony)

AOS

02/04/2011 - Mailed I485 and I765

02/10/2011 - Received both NOA1's

03/11/2011 - Biometrics - passed

04/21/2011 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!

07/16/2011 - Wedding Ceremony and Reception!! :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone waiting on a P4! Let us know when your dates are!!! This is good news, Montreal is waking up! :thumbs:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

P4 is for k1s a packet to make your OWN interview dates acording to another member who just posted about it. its a new system now apparently.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

P4 is for k1s a packet to make your OWN interview dates acording to another member who just posted about it. its a new system now apparently.

At this point I'll do anything - make me own, have one assigned, just as long as I get a date soon!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.