8 posts in this topic

Hi

I am wanting to find out if the information i have been told is correct. I live in Oklahoma and have contacted a Civil Surgeon with regards to the AOS. I am up to date with my vaccinations and i am within a year of my medical back in England (still will be when i file for AOS) but have been told i need a TB test, Syphillis test (i had one of these in my medical in England) and then the doc needs to check my vaccinations and the doc will give me a physical. It is going to cost $125 and i am wondering if this is correct.....not so much the cost but the TB and Syphillis Test?

Thanks

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Hi

I am wanting to find out if the information i have been told is correct. I live in Oklahoma and have contacted a Civil Surgeon with regards to the AOS. I am up to date with my vaccinations and i am within a year of my medical back in England (still will be when i file for AOS) but have been told i need a TB test, Syphillis test (i had one of these in my medical in England) and then the doc needs to check my vaccinations and the doc will give me a physical. It is going to cost $125 and i am wondering if this is correct.....not so much the cost but the TB and Syphillis Test?

Thanks

Sounds right both of those are required..they even wanted my 18 yr old daughter to have the Guardisil vaccinations..I fought them on that one and they have now dropped that as a required vaccine...We went to a Dr in Stillwater, Ok..he was very reasonably priced..the whole exam was $195

Sounds right both of those are required..they even wanted my 18 yr old daughter to have the Guardisil vaccinations..I fought them on that one and they have now dropped that as a required vaccine...We went to a Dr in Stillwater, Ok..he was very reasonably priced..the whole exam was $195

Great, as long as i know that this is correct :-)

Thanks

AOS Visa Journey

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi

Thanks

WRONG. INCORRECT. WRONG.

**Edit -- I posted this initially so you knew it was wrong and hopefully before you went off to do it. The person who said it was right is also 100000% wrong. Syphillis test is not required because you had it already. TB test isn't required because you had that already too.

Please read this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/268012-i-693-tb-test/page__view__findpost__p__4105150 which explains why it's not required and provides links to evidence you can take to PROVE it's not required. If you want to do it anyway that's up to you, but if that TB stuff gets filled in, be prepared you might get an RFE for a complete medical because the TB test is part of the MEDICAL and not of the vaccination transcription so they may assume the rest of the paperwork is required to be complete.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Wrong. Please refrain from posting incorrect info. K1's are not required to do this if their medical from their home country is still valid.

Timeline

Can you BOTH please update your timeline so others can benefit from your experience and your profile to reflect that you are now AOS (pending). The timeline function is up the top called "immigration timelines". To update your profile click on "settings" (up the top right of the page) then the "profile" tab, then "change profile information" (which should be the default one that opens). Then scroll down to Immigration status where it currently says "k1" and change it to "AOS (pending)".

My timeline is correct. I have not yet started the AOS process just finding out all the info as were gonna start after our September Wedding.

If I do not need a TB or Syphillis test why is there room on the paperwork that we take to the docs about our vaccinations? I am slightly confused about what I should be getting filled out on that form

AOS Visa Journey

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

Sorry I will look at the link you posted, forgot to look at that first!

AOS Visa Journey

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.