Ban Hammer

why the left hates guns

412 posts in this topic

What's the relevance of dropping? You are still way ahead of every other first world country per capita, which factors population differences in.

America has more Homicides per capita than China and India combined. Does that not mean anything to you? How ###### stupid can you guys be?

Ok, when Australia banned guns, the murder rate went up. Same logic you use all the time. But it's ok because you do it. I'd respect your opinion even if I disagreed with it if you used any consistent logic, but you don't. You ignore the facts that prove you wrong and go off on endless tangents.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Ok, when Australia banned guns, the murder rate went up. Same logic you use all the time. But it's ok because you do it. I'd respect your opinion even if I disagreed with it if you used any consistent logic, but you don't. You ignore the facts that prove you wrong and go off on endless tangents.

Get your fact straight before mouthing off. First off, they didn't ban guns they restricted them.

AUS Murder Rate - per capita

Pre-Gun buyback and restriction

1995 - 1.8

Following gun buyback - given time to work

2008 - 1.2

Basically a 33% reduction

Year: Total Homicides (per 100,000)

1999: 344 (1.8)

2000: 316 (1.7)

2001: 310 (1.6)

2002: 318 (1.6)

2003: 302 (1.5)

2004: 263 (1.3)

2005: 259 (1.3)

2006: 281 (1.4)

2007: 253 (1.2)

2008: 260 (1.2)

What's happening to the rate Genius?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Get your fact straight before mouthing off. First off, they didn't ban guns they restricted them.

1995 - 1.8

2008 - 1.2

Okay genius, can you foresee what the rate might have been if the victims had a weapon? Only thing that shows is that 4000+ ppl died. I'll just bet everyone who got MURDERED wish they had a gun.

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

1995 - 1.8

2008 - 1.2

My facts are straight. There were more murders committed after guns were banned. Manipulate the figures any way you like. Arguing with you is like stealing candy from a baby.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Einstein, figure this one out.

1997 US murders 18,208 Pop. 267,637,000

2008 16,272 304,059,724

Now using your Australian math, explain to me how this is an increase, per capital in total, etc. You can't. Jackass.

So because it dropped means it's good right? 1 in 2 had Aids, now 1 in 3 has aids, does this means it's good then, when 1 in 100 have aids everywhere else?

Here's some maths for you.

2008 Homicides

AUS: 260

US: 16,272

US has 14.5 times the population. What can you deduce from that? I want you to answer so I can laugh when you make a fool out of yourself, yet again. Then come up with some pathetic insult.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

So because it dropped means it's good right? 1 in 2 had Aids, now 1 in 3 has aids, does this means it's good then, when 1 in 100 have aids everywhere else?

Here's some maths for you.

2008 Homicides

AUS: 260

US: 16,272

US has 14.5 times the population. What can you deduce from that?

No, it dropped, so that means it's getting worse. You're hopeless. No wonder everyone here laughs at you.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

Okay genius, can you foresee what the rate might have been if the victims had a weapon? Only thing that shows is that 4000+ ppl died. I'll just bet everyone who got MURDERED wish they had a gun.

Dead people make wishes? :unsure:

No, it dropped, so that means it's getting worse. You're hopeless. No wonder everyone here laughs at you.

Dude, plain and simple, you're an i.....

Dead people make wishes? :unsure:

Family members do!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Her is one for you, why is this the same case with every single other first world country that has gun bans or restrictions then?

I have already illustrated before that a large percentage of victims knew the shooter, which means no gun would protect you.

Edited by Heracles

No, I am insinuating that even the toughest ban in the world in one state cannot work when people can literally walk across states lines and purchase them legally, let alone illegally.

When can criminals purchase guns legally? If it's already illegal... how are we gonna make it more illegal?

A gun will make you safer if you are ready and waiting for the person - one scenario. Contrary to slim John Wayne fantasies, robberies do not go down like that. By the time a Slim realizes he is being robbed, the gun is already at your head. Spare me with the James Bond / Bourne fantasies that you will take them down.

Fantasies aside, you're telling me it's better to never have one because the likely scenario is it would do me no good.

That's like saying I shouldn't have a fire extinguisher at home because my house is probably going to burn down in the unlikely event that it catches on fire.

You're also totally ignoring the fact that I have the right to keep and bear arms in order to deter the govt. from becoming too tyrannical. Sometimes gun ownership an possession has nothing to do with crime at all. There's a bigger picture.

Refer back to earlier point of being able to purchase guns in another state with no ban. Proven where? You mention facts and proven but typical fail to show where.

Florida. Check it out.

Actually as discussed earlier, over 10 years it reduced an already low rate by 24 percent. Once again, they didn't ban guys they restricted them. Had they banned them, the rate would probbaly be close to zero.

This is the same decrease in crime the US had without a ban. Care to comment on that?

US has 14 times greater population than Australia but 55 times the homicide rate; with 22 times the UK's rate but only 4.98 times their population.

Not true. We have 55 times more homicides... but our rate is only 4-5 times higher per capita. Nowhere near the HUGE 55 times disparity you're claiming.

If people like you don't waste so much time trying to attack reality, things might change here. Yet to people like you or Slim, there is no problem. The so-called haters must simply be making it up right?

Or we simply don't acknowledge the slightly higher rate as enough of a concern to willingly waive our rights to liberty as much of the first world has.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Or we simply don't acknowledge the slightly higher rate as enough of a concern to willingly waive our rights to liberty as much of the first world has.

You define your freedom and liberty by your ability to own guns? It's not a slightly lower rate of crime, but don't let statistics or facts get in your way, they don't seem to be have any effect on you.

You define your freedom and liberty by your ability to own guns?

Not necessarily. However, I would be more inclined to do so if I couldn't own guns.

Because I have guns, I'm able to concentrate on other things.

It's not a slightly lower rate of crime, but don't let statistics or facts get in your way, they don't seem to be have any effect on you.

It is very slight. Less than 1% per capita for both countries even though ours is "5 times higher." That ought to tell you something, if ours is 5 times higher and still under 1% the rate is very, very low in both places.

The fact of the matter is crime plays very little into the daily lives of people in either country. To insinuate we should get rid of our guns (which guarantee our government can never take away our rights) in order to be "safer" is like saying we should add another channel to our cable TV so we have something to watch.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"