Ban Hammer

why the left hates guns

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"arms necessary to overthrow the government" - somehow I don't think that a few pistols and rifles really cut it.

What about a cruise missile?

Governments are overthrown by pistols and rifles everyday somewhere in the world. Besides it doesn't matter if it works or not. We have the right and the government cannot take it away. The bill of rights is a restriction on the government, not privileges for the people.

It is called "settled law". YOU have the right to leave.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I understand it quite well, It is you and your ilk who have the comprehension problems Slim.

As I explained to Gary, in my response, Guns are a constant in the equation. If you remove them from the equation, violent crime will plummet.

Jamiaca. An island nation. banned the ownership of firearms in 1976. Crime increased 400% since then. It has one of the highest crime rates in the world.

You were doing so well, too. Vermont has a lot of guns and virtually no gun related crime (we rent space to other states in our prison) How would Vermonts crime be reduced if guns were removed?

Now you are back to having to answer the question. Chicago bans handguns and yet had to call in the National Guard to control crime. Vermont allows ANYONE to carry a gun and has four homicides in a year...a 20% drop from last year when we had 5.

Please explain.

Gary And Alla

"arms necessary to overthrow the government" - somehow I don't think that a few pistols and rifles really cut it.

What about a cruise missile?

Dude you wouldnt understand, your just a subject!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

The uselss moratorium died 6 years ago and there is no longer any such thing as "pre ban" or "post ban" except in some collectors niche. The term has no legal meaning anymore.

The Grandfather of that bill is still alive and well in California which means my rifles will be leaving the state when I die.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Timeline

The Grandfather of that bill is still alive and well in California which means my rifles will be leaving the state when I die.

Just me...but I would leave the state long before then...WITH my guns.

Gary And Alla

Just me...but I would leave the state long before then...WITH my guns.

Yeah I am thinking about it Gary. I got to wait another seven years to get full medical coverage for retirement.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Timeline

Yeah I am thinking about it Gary. I got to wait another seven years to get full medical coverage for retirement.

One New England winter, and you will be on the next flight home. :whistle:

It's sorta like folks born east of the Rockies, living for years in California, running like a whipped dog when they experience the first decent sized shaker. :lol:

Vermont allows any person over the age of 18 to carry concealed firearms without a permit or license. Allows the ownership of automatic firearms (YES, machine guns) and has no rstrictions on so-called assault rifles. Australia has 10 times the homocide rate of Vermont. Quebec is 18 times higher. BOTH have lower population densities than Vermont. Why?

Actually Vermont's homicide rate per capita in 2007 was 1.9, Australia's was 1.2. Canada's 1.8.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Actually Vermont's homicide rate per capita in 2007 was 1.9, Australia's was 1.2. Canada's 1.8.

That's the homicide rate. Gary was talking about the homocide rate. How do these compare?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Sarcastic? Perhaps. Who attacked whom? You my good man are a bit of an anger management reject... Typical gun toting dipwad...

Sarcasm, you may want to read up on it considering I do not condone gun ownership. Certain not people carrying them on public streets nor owning anything more than a single shot hunting riffle.

In other words, you put your foot in your mouth again.

That's the homicide rate. Gary was talking about the homocide rate. How do these compare?

Ahh yes, probably more in Vermont since the hippies are there. I'd like to see him head to New Orleans and then come tell me how safe guns make a community.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Actually, they do.

But, since you brought it up... sure. We should be allowed to have cruise missiles.

Ah slim, you get funnier by the post regarding this issue. I do enjoy these made up stats you claim to know, like crime being the same. What's even funnier is you saying this coming from Ohio.

My favorite was your claim that gun restriction did not work in AUS because for the first year or two after it was implemented, crime did not go down. As if guns would magically disappear or the government would search inch by inch of the country for them. Conveniently, you do downplay and ignore the 24 percent reduction over 10 years, from a rate that was already at record lows.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Governments are overthrown by pistols and rifles everyday somewhere in the world. Besides it doesn't matter if it works or not. We have the right and the government cannot take it away. The bill of rights is a restriction on the government, not privileges for the people.

It is called "settled law". YOU have the right to leave.

You're not Robin Hood.

Sarcasm, you may want to read up on it considering I do not condone gun ownership. Certain not people carrying them on public streets nor owning anything more than a single shot hunting riffle.

In other words, you put your foot in your mouth again.

I think perhaps we are both victims of our own sarcasm which apparently translates poorly in this forum. :hehe:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I LOVE THIS THREAD! :rofl: Liberals attacking each other (with screwdrivers and molotov cocktails probably) and Rob & Mel agreeing with me! OMG the wheels have come off the rails!

Read post above. I support your right to bear arms, my issue is with idiots who believe a gun makes them safer. Guns do not make people safer. They are instruments of destruction. Nor is it at all likely you or anyone on VJ will be saved by possessing a gun in any of the hilarious John Wayne scenarios you envision.

Example: I just traveled three states, and wandered a major US city after dark with the wife and three kiddies. Number of times needed or wanted a gun? None.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS